October 25, 2014 | 1031 users online

Moisturizers - Kiehl's - Sodium PCA Oil Free Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Krunce

WATCH OUT!
This product has a really high chance of making your skin break out and become try in terrible terrible ways, so GET A SAMPLER FIRST.
It's a very expensive mistake to make.

I think that there are some things in this product that, mixed with the right chemisty, will block your pores to the nth degree. This is what it did to me, to the degree that I got pressure pimples. My skin also started flaking in ways I've never seen it do before.

I try out a lot of different face products and don't have sensitive skin. I was very surprised at how this reacted with my skin, so don't think that you'll be immune.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Julia068

I really like this moisturizer. I have oily skin and this product was really light but moisturized enough that my skin didn't get dry. I find it kept my oily skin a little more matte than other moisturizers. If your skin is drier in the winter, it might not be moisturizing enough, but it was good for my oily skin. I've bought it twice but the only reason I said I wouldn't buy it again is because its $32 CAN. Im still on the hunt for HG that is within my budget.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 9:18:00 AM More reviews by jfb2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great moisturizer for someone with oily/combo skin. I use it in the pm after washing my face, it goes on smooth and doesn't make my skin oily an hour later. After a month of use my skin looks more even and my pores are less noticeable. Overall a great moisturizer. I'll definitely buy it again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by wenopia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been through two huge tubs of this - so i have been using this for a long while!
it's the perfect base for makeup and leaves skin feeling comfortable all day and night. you wake up without an oil slick, feels lovely and soft.

Love this more in summer though and if my skin wasn't too dry from acne medication. teaming it with a good oil free night cream in winter really worked for me. still use it in the day ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by samarasmith

I bought this product in a rush - I was on holiday and forgot my moisturizer. I had never used Kiehl's and was under the impression that they were "natural" products (but I was hurrying in and didn't read the ingredients - bad idea). They use the term loosely, as I found out.

This moisturizer burned when I put it on. My face turned bright red and my skin was very irritated. I have sensitive skin so I gave the product to my boyfriend thinking it may work for him, but he had the same reaction.

Then I read the ingredients - yikes! Preservatives, myristyl alcohol, isopropyl isostearate...all skin irritants and things you do not want to be putting on your face (at least I don't). Back to REN products for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by risris89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is the best! My friend recommended it to me a few years ago and after trying it on at night, I woke up with such soft smooth skin! I feel this is my go-to product if I want super super soft skin on my face! It is oil-free as well so it doesnt make me break out like other moisturizers would.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using oil-free moisturizers for quite a while now because it seems that my skin breaks out easily. It makes me wary of using new products, but I loved this one! Been using it for around three weeks now. And no breakouts at all!

When I apply this product at night, I wake up with my face feeling really soft and smooth. I only apply a really small amount.

Upon close inspection, the product smells kind of sour, but I have to hold the container close to my nose to smell it. While using it, it doesn't smell like anything at all. I gave it a slightly low rating for packaging because I like using a scoop / spoon thing for applying moisturizers out of jars like this one. I saved a scoop that came with a previous moisturizer and I keep using it. Washing it regularly has kept the moisturizer from getting dirty...my previous ones always got contaminated somehow.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by macbook313

Within seconds of putting this on, my skin became red, itchy and almost gave me an instant breakout. I must be allergic to a bunch of ingredients in here. And it also completely zapped moisture out of my skin--my skin became drier as I put more on.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by stellarvixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i've been using this for 2 weeks and it feels great!
IT DID NOT BREAKOUT on me~~~ hurrah
i have hyper sensitive skin recently due to usage of wrong product :(
skin is flaring up and am getting big red acne bumps T.T

i used this together with Khiel's ACNE BLEMISH CONTROL DAILY SKIN-CLEARING TREATMENT-30ML *my HG

both combo working perfectly well to bring in the balance & sooothing..
so far lesser formation of acne bumps and healing slowing
now i have to tackle the blemish marks *what a long & tiring battle...hehe
its very very affordable! happy!
50g for usd19

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by shellslove

One of my favored moisturizers - my skin loves this! Gives the perfect amount of moisture to my oily/combo skin without making me oily, shiny, or breaking me out! While I have 'acne prone' skin, this moisturizer is natural, yet not necessarily advertised for acne prone skin -- meaning it's not medicated. For me, medicated moisturizers defeat their purpose b/c they dry me out! That's what benzoyl peroxide is for, not moisturizer! I cleanse 1st w/Kiehl's non-detergent face wash (no residue, love!), clean my skin w/Kiehl's blue toner (optional step for me), apply any necessary acne medication to affected areas only, THEN moisturizer - skipping my t-zone in the summer time/when excessively greasy. Great routine, keeps me clear w/o over drying - this product is wonderful for keeping my skin balanced. Have and will repurchase. I also love that Kiehl's packaging is simple, user friendly and no frills. Not too cutesy, but looks 'smart' in the bathroom without embarassing my guy!