Estee Lauder Maximum Cover

4.1

Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Microcrystalline Wax, Kaolin, Cholesterol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sandalwood Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linoleic Acid, Glycine Soya Oil, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Bisabolol, Silica, Propylene Carbonate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Polyethylene, Dimethyl Octenol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Pentaerythrrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Mica, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77288, CI 77189, CI 77163

on 1/24/2013 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Now this is one hell of a foundation! Easily the most full-coverage foundation I have ever used, Maximum Cover is great for covering up blemishes, pimples, under eye circles, redness and the list goes on! I can’t quite work out how full-coverage it is, but how weightless and light the consistency is. It feels light on my skin, and if ever I wear this as a foundation half a 5p sized amount of product is more than enough to cover everything up. It glides on my face silkily, and if you have oily skin that no other foundation has ever been able to control, give Maximum Cover a go - it eliminates all shine with zero slippage. This foundation gives a totally matte finish to the face, it gives you that made-up ‘doll’ look to the skin. Therefore, if you like a natural finish… skip this! Although, you could mix it with Strobe Liquid by MAC for a dewier finish perhaps. I tend to use this as a concealer, buffing it in with a fluffy eye shadow blending brush under my eyes, and on any stubborn blemishes. I think for nights out or on occasion where you need to look your absolute best, but your skin is volatile, Maximum Cover would be a great foundation to use.

on 1/4/2013 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I did not purchase this product because they didnt have my shade. BUT LISTEN TO THIS. i went in my local cosmetic retailer vavavoom, and a pea size amount swatched on my wrist. it was too dark for me so i didnt buy it. i tried rubbing it off with tissue the sales associate gave me but it didnt budge and i was in a hurry so i forgot about it. TWO SHOWERS LATER, 3 days from the incident i was putting on a bracelet when i saw there was a mysterious looking dark smudge on my wrist, and i remembered it was this foundation! talk about staying power!! it only went away once i scrubbed my wrist and wiped it with a makeup removing towel. this would perfect for swimmers or people who really need super long staying makeup, but it can be a pain taking off. i wouldnt count on this giving you the most "natural" dewy skin.

on 12/17/2012 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This concealer is highly pigmented and will cover up pretty much anything. However the problem that I have with this concealer is that there isn't a big range of colours and the one i got closest to my skin tone made me look orange. I also find it difficult to apply since a little bit goes a very long way and if used too generously you end up looking cakey.

Otherwise if you do manage to find the one in your skin tone and you need the best coverage there is I would highly recommend this product.

on 10/15/2012 9:13:00 AM

I have been using this for like a week and I am really happy with it. It really provides maximum coverage and only small amounts of it are necessary for good coverage (it's pricey but I think it will last a long time). Staying power is excellent, I have it for 12 hours and it's still there. The only thing I don't like is that it tends to be a bit cakey, especially if you look at your face closely. I don't have problems with dry patches since my skin is quite oily. Overall, I think this is the best foundation of this sort that I have used (along with Double Wear which I use for evening make up). It really makes a difference for women who have problematic skin.

When I first got this I was so excited to use it, it promised full coverage and was practically waterproof which is exactly what I was looking for, I was certainly disappointed when the lightest shade was FAR too pink for me. I loved that it dried so quickly it made my make up routine much faster and it covered my flaws really well. But it didn't do much as far as oil control, I'd look in the mirror after only 2 hours and the oil would shine through even with powder. And it definately showed any dry marks on my skin. Sadly the only positive thing I can say is that it offers coverage, other ways it falls short. Wouldn't buy this again

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

BEST UNDER EYE CONCEALER EVER!! Yes I know its a foundation, but that's what's so wonderful about it. It covers like a concealer but its as thin as a foundation. So you get the coverage without the breaking or creasing. Its a bit expensive but Estee Lauder counters give you a 10 day supply to try for free, so that will last you like a month. Hehee. So go try it. Its bueno.

on 4/19/2012 9:50:00 AM

In my opinion, Estee Lauder makes the best long-lasting foundations. I like the Estee Lauder double wear foundation but I found it a bit too thick for me since it tend to clog my pores a bit. This one is actually better than the double wear because even if it's got higher coverage, it is actually more light-weight. The lasting power and oil-control function, however, are not as good as the double wear (maybe because it is lighter), but it still lasts me a whole day. And for the oil issue, I just have to deal with that by blotting my face more. I have the foundation in the color Ivory Cream, and I use No. 39 Cream Ivory for double wear (I am a mac NC20). Another reason why I like it better than the double wear is that although the color names are similar, maximum cover is actually more yellow-toned, which matches my neck better. I also recently bought the color creamy vanilla and I think it is actually closer to the regular double wear in No. 39, since it's got the same pink undertone. The only thing that I have to complain about this foundation is that I can only get it online because the Estee Lauder counters in Hong Kong do not carry them. Other than that, it is an excellent foundation and my current favorite. I would highly recommend it to people with oily/oily combination skin who want to try high-coverage, long-lasting foundations.

On 22nd, April: I'm taking a grade off from my previous rating. After a few days of wearing it, I found that the product does not hold up as well as the regular Estee Lauder double wear, especially in humid weather, like the one in HK. But I still enjoy the full coverage and how light it feels on my skin. Just wish the staying power could be a better as it is claimed on the packaging.

on 2/21/2011 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this. It lasts me almost the entire day - it is pretty much full coverage - makes spots almost invisible and scars invisible. I have even slept in this - it looked a bit crap the next day but it still stayed on!

I HATE the colour! It would be HG but the colours suck - If I don't mix it with some cheap white gothic foundation - it looks like dirt rubbed on my face. It is disgusting! Ha. Estee Lauder do really good full coverage long lasting products, but their colours are just awful - especially on fair skinned - they look so fake and gross. You need to buy some white foundation and rub it in. Though I don't think even that could save the AWFUL blatant pink and organge tones in the Double Wear.

I have to say I am in love with this foundation!

on 11/28/2010 12:47:00 PM

I love love love this foundation. Whenever i want a full coverage or a 'made up' look, this is the one i go for. i dont even need concealer when i wear it as it is such good coverage, and the best thing is it does not feel heavy. im very acne prone and this doesn't break me out, either. it costs £25 here in britain, although this is quite pricey, it is a lot less than other high end foundations, and it will last the longest time as you only need the tiniest amount. i love the packaging also, easy to use as you just squirt it out and have control over how much you use. could use any application method but i prefer using my fingers as its so easy, it blends easy as well. the only negative issue, which is so insignificant in my opinion, is that if you dont moisturise ( who doesnt?! ) it might make your skin look the tiniest (and i mean TINIEST ) bit dry. but this is minor. cant say enough good things about this foundation!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW | Estée Lauder Maximum Cover Foundation | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective