October 23, 2014 | 1957 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Stay Matte Compact Powder Foundation

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by VioletPearl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I loved this but it was discontinued here. I used "ivory" but it was a bit darker than my skin tone, but I really liked it because it had great coverage and the colour of it was a beautiful and natural skin tone colour, not pinky or yellow. The only downside of this was the powder case, it was made of a weak plastic which tended to break easily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 3:58:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Purchased this in 001- Ivory, for reference I wear MAC NC15, Revlon Buff, L'Oreal N1, Almay Buff, and Cover Girl Classic Ivory.
As a powder foundation this stuff didn't do it for me as I personally found it had no coverage compared to other powder foundations I have tried, liked, and loved over the years.
I have recycled this powder foundation into setting powder now for my liquid foundations. It seems to work well for that purpose without caking or oxidizing. Will finish the pan, but unsure if I'll repurchase at this time.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by olives5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really don't like this product . I bought it on sale for a couple bucks so it wasn't a big deal. It looks really cheap on, cakey look like its SO obvious youre wearing make up. Also, Rimmel has a horrible selection of colors. Its so limited and I doubt anyone has ever really found a half decent color match with their selections. Don't buy this, no matter how cheap it is!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

I love this powder! it truly keeps me matte for around 5 hours, its easy on the wallet, the packaging is sleek and the match is perfect! (NC20, I use shade 103) I like using this on top of a thin layer of MAC' studio fix powder, or by itself depending on what kind of coverage I want. It also is very compatible with the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation, and Revlon colorstay. I'm super happy I stumbled upon this! I love trying new powder foundations :) I like applying this with a powder brush and a sponge combined. This would be great for people with oily skin, or anyone in general. The coverage is medium but buildable which is wonderful for controlling what kind of look you want.

*UPDATE*

After a awhile, this color turned into an ugly gray color in the pan :( I cam still use it. but I have to mix another powder with it otherwise it gives me a gray cast which isn't to great.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by InStereo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Small colour selection.
Must reapply often. (I have oily skin.)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by simplychiq

this was an alright product for me. it looks great when i first put it on but after a couple of hours, i dont know if it's just me or the lighting, but it kinda looks darker. The color that i have is in sand and it matches my skin tone perfectly! The packaging sucks! When I brought it with me on a trip, the hinge broke and the powder got all cracked which made a total mess! anyways, I would go back and buy this product again until I find a better powder foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by heejoh

I'm also surprised to hear so many complaints about this product. I happened to find one in a clearance bin at my local bed bath and beyond (yes, my bb&b sells makeup) and picked it up on a whim, just cuz it was like $2 or so. I got it in true ivory and it's a perfect match with my skin tone. I tossed the sponge and just use a flat top brush to buff it into my skin. And I love it! It's not super heavy coverage at all, i I would say it's fairly light coverage, and it does mattify my skin and take away the oilies in my t-zone. I just got a teensy bit of a tanrecently, so it's the perfect shade for me right now. I'm probably an NC25 or so in MAC. I've had absolutely no issues with it turning orange on me. It claims 6 hour of shine free and I would say that's just about right. After that, I need to start touching up. The only bummer is that I don't see this color as an option anymore on the Rimmel site, and I've actually never seen this product anywhere with the regular Rimmel stuff in stores. I only saw it in that clearance pile. Which makes me think I'll never be able to find it again. Bummer really, because I quite like it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the few products that I have hit pan on in my collection. I've been using this for years. I like the texture and staying power of it as well. I wear this in classic ivory and it hasn't failed me yet, use it as a setting powder for liquid foundation and touch ups during the day. It is great for summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2009 12:04:00 PM More reviews by FrugalMakeupAddict

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the texture and finish of this foundation. I have slightly oily skin, and most of the time I am looking for only medium coverage. Mostly just evening out skin tone. I threw out the sponge applicator it comes with ( ew bacteria) and use a really soft kabuki brush. Actually the tiny travel size one from Eco Tools works great! It gives me an even application, and I find this keeps me matte for a few hours. It does build up if you keep re applying though so I usually will only re-apply once. Sometimes I just blot with a thin tissue and use a pressed powder when I am on the go. I have also used a light dusting of this over top of a tinted moisturizer ( Elizabeth Arden) and I like this combo. The packaging is not pretty, but it is functional, and the price is right. I will buy more, but I do go through it pretty quickly. I agree that the pan is a little on the thin side.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by slightlystarry

I'm not very sure as to why so many people are complaining about the colors being too dark. I have very fair skin and purchased Ivory and the powder blends in fine with my skin. Helps keep you matte with about 2 applications for up to 4-5 hours I'd say. As an all-over foundation it offers pretty sheer coverage that accomplishes the goal of evening out the skin tone for a daytime look. I personally like the packaging- it's quite simple and straightforward. Just use a nice kabuki brush and you're set.

I should mention, though, that for the price [I think I paid somewhere at $7?], you only get a thin layer of powder. Would have liked a little more bang for my buck :(