September 20, 2014 | 1749 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Absolutely Fabulous LipCream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2003 10:18:00 PM More reviews by curiouslilannie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a bad lipstick, just have to find the right color. I think the scent kind of pleasant. Can go on a little bit chalky if applied directly from the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2003 10:18:00 PM More reviews by kephar3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great opaque/creamy lipstick with lots of pigment and staying power!! Has the longevity of a really matte lipstick with not as much dryness as others. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2003 7:19:00 PM More reviews by jeenathee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is for the shade "Boast." It looks like a scary tangerine orange in the tube, but if you just dab it on your lips, then add a translucent gloss (peach, yellow, pink), you'll get a wonderful apricot shade. I'd recommend this to anyone since the formula is long-lasting, and when paired with gloss, it's perfect.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2003 1:22:00 AM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought a few of these, since they were on sale (possibly discontinued?) They feel OK at first, and have nice, rich colours, but after a few hours, it became very dry and flaky on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2003 6:19:00 PM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

Absoutly fabulous lipcolor! I have crave and enchant, not sure if I'll buy more colors but I'd buy these two again. Wears for a long time, cream-matte finish, pleasant vanilla-y taste, non drying. I just love these lipstcks! OInly problem is the color selection, all dark-ish deep colors, paler compections will definitly have a hard time finding colors to suit, I have fair to meduim skin and many of these colors are too dark for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2003 8:45:00 AM More reviews by CharlotteStant

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love these and because they're on clearance everywhere in my area, I have lots of them. As everyone's been saying, the formula is saturated with pigment and goes on creamy and with perfect coverage. (Contrary to what I would think most guys would like, my husband LOVES this style of lipstick, especially in the bright, rich colors here available.) The color selection is equally fabulous -- rich and deep berries, reds, plums -- all my favorites. I actually adore the scent. Overall, I'd say the Revlon people are attempting to duplicate MAC mattes and are doing a fine job. I don't find the formula drying. [But, Note: I don't like anything wetter than a traditional lipstick because I don't want breakouts around the mouth/chin area. So, if you have dryer skin, I would think these would be too dry for you.] The only thing I dislike about this line is the packaging. It's good enough quality and I can deal with the color, but the tube doesn't fit into lipstick cases (too long) or vanity lipstick holders (too thick) -- a major no-no, Revlon!!
Here's my impression of the colors I have:
Swoon -- muted mauve; Smoldering --berry mauve; Vivacious -- rich dark pinkish blue red; Enticing -- dark brownish brick red; Breathtaking -- bright pinkish red;
Racy -- clear, true slightly brickish red; Rumor -- rich rose (less pink and more orange than Swoon)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2003 12:50:00 PM More reviews by CoverModel

I bought this in Revealing,creamy formula but tend to dry lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2003 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Tanjas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ab-fabs (that's how I call them) are truly awesome lipsticks. They actually feel like a cream on your lips; soft and moisturizing with very high pigment content. I have Temptress and Racy - both classic reds, the lighter and darker shade (lighter is racy and it's yellow based color, darker temptress and it's blue based true red). Also good staying power without drying your lips.
In my opinion one of the best lipsticks on market.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2003 7:55:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

This has cute and amusing packaging and fairly nice colours, but the texture was too thick and opaque- I prefer my lipsticks to be more silky. The fragrance was what put me off the most- way too floral, and made me feel faintly queasy.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2003 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Belindalison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These were very drying and hard to apply. They show up every little line on your lips and taste awful. The colours I bought were Swoon and Crave, and they were much darker on than in the tube. I have always had bad experiences with Revlon lipsticks.