October 24, 2014 | 1611 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Teak Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I've had this lipstick for a while now. It's a very pretty rosy pink. It's not too dark, but it's not too light either. I find it makes my lips stand out without being overpowering. It retails for around $8. That's a great price and it can usually be found on sale for less.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by bliss70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not a huge lipstick person due to having weird little scaly lips but this lipstick color is one I have used for several years now. Not drying, great coverage, decent staying power, especially if blotted and dusted with powder for a matte look. Every time I wear it, people tell me I look "pretty" or "fresh". A wonderful shade for my coloring. I hope they don't discontinue it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by naedyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very rich, medium-dark pink, would look great on pale and tanned ladies! I bought this when it was on clearance at Unichem Auckland, for $10 (usual price was $21), so it was well worth it. I've seen this colour before but always thought it was not a must have. After trying it on, I've found it to be a colour that changes easily under different lighting. It can look cool or warm, maybe it's a neutral in that case. It looks bright on my NC44 skin, and catches people's attention. I wore it to a rose festival today and was very pleased with the rosiness it imparted to my look. It has a creamy feel; did not dry me out, wore it on top of a similar rosy lipliner and light balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Theaflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am in LOVE with this beautiful color. If you have a fair/medium complexion and green eyes you must try this! Just plain pretty and appropriate for work or play. A lovely purchase! I am pleased and will certainly repurchase this gem of a lipstick!
Gorgeous for spring and summer! I like that these lipsticks have no fragrance as well. Money WELL spent!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by skwerlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In the tube, this looks like a somewhat muted dark pink, but it was a bit brighter and pinker than I expected on my lips. The formula is nice- it's not what I'd think of from the "super lustrous" line name, but the label does say that it's a creme. It applies smoothly and isn't so goopy-creamy that it wears off right away but is creamy enough to feel very nice on the lips, not drying at all. The tube is kind of flimsy and cheap feeling- of the various types of Revlon lipsticks I own, I think this tube is the dinkiest, though I suppose it's nice to be able to see the lipctick colour with the cap on. I don't think this is quite the ideal colour for me, but it's certainly a nice lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by pelirroja77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

*Teak Rose* is a creamy deep rose with mauve & brown hints to it, a non-shimmery color that can do wonders for people with cool and neutral complexions. Unfortunately, not the case with me :( This particular shade looks beautiful like a deep YLBB in the tube, but the mauve undertones come up richly upon application, at least on me. I'm very warm-toned (redhead, brown eyes, fair/light skin w/ yellow undertones) and often have this problem with lipsticks that seem to be YLBB shades (same happened with *Smokey Rose*). On the other hand, *Rosewine* turned out to be what I was expecting from *Teak Rose*, a true creamy warm rose :)
UPDATE 08/26/2009: Well, I was experimenting with this lipstick and several lipliners and finally made it work for me :) If I apply (softly) a redish-brown lipliner (I used Rimmel's 1000 Kisses in Spice) and than follow with the lipstick and blend well, the result is a beautiful earthy rose, so creamy and rich. I'm now giving it 4 points and not 5 because I can't wear it on its own, but with this trick I'm totally loving the new color, so perfect for fall/winter! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 12:22:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

On me this is a dark neutral woody pink (if that makes sense). Looks best if I wear it over lipbalm to the get MLBB look. All the usual good qualities of Revlon lippies, and I would rebuy it if I found it on sale.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2007 5:59:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

I've only wore this once before today, but I think this is a lovely shade for Spring and I will be choosing it often! It's a ripe, opaque coral-pink...not a warm shade but not a cool either. I wouldn't call this bright against my light/med. olive skin, but it's certainly not a muted shade; like I said, it's a very RIPE color! I think Super Lustrous lipsticks are among the best available since being reformulated a couple years ago; love the rich formula, love the secure click when closing the tube. They wear beautifully, are wonderfully pigmented, and apply so smoothly. I wore this today with BE Bare Skin Glimmer and Retro Liner on my eyes, along with Alima's Antique Rose blush. I added a little Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Champagne on my lower lip for a touch of light. Very pleased with this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2007 12:17:00 AM More reviews by colorfulme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a deep, creamy, coral-pink on me. Looks good, but not my favorite color. Won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2005 8:57:00 PM More reviews by speedbumpmeatpuppet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this packaged with Glossy Rose at Big Lots for 1.99. When I first put it on (with the gloss) it seemed to be a bright pink (i hate pink!), but I blotted it down and it was pretty nice. Good for an everyday going-to-work casual look. It's still a little on the bright side, but it makes my teeth look whiter, so yay! I'm a warm PPP, by the way, so it's probably just the contrast between my pale pale skin and the color that makes it seem so bright.