August 29, 2014 | 1740 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - 50/50 Balanced Remoisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by jesssala

Like several of the other comments, I was looking for better ingredients in my conditioner. That being said, this is pricier but well worth it.

My hair is medium thick and neither curly nor straight, just an ugly in between. I use this as both the shampoo and conditioner, just put a ton on until I ran run my fingers through my wet hair smoothly. If my fingers are still not running through completely smooth, I put more on, then rinse very well.

It's quite a project to squeeze the product out of the bottle, so I recommend storing it upside down.

I've been trying to grow my hair out so I just air dry my hair (after putting in the Garnier Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk in towel-dried hair) and this leaves my hair moisturized without a heavy feeling. I haven't used anything else in MONTHS! Especially good at balancing out hair after I put a demi-permanent color on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 4:59:00 AM More reviews by holymell

Edited to add:
If anyone is looking for the huge pump/ liter/ gallon bottles of this stuff, it IS possible to order online. I buy mine off the internet for MUCH less than at the store. Honestly, a liter for $12? That's really, really good. just go to the shopping area in Google Search and type it in, or send me a message for more information. I would be glad to help anyone. There are also gallons available for around $35. I buy the Tea Tree Conditioner in huge sizes, so I know my stuff:)

I like this a lot. This is the perfect conditioner for me in the winter months. It provides SO much moisture, yet does not weigh down my thin hair. Which, to me, is amazing, and I never thought possible, but it is. It also leaves my hair shiny, soft, and the amount of frizz is left reduced, and can then be eliminated by a leave-in and gel. I like the smell, the ingredients are mostly natural, the packaging is cute, the consistency is thick so a little goes a LONG way, so the 8oz bottle of this stuff will last three times as long as an 8oz bottle of the Tea Tree conditioner also by Giovanni (that I also LOVE).

The downsides to this conditioner are few, but they are bothersome. The price is obnoxious, especially for a poor person like me, but since it lasts so long, and it has many other redeeming qualities, it's totally worth it. The other con to this stuff is that after you are about a third of the way through the bottle- you are going to have to have the strength of a gorilla to extract the remnants. The consistency makes it IMPOSSIBLE to get all of the conditioner to the top of the bottle, even if you have somehow managed to turn it upside down. You have to slam it against various surfaces, causing others in your home and those in surrounding homes ponder whether or not 911 should be dialed, and potentially denting your nice shower surfaces. It's frustrating, yes, but totally worth it, in my opinion. I'll slice the thing open with a knife if I have to, then I will. It's what's on the inside that counts (if you can get at it).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by luckyleo17

I absolutely love this conditioner. I found it when I was determined to find a moisturing conditioner without any chemicals.... and voila! After using it once, my hair was noticeably softer, less frizzy, less tangled, shiny and beautiful! I'm so glad I found such a great product! ... but it's hard to find (It's only available at one drug store out of over 15 that I've checked) so I must stock up on it, and it doesn't come cheap. For a couple weeks I've been using another hair conditioner and totally hated it... but I used Giovanni yesterday and my hair feels back to being beautiful! Excellent product. My go-to conditioner and will be for years to come (providing I can still get my hands on it).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by HollyHox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using this when I became more concerned about the products in my conditioner. Right now it is my HG and I've been using it for years.

Pros:
- Conditions well and does not leave residue on the hair
- Mild scent
- Affordable
- Detangling
- Does not clog my pores on my back like many conditioners

Cons:
- It is hard to stand the bottle upside-down to get the last bit out
- Not very much product in the bottle
- The bottle design also makes it easy to squeeze too much product out

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 9:05:00 AM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have healthy, fine, straight hair, but I have a lot of it. It's layered and comes just past my shoulders and gets tangled easily, yet it also is easily weighed down by conditioners that are too heavy. So it's difficult to find conditioners that detangle well without weighing down my hair. Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Calming Conditioner actually works great for my hair as long as I use only a pea-sized amount. That's all it takes to condition my hair (so the 8.5-ounce bottle will last a long time), and it doesn't make my hair limp. It also has a soft, pleasant floral fragrance. I purchase it at vitacost.com or luckyvitamin.com at a significant discount off retail price.

Ingredients: Water, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Nettle Extract, Thyme Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Clary Leaf Extract, Lavender Extract, Coltsfoot Flower Extract, Yarrow Extract, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Soybean Seed Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin Brassicamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Panthenol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Polysorbate 60, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance With Essential Oils. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

For my kinky curly hair this product did nothing. It was just not moisturizing enough and it made my hair actually frizzier. I actually used the entire bottle and it was bad every time. My hair had no definition and almost looked like I teased it out after it dried. I prefer the thicker, heavier conditioner from Giovanni.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by lmccoy24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this product. The smell is amazing, the consistency is nice (thick enough to stay in hair and not run down my back while I'm in the shower), and it leaves my hair really detangled and soft without being weighed down. I guess that's the "balanced" part! My hair is naturally wavy, and this conditioner leaves my hair frizz-free with a nicely defined wave pattern. That makes it a winner in my book!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by owlcat75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found an enormous pump bottle of this at Marshall's for $12.99 and LOVE it! I love the texture, slip, scent, ingredients, everything. It detangles beautifully and leaves my hair feeling soft and looking gorgeous. I wish I could find the economy size again, but no luck:( A 16 or so oz. bottle costs about $8 at Target or the health food store, which is alot for a product I use so much of, but this conditioner is worth it and my hair craves it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 11:40:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great overall deep condtioner for someone who is trying to go green. It leaft my hair soft and calmed down my ragged splint ends for a while too!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Stasea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Giovanni is one of my fave can't live without brands. All natural and effective! What more could you ask for.

I use this as a co-wash as well as a regular conditioner. For ladies with dry and or curly hair this is a FAB co-wash. It even lathers up a little. I found the huge salon size with a pump for cheap at Marshall's and scooped it up! It leaved my hair balanced, soft, bouncy, and shiny. It doesn't build up at all. I am in love!