August 2, 2014 | 1001 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Flying Fox Shower Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by clarkesac1985

I've got to say that I am pleasantly surprised with Flying Fox! I have heard any great reviews of it and finally remembered to purchase a small bottle - smallest retails for $9.95 CDN - and am very pleased.

The scent is smiliar to the Godiva 2 in1 solid shampoo but far milder. It lathers well on its own or with a loofah and leave the skin feeling soft, lightly scented and without any residue.

The tiny bottle is typical of most body washes and is recyclable and easily portable for travel. I don't doubt you could use this on children, pets or as a bubble bath. Very lovely and will most likely repurchase once gone.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by labellarosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

HMMM! This smells wonderful! I enjoy this in the shower.

I ordered this online and was fearful because I hadn't smelled it person. I picked one out to try based on the ingredients and discription. BOY, was I surprised and so glad that I turned out to love this. It smells like Winne-the-Pooh bear's honey pot mixed with Jasmine. It's a honey sweet smell, not a sugary candy sweet, so I do consider it a more mature smell. I wish I would have ordered a larger size but I wanted to play it save and I order the 3.3oz for $9.95. I will defiantly order this in the future.

3.3oz = $3.02 an oz
8.4oz = $2.26 an oz
16.9oz = $1.71 an oz

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My relationship with Lush as a brand hasn't been as smooth and easy as I would like it to be. I think I started out by trying their bubble bath balls, which I love, don't get me wrong, if I have money to burn I would use a different one everyday for a nice foamy bubble bath. But they are just too pricy. Then I moved on to their hair products, tried liquid shampoo (really not impressed at all), solid shampoo (can't find the motive to buy it again), and hair conditioner (disliked the smell and was utterly disappointed by the performance). Years went by and I never even once thought about stopping by any Lush store when I passed one by. Until a few weeks ago, we were having some works done in our apartment and it had been exhausting and a bit stressful, one day I asked my boyfriend to get me a huge bottle of Flying Fox on his way home from work. I had googled and done my research, had decided that Flying Fox is the one I wanted to try because of the ingredients (honey honey honey!!!) and scent (I used the solid shampoo with the same scent before), which turned out to be the decision that made me enter the "Lush phase".

I used it right away that night, and it made me feel so relaxed and pampered. My boyfriend got in the room and the first thing he said was "Something smells incredible in here". It is indeed moisturizing, though I don't like the fact that it contains both SLS and parabens. I tried using it as shampoo, but it's a bit too rich for my hair and weighs it down. I am thinking about trying it as a kind of hair conditioner though. It also works wonders for a bubble bath, and considering the many different ways to use it, I think the big bottle is a lot more economical than other Lush products.

I really like it, the smell is divine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I know this scent is a hit or miss, but lawd have mercy, it's the most intensely beautiful-smelling thing my olfactories have ever experienced. The fragrance permeates the entirety of the bathroom, energizing and relaxing me simultaneously. It's a powerfully unforgiving floral- "unforgiving" meaning that if you plan on wearing another fragrance, you'd better give this one time to dissipate. Flying Fox *will* do battle with it, unless the other fragrance is complementary.
That being said, the body wash itself is lovely. It cleanses and doesn't make my skin dry or break out. It takes a bit of work to lather, but not too much work. The bottle feels a bit flimsy, but I can get behind Lush's minimalist packaging.
This was my very first Lush purchase, and now I can't wait to try more, along with the full size of Flying Fox. It's not for the faint of heart, but if you dig some serious florals, at least take a whiff of this in a Lush store. You might fall in love.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2012 2:34:00 AM More reviews by alliegrace132

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love the sensual smell of this body wash, I use it on date nights or just anytime I need a confidence boost! It leaves my skin soft and leaves a faint scent. When I want it to be stronger I use it as a shampoo, I was told by the lush associates it is great for hair and they were right! It leaves it soft and shiny and smelling great! I don't know about using it as shampoo everyday but for occasional use it's great! wish it was a little cheaper, but I wish everything was cheaper!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by kathy_in_california

I tried this in a Lush store with their salt scrub, and it seamed wonderful so I bought a bottle. Yukk - I cannot stand the smell in the shower, there is an odd moth ball scent that is sickening. I've tried to use it on several occasions, but each time I end up having to do everything I can to wash away the smell from me and the shower. Two stars only because of the ingredients, it lathers well and feels nice. Waste of my money...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by mrsbutlertron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The scent seems to be pretty divisive but I love it. It is very similar to Lush's lust perfume. Mildly moisturizing, nothing life altering. I really only use it for the scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love the way this smells and it helps with relieving my migraines. I would use this in the shower or bath and relax for a half hour. The whole bathroom was scented. It is a bit runny and doesn't lather very much. I don't think I would use this as a daily soap, being the smell is a bit much as well as the price. I would use it when I have migraines. I do like the smell, jasmine and honey. It smells very pretty but doesn't linger much on the skin. It was mild on my skin and didn't irritate it (sensitive, dry skin).

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by NYSuzyq87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The stench of this product is disgusting. This is not how Jasmine/Honey smells by any means perhaps rotten Jasmine flowers but not real ones. It smells like stale mothballs or something that I just can't put my finger on.. I guess the foamyness of the lather is good but I didn't find it extra moisturizing than anything I could get at the drug store. I received it as a sample and I can still smell it on my loofah three weeks later after a one time use. I'm going to have to throw this loofah out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG status! I got a small bottle of this as a gift and am so glad I did! I love this as a body wash and possibly even more as a shampoo! But first off, the smell! I LOVE it. Obviously if you have a hate-on for jasmine/honey you won't, but I find it so sexy and irresistible! The smell doesn't really linger on your skin, which for me is a bit of a shame, but it does stay in your shower to greet you in the morning! Also, this is one of those rare, *truly* unisex smells that would be sexy on a woman or a man. My boyfriend actually really likes it, and it reminds him of the bath beads his mom used to have when he was younger (come to think of that, it reminds ME of that too!).
As a body wash, I find it cleanses very well and is also one of the more hydrating washes I've ever used. My skin feels much softer and smoother than it did with the Softsoap I was using before, even after only one use. And it hasn't broken me out.
Now, as a shampoo: The bottle says you can wash your hair with this and I was hesitant, but I tried it a couple times and am LOVING the results. It is going to feel weird washing your hair with this, it doesn't really lather like other shampoos would. Just rub it into your scalp, comb through your hair with your fingers or a wide-tooth comb, trust that it's doing its thing, repeat if you want, and follow with a lightweight conditioner. Recently, I have been using a really cheap, crap conditioner and my hair was feeling pretty dry, but after one wash with this and the crap conditioner (and even moreso with two), my bleached, shoulder-length hair is shiny and incredibly soft! I can't stop touching it! Plus, the smell lingers a bit better in my hair, even when dry, which is a bonus. Actually, I don't think I'll be able to use this as a shampoo every day because it's so hydrating it may weigh my hair down- but it is a great product to alternate with something more clarifying (and DON'T follow with a heavy conditioner!).
Other pros: Ethical (eco-friendly, sustainable, not tested on animals), natural (if you're into that), easy, hygienic packaging.
Lastly, the cons:
-Pricey. I didn't buy this bottle, but it's almost $30 for the full-size bottle. If it wasn't so good on both hair and body I don't think I would think it was worth it, but since it does double duty, I'd be willing to fork out the cash.
-Doesn't really lather well- The LUSH website says a little goes a long way, but I have to disagree. I don't have to use TONS, but even as a body wash on a loofah I usually have to add more than what I started with. That said, I am due for a new loofah, so maybe that would make a difference.
-Smell doesn't linger on body. (Maybe this is a pro for you?)
-Can't use on hair everyday, but that's not much of a problem.
Overall, this is an amazing product! I have some other shower gels laying around to use up, but after that, I am DEFINITELY going to buy the full size, probably again and again!
UPDATE 10.31.12- This lathers WAY better in my hair if I rinse and repeat! NO idea why, but it does, I get WAY more bubbles the second time, moreso than with other shampoos. So, I recommend to just use a little bit the first time, to avoid wasting, then rinse/repeat.