October 25, 2014 | 1520 users online

Cleansers - St. Ives - Makeup Remover & Facial Cleanser (all skin types)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by dorfmunder

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I have used this stuff for years, and absolutely love it. I have super dry skin and it leaves my skin feeling clean without dryness.

The key to using it is wiping it off with a warm washcloth. It takes all of my eye makeup off in just a few swipes. I can see how people would find it heavy & greasy if they were using just water or cotton balls to remove it. If you haven't tried it with a washcloth, you may want to give it another go!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 6:45:00 AM More reviews by Paulygirl21

Another reviewer took the words right out of my mouth when she said that the texture of this made her cringe. It really is cringe-worthy. Heavy and oily. It's laughable that this is called a "makeup remover". It didn't remove my makeup, and furthermore, it left a nice greasy film on my face. I felt like I needed to rewash my face afterwards. Terrible product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Lgrieco

I discovered this a few weeks ago. I saw this in my supermarket's clearance area and I purchaed it for $1.47.

My skin is very sensitive, acne prone, etc.. This really works for me. In the morning I use an Olay scrub and at night I use this. This combo is working for me. This cleanser is thick and it feels like lotion. I'm surprised it hasn't caused a breakout (fingers crossed).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by kyqtpie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love it. It takes of makeup and mascara, I have been wearing the new beauty tube mascara and it removes it all. My face feels clean and moisturized after.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by garden0fgraves

I generally have really good skin despite it being combination, small pores and an average of 1 pimple every 2-3 months. After experiencing great results with the Apricot Scrub, I wanted something softer and gentler for night use that won't dry out my cheeks, because I don't like to load my skin with products at night. I loved the smell and texture because it felt like a cream, and I liked that it was rinse-off. However, within 1 week of its usage I had 6 red bumps and pimples popping up. I guess it's just not meant to be. Also, it doesn't work with removing makeup. I usually use MAC Cleanse Off Oil to remove my makeup then hop into the shower and use this cleanser, but one night I forgot to use the oil and used the cleanser only, and it did not remove my MAC undereye concealer at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by nabahood

I love this product and it takes off all my makeup, every time without leaving a greasy residue/feeling. I wear Revlons Colorstay foundation, too, and if you've ever used it, you know that its really hard to get off once its on. This product takes it off quickly and thoroughly. I love it and won't use anything else!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by babygirl218

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

when i first squeezed this onto my hands. i was like.. umm.. this looks like a lotion. but after using it. it made my skin slightly softer.. which is a plus. i will not buy this again.

EDiT: i don't like this anymore, though it does FEEL like its making your face softer it's actually not i looked at the ingridiants and it has mineral oil which is supper bad and makes a film on your face. bad bad bad:( it didn't even take of my makeup all it did was smudge it. i don't use this anymore and i still have like most of the bottle left... don't waste your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2008 7:45:00 PM More reviews by toothfairy72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love, love, love it.
Itīs cheap, it does the job, it leaves my skin feeling good, not completely stripped.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2008 1:32:00 AM More reviews by staci01

I've been having a hard time finding a drugstore replacement for Lancome's Bi Facial makeup remover. This is my third makeup remover I've purchased this week and oddly enough I'm back to square one in a good way. Thought this was something new till applying it to my face then I realized that it smelled familiar. Ends up that this is the same product I used to use in high school only it's in a tube now instead of the yellow tub that it used to come in back then. Gets all my makeup off though I have to work on my lashes a bit when I have waterproof mascara on. Don't like that I have to use another cleanser to clean off the film that this product leaves behind but it seems that's what needs to be done if I want to get all my makeup off completely. Great product but will be updating because I've not used it to clean sunscreen off my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2008 11:56:00 PM More reviews by carolinerose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

well the last cleanser i used was by clean and clear and it was called deep clean. and at first i really liked it, it reminded me of biore pore unclogging scrub. it stung on my face and let a tingley sensation and both products smell like they have alchohol in them. i wanted a cleanser that wouldnt rid me of my natural oils like these cleansers did. so i stumbled upon this product at the supermakeret and said "hey why not?" so i bought and tried it out and i loved it! it leaves my skin feeling clean but not totally not oilless either which is good. it also is very good at getting makeup off especially if you're using urban decays primer potion. IT COMES OFF IN JUST A FEW SCRUBS!

but overall i like this cleanser and i will continue using it.