April 19, 2014 | 1923 users online

Moisturizers - MD Forte - Replenish Hydrating Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 3:10:00 AM More reviews by MissMich15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This cream is silky, scentless, and perfect for soothing your skin if it's going through some trauma. I used this product in conjunction with my Obagi treatment some time ago... and this cream soothed and combatted the flakies and the redness like no other. It's pricey, and I would love if it came in a squeeze bottle versus the jar, but I'd definitely repurchase again. It's an exquisitely made product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by dollchild

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

How could I have been using AHAs & retinol for months without this? My face is so much happier now! I use this after my AHAs and retinols at night and in the morning. Never feels heavy, works well under makeup, calms the redness, and keeps almost every single flake at bay -- even in a Boston winter! MD Forte's products haven't failed me yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2008 10:58:00 AM More reviews by browneyedbella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't posted a review of this before now!
This cream is really more like a cream/gel. It's so soothing, and just absorbs right in. It really helps calm my ultra sensitive skin, without leaving any film, or any sticky feeling, which for me is perfect!

I have ultra sensitive skin and rosacea, and this cream has really been a skinsaver for me! Definately my HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2008 3:13:00 PM More reviews by stackedgoddess

I began using this cream after my nightly Finacea prescription for rosacea began drying out my skin to the point of flakiness. This cream is unscented, feels cool to the application (which helped the itchiness of my prescription subside), has a white waxy texture. A little product goes far and it absorbs quickly, but if you use too much it will begin to peel off. It doesn't seem to work well under my makeup, so I use it primarily for night only. It doesn't aggravate my already sensitive skin and definitely helps to prevent the flakiness derived from the Finacea. I've been using this product for two months, and I'm only halfway through the jar. I haven't noticed any breakouts that I can attribute solely to this product.

Only lippie subtraction is for the jar packaging which causes the product to break down or contaminate quicker, rather than a pump.

3/26/09: Update. Still LOVE this product, it's the only moisturizer I prefer when my skin is acting hypersenstive and when I don't want to bother with an SPF. It's still great to calm down my rosacea skin after using antibiotics and topical creams that can dry you out. One jar lasted me an entire YEAR. Still wish it wasn't jar packaged, but oh well!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2007 7:26:00 PM More reviews by wonderone

This is hands down the best moisturizer I've tried. There really isn't one ingredient in it I find objectionable, and it's packed with antioxidants. The amount of silicones in it might suggest it could be slippery or leave shine, but actually it's just the opposite. It has a thick consistency and leaves a matte finish. I like the smell, too (it's unfragranced; I just like the smell of the product itself). It somehow sinks into the skin right away, just leaving it soft. This may not be enough for really dry skin, but for my combo skin it's plenty. Also calms any redness I may have. I prefer things that are not in jars, but this product is just too thick to package any other way. So for hygiene's sake, I use a little plastic spatula to get it out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2007 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Winthrop44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After testing probably 50 moisturizers following a disaster with finacea, this turned out to be the only moisturizer I can use on my extremely sensitive rosacea skin. I just pray they never discontinue this or the Rehydrating Cleanser. Great ingredient list for rosaceans. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2007 1:38:00 PM More reviews by vfer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for several years. I keep trying other brands and end up tossing them. This is the *only* moisturizer I can put near my eyes . No burning or stinging. I use it mostly under my eyes and on my neck. It doesn't break me out. It has a light texture that might not be moisturizing enough if you need a heavy-duty product.

Too bad it is so expensive and I wish it came in a tube. Oh well, I keep buying it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2007 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Khara04

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite in the winter (too heavy for me in the summer). Have been using since I started with MD Forte. Definitely a staple.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2007 2:21:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Purchased this item recently (almost 5 weeks) and started using MD Forte as well as Afirm and now these products I highly recommend with any skincare issues (clearing up of acne and actual witnessing of fine lines or discolorations disappearing - normally I have used products in the past where I only had a temporary fix, but MD Forte and Afirm get my highest recommendations.) I also use the MD Forte III cream but use this more as a treatment than an actual moisturizer and feel that my face can get dry, so I added in my regimen the Replenishing Hydrating Cream which gives my face added moisture. The changes in my face have been remarkable.

Update: 10/07 my face really cleared up in terms of acne but then MD Forte and Afirm stopped working on me and dried me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2007 10:54:00 PM More reviews by miz_walker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is expensive but totally worth it...and a little goes such a long way. I had acne prone skin. Retin-A is great for my skin but occasionally dries out my t-zone so this cream is perfect for addressing that area.