October 21, 2014 | 1992 users online

Pressed Powders - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin pressed powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by ThePeoplesChoice

I'm not a fan of powder... at all. But I have been using this basically eversince I started wearing makeup and it's the best. I'm scared to try any other powder product because i'm accustomed to wearing this Neutrogena. Let me say this, I apply my mousse first then glide this on and my face looks amazing and everyone loves it. This really makes your face look smooth and covers greatly too. I feel bad because for like two weeks I started using Mac and quickly switched back. I have yet to find another powder that satisfy me like Neutrogena. I will remain loyal and always will repurchase. I reccomend this to everyone who wants that perfect smooth look and if you have acne or scars this will cover them I promise. Give it a try, it's worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG! The ABSOLUTE BEST powder for super sensitive, acne-prone skin! I went through TONS of reviews in productville, tried out tons of products first-hand, and never seemed to find something that did not contain irritating or comedogenic ingredients! This is absolutely AMAZING! Not only is it talc-free, but it has nothing that's gonna end up breaking you out! I tried the Neutrogena Mineral Sheers pressed powder first, but realized it had mica in it which can definitely be irritating for some people, and since I've switched, my skin is gradually getting clear! This is my go-to makeup everyday and it has really great coverage for a powder! My only complaint is that there is very minimal color choice, but I found one that is relatively close to my skintone, even though it is rather yellow against my pink undertones, but nothing really noticeable....LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

UPDATE: Sadly, although I honestly fell in love with this, I have been suffering from deep nickel-sized cysts of breakouts all along my jawline where I put this to cover up acne-scarring...this is such a horrendous breakout that I have replaced everything else for but yet it still has been getting worse, so I have nothing more than to attribute it to this new product in my collection..dropped down to 3 lippes from a 5, and seeing if switching back to the Mineral Sheers kind will calm down this horrible storm of acne...=(

UPDATE AGAIN: Omg, after retrying this again one more time for two days, I have realized that my supposed breakouts are actually a contact dermatitis reaction to this powder...This is so heartbreaking yet odd because the Neutrogena Mineral Sheers powder did not have this bad of an effect, and I am devestated because I thought I was in love with this powder's better coverage...I think the extract ingredients (FeverFew) may be to blame because I've had a reaction similar to this before to an Almay product with excessive extract ingredients...this makes me especially upset because this horrendous breakout will take me weeks to clear up and it has put me in a bit of a depression to see my face...warning: sensitive skin people, beware!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by mthefool

Great drugstore powder. It has an spf, which is great. My face always ends up looking oily with moisturizer, sunscreen, or liquid foundation underneath. So this is a great way to get rid of shine. I don't use the included puff, cuz then it looks too cakey. i would suggest using a makeup brush, cuz you can dust on the lightest layer possible and it won't crease. I love it, I almost look airbrushed with this stuff on! Try it, doesn't hurt that it's pretty cheap too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Purchased this pressed powder because I am trying to shift away from mica based face powders and wanted something with spf (can't hurt). Really happy with the ingredients and texture of this product. Does a decent job keeping the oil down for my combo skin and creates a nice finish over my revlon colorstay foundation. This is not made to provide a lot of coverage so I was not expecting it to, but I think it gives a nice light flawless finish to my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 1:14:00 AM More reviews by broadway0rbust

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice quality pressed powder. I find that I'm using this more than my MAC Studio Fix now that it's starting to get warm. Very smooth texture once it's on my skin, good for cutting shine, but doesn't do anything for coverage and doesn't last very long. You will have to reapply and/or blot as necessary. I don't use the sponge that comes with it, but instead, apply it with a big powder brush - I get a better finished look. The SPF is a bonus since I'm trying to add more SPF products (besides my moisturizer) into the mix. I only wish is that it came in more colors, I'm using the Medium 40 and find it is just a bit too light for my complexion. Otherwise, perfect color for me in the winter time when I'm not as tan. Good, basic product. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder has pretty muched replaced my liquid foundation. The application is quick and easy and the spf 20 is a nice bonus. The main reason I wouldn't give it five lippies is that more colors should be offered. Other than that I am very happy with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by marisac118

HG! The longer I wear this powder, the more even and smooth my skin texture becomes. Since I've opted to wear this instead of other powders, my skin has improved to the point where it's optional... I basically just use it to set my sunscreen at this point. The color is pretty good, although Light to Medium is a tad light on my C3 skin. I use a powder brush to apply for a nice, glowing finish. I've tried Chanel Double Perfection, Dior Forever, and a handful of other much more expensive powders, but always return to this. The only thing I really don't like is the stupid packaging... it's just kind of ugly and bulky, but not a big deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by swann21

So, the packaging quality isn't that great and the price can be high ($13-14) unless you get it on sale.... but this stuff is really good. I use honey beige, which works for me because i have with yellow undertones. It has buildable coverage, but if you use any sort of liquid foundation and then put powder on, it tends to look powdery. On naked skin, it's great though. It gives me a really nice glow. I really trust neutrogena stuff because it tends to be a brand I can count on to not mess up my skin. So, no drying or acne breakouts of any sort. It stays on for a pretty long time too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by bricupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nice moderate cover, not cakey, does not make me brake out like others sometimes do. I use my own brush, not th elittle sponge included.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2007 2:26:00 PM More reviews by laurenb80

This is before I discovered BE, but it is a good drugstore powder that is not too talc-y and does not make me break out.