MAC Pigment in Naked

4.2

on 3/5/2012 1:44:00 PM

A nice natural colour for lighter skin tones.
Colour: pale beige
Finish: iridescent gold shimmer
Pigmentation: light to medium
Texture: creamy
It can be a base colour for so many diff colour scheme looks. The subtle shimmer helps ur eyes stand out despite its meh colour

on 2/24/2012 10:17:00 PM

Naked pigment is a great color, especially when used wet. It's like my skin, but better. I like to use this all over my lid up to my brow bone. It's so pretty and basic and what I reach for when I don't have time to pick out a look. Just throw some Gold Stoke in the outer V or Gift O' Glamour or something neutral. Love. Hope they never discontinue!

on 2/20/2012 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Naked is hard to catch the eye. Understandably so, it isn't flashy nor trashy. I use it during the day as a nice natural look. It can also been used a a lovely highlighter under the brow or on the cheekbone. I believe I read that someone used MAC's lipglass with it and created a beautiful nude lipgloss......haven't tried that one. A great staple for a multitude of looks. Less peachy-pink and shimmery then Naked Lunch, but equally as versatile.

on 1/11/2012 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

In spite of the issues with the messiness of pigments and also everyone's totally valid gripe about the price not reflecting the smaller containers, I do like this pigment - THIS is what I wanted Shroom to be! It is very pretty for a bright-eyed, natural look that is work appropriate and just plain pretty. Any light to medium neutral colour in the crease (Omega, Wedge, Charcoal Brown) or slightly darker shade with shimmer (Mulch or the brown side of Illusionary/Burning Ambition) will further complement the whole look. Naked also works really nicely swept down onto the cheekbone as a highlighter. In my opinion, one of MAC's nicer, more wearable and versatile pigments.

on 12/31/2011 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love. Love. Love. I am relatively new to makeup. Well, good makeup that is. I used to be a drugstore makeup girl. Im slowly discovering better quality makeup and the naked pigment kept coming up on the makeup blogs I read. I finally decided to use some xmas money and buy it. I fell in love instantly. It is such a pretty and neutral color. It really brightens the eyes but doesn't give that heavy too-much-makeup look. It's perfect for day and can be used as part of a smokey eye for night. It's also wonderful for highlighting cheeks, brow bones and the inner part of the eye. Ive worn it everyday since I bought it last week. The only thing I wish is that it came in better packaging, I'm constantly worried Im going to spill it!

on 7/11/2011 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I had a chat with a Mac makeup artist on Mac Online and she told me that Naked Pigment would be a great color for a pin up look on my NC50 skin. She was extremely wrong. I bought this without trying it on at my mac counter (big mistake!) and I've been trying to make it work ever since. The truth is, this pigment is just not worth $20. I don't see why mac chose to make this in pigment form. It's a plain, milky color that does nothing for my eyes. I've heard countless time that this is a "skintone" color, but those people must have been referring to anyone under NW25. This just looks ashy on me and it looks very unnatural. I would not recommend this color to any WOC.

I love this so much! It is literally great for everything:
-a highlighter for the cheeks
-can put in nail polish
-use as an eyeshadow
- use on lips ( I absolutely love using it on my lips. I always have people ask me what I use. A great tool!)
A GREAT BUY!

on 6/21/2011 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Very pretty highlight color! I hate the packaging though, and I hate that MAC downsized the pigments but they're the same price

on 6/10/2011 11:45:00 PM

My friend gave me a sample of hers and I love this stuff! I kick myself for not buying the bigger size before they did the package change because Naked pigment is one of those pigments that you MUST have! Its great for a natural look. I havent tried it out yet on my cheekbones, but I will soon! I love this as a highlight on my brow bone! Stunning! The fall out isnt that much if you tap your brush and you pat the pigment on your lid. Its awesome stuff!!!

on 5/31/2011 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

At first after reading the other reviews here, I was skeptical. Finally the ther nite, I just figured to let a SA try it on me so I could see for myself. I was wearing eye makeup with the Too Faced " the naked eye " palette. I figured it was a good time to try it. What better time to see if you could even notice the pigment and did it really add anything to the combo I was weaing. Well, it showed up beautifully, and paired with the naked eye palette it really looked good. If you are afraid of buying this, thinking it won't show up or even make a difference in the appearance of my FOTD, think again. It really gave my eye look an appearance of sophistication with a touch of glamour. Try it, I think really really be surprised on how beautiful it is, and how many ways to wear it. I never use pigments on my cheekbones or lips. On me it looks garish. Not with naked. I used it on my cheekbones and it really illuminated them instead of making it seem like I was trying to look 18 again. Try it, you will be pleasantly surprised!