Dr. Bronner's Almond Castille Soap

4.5

Not tested on animals

Water, Organic Coconut Oil*, Potassium Hydroxide**, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Natural Almond Fragrance, Citric Acid, Tocopherol * CERTIFIED FAIR TRADE INGREDIENTS ** None remains after saponifying oils into soap and glycerin

on 12/8/2012 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product was very drying on my skin. I liked the smell and I think this is a good product, but for myself I think it is not for me.

I found a liquid black soap alternative that contains shea that works much better for my skin and also allows me to use it to shave.

I would use Dr. Bonners in the future, but probably as a cleaning product and not a personal toiletry item.

on 12/8/2012 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this as a shampoo, and my hair has never been healthier. I use maybe a couple teaspoons diluted with lots of water, and just pour it on my head, and then scrub. I have fine and thin hair that I almost never use heat on, and this cleans my hair well without leaving residue or weighing my hair down. Would definitely recommend for similar hair types.

on 9/17/2012 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product. My husband and I both use it as a body wash and it works perfectly for that purpose ( I swear it also helped reduce body acne as well).

on 8/20/2012 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this stuff more often than my regular bodywash. I love the warm scent of the almond. A little goes a long way with this stuff and it suds up really nicely. I use a just a little squirt on my loofa and its super suds. It cleans my skin nicely and doesnt leave it dry when I dry off.

I've used it as a shampoo in a pinch but it has a tendency to strip the hair yet leaves it super clean. I normally add a light conditioner to my hair starting at the base of the head and it makes it easier for combing.

This stuff has other uses such as cleaning which I havent tried yet. I do love it makes my skin clean and soft. I cant wait to try out the Rose next.

on 7/12/2012 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i love dr. bronners. i havent used a different body wash in years. ive switched scents a few times. just started using this one after using the eucalyptus for about two years. just figured the almond would be more moisturizing. i love this amazing gentle soap. i love the aesthetic and packaging. love the different sizes offered. its organic and has many uses. in a pinch you can use this to shampoo even.

I just started using Dr. Bronner's Almond Castille Soap, and I wish I had known about it a long time ago!

I chose to go with the Almond one because Almond oil has great skin benefits.

Since I heard you should dilute it... I had an empty Dial foaming soap dispenser, and I poured just enough soap in, (about 2 squirts,) to cover the bottom. Then I topped it up with bottled water. It works amazingly perfect! It foams up even better than the dial soap did.

I tried it as a shampoo, since I read a review that it faded someones color - and that is exactly what I want to do... fade out my ends which turned black from hair dye. I love it as a shampoo personally :D I also didn't experience any tangles because I worked it into my hair very gently.

This product is going to last so long, and I'm going to be saving money and being better for my health. I'm so happy!!! (I also heard people use this soap to make natural household cleaning products, and I can't wait to try that either.)

on 6/6/2012 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Love, love, love. Users of dr bronners for 10 years here, and almond is the best scent for showering, self and husband agree. Smell is intoxicating to me.

on 3/22/2012 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this stuff!!!!! It smells like the original Jergens lotion. For people that say it is too drying---you need to dilute it. I know some people say it doesn't require diluting but it really does. I had a few chest and back blemishes and clogged pores from coming off bcp and tried all kinds of creams, cleansers, and natural methods to clear them. Dr. Bronner's soap has cleared up my back and chest like nothing else!

on 2/27/2012 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is way too drying. After 2 uses of this product my skin is so dry it burns. I will never use this again!

on 10/31/2011 8:02:00 AM

I had a bottle of this for ages purely because I loved the almond scent. I used it for everything (including laundry which did not work at all). I wasn't aware that you had to dilute this which is probably why I thought it was too harsh. I finished off the bottle by using it as hand soap, but it did dry my skin. I would definitely purchase another bottle but at least I know to dilute it now!

Popular Gels/Soaps