April 18, 2014 | 1491 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Flying Fox Shower Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by kathy_in_california

I tried this in a Lush store with their salt scrub, and it seamed wonderful so I bought a bottle. Yukk - I cannot stand the smell in the shower, there is an odd moth ball scent that is sickening. I've tried to use it on several occasions, but each time I end up having to do everything I can to wash away the smell from me and the shower. Two stars only because of the ingredients, it lathers well and feels nice. Waste of my money...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by mrsbutlertron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The scent seems to be pretty divisive but I love it. It is very similar to Lush's lust perfume. Mildly moisturizing, nothing life altering. I really only use it for the scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love the way this smells and it helps with relieving my migraines. I would use this in the shower or bath and relax for a half hour. The whole bathroom was scented. It is a bit runny and doesn't lather very much. I don't think I would use this as a daily soap, being the smell is a bit much as well as the price. I would use it when I have migraines. I do like the smell, jasmine and honey. It smells very pretty but doesn't linger much on the skin. It was mild on my skin and didn't irritate it (sensitive, dry skin).

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by NYSuzyq87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The stench of this product is disgusting. This is not how Jasmine/Honey smells by any means perhaps rotten Jasmine flowers but not real ones. It smells like stale mothballs or something that I just can't put my finger on.. I guess the foamyness of the lather is good but I didn't find it extra moisturizing than anything I could get at the drug store. I received it as a sample and I can still smell it on my loofah three weeks later after a one time use. I'm going to have to throw this loofah out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

HG status! I got a small bottle of this as a gift and am so glad I did! I love this as a body wash and possibly even more as a shampoo! But first off, the smell! I LOVE it. Obviously if you have a hate-on for jasmine/honey you won't, but I find it so sexy and irresistible! The smell doesn't really linger on your skin, which for me is a bit of a shame, but it does stay in your shower to greet you in the morning! Also, this is one of those rare, *truly* unisex smells that would be sexy on a woman or a man. My boyfriend actually really likes it, and it reminds him of the bath beads his mom used to have when he was younger (come to think of that, it reminds ME of that too!).
As a body wash, I find it cleanses very well and is also one of the more hydrating washes I've ever used. My skin feels much softer and smoother than it did with the Softsoap I was using before, even after only one use. And it hasn't broken me out.
Now, as a shampoo: The bottle says you can wash your hair with this and I was hesitant, but I tried it a couple times and am LOVING the results. It is going to feel weird washing your hair with this, it doesn't really lather like other shampoos would. Just rub it into your scalp, comb through your hair with your fingers or a wide-tooth comb, trust that it's doing its thing, repeat if you want, and follow with a lightweight conditioner. Recently, I have been using a really cheap, crap conditioner and my hair was feeling pretty dry, but after one wash with this and the crap conditioner (and even moreso with two), my bleached, shoulder-length hair is shiny and incredibly soft! I can't stop touching it! Plus, the smell lingers a bit better in my hair, even when dry, which is a bonus. Actually, I don't think I'll be able to use this as a shampoo every day because it's so hydrating it may weigh my hair down- but it is a great product to alternate with something more clarifying (and DON'T follow with a heavy conditioner!).
Other pros: Ethical (eco-friendly, sustainable, not tested on animals), natural (if you're into that), easy, hygienic packaging.
Lastly, the cons:
-Pricey. I didn't buy this bottle, but it's almost $30 for the full-size bottle. If it wasn't so good on both hair and body I don't think I would think it was worth it, but since it does double duty, I'd be willing to fork out the cash.
-Doesn't really lather well- The LUSH website says a little goes a long way, but I have to disagree. I don't have to use TONS, but even as a body wash on a loofah I usually have to add more than what I started with. That said, I am due for a new loofah, so maybe that would make a difference.
-Smell doesn't linger on body. (Maybe this is a pro for you?)
-Can't use on hair everyday, but that's not much of a problem.
Overall, this is an amazing product! I have some other shower gels laying around to use up, but after that, I am DEFINITELY going to buy the full size, probably again and again!
UPDATE 10.31.12- This lathers WAY better in my hair if I rinse and repeat! NO idea why, but it does, I get WAY more bubbles the second time, moreso than with other shampoos. So, I recommend to just use a little bit the first time, to avoid wasting, then rinse/repeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Naughtymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, this stuff smells heavenly! It has such a rich, expensive
smell. I had an Elemis bath and shower gel that was hideously expensive and smelt like a diluted version of this. I apply it right before I get out of the shower and rub it onto my body for 2 minutes and then rinse. The smell is very strong but very luxurious. My boyfriend also uses it - it's a great unisex wash. Smells like something Tom
Ford would bring out but charge 4 times the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by shirleyV

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought a small bottles of this to trial and although I am not raving over it I must say it is really quite good. Firstly the fragrance is strong and like honey and jasmine which I like. The formulation is quite runny and easily lathers, I also used it on my hair and it washed it fine. I would probably only buy a small size for holidays/ travelling and would not use this all the time as there are many cheaper gels which do the same job.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

I used this as a sample size, and the first time I smelled it I was unsure as to whether I liked it or not. It smells really sweet, kind of like honey, but it's a really strange, complex scent. Anyway, I decided I liked it a lot. I probably will buy it eventually, if I ever see it, no idea as to how much it costs, but it was a very sexy, unique scent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shower gel is really nice. Cleans well and not drying, does not leave a residue after like some of the lower end moisturizing shower foam. My skin feels nice after.

The scent however i don't quite like. It smells strongly of Jasmine, not a big fan. But the scent does not last... and that's good.

Go for it if you like Jasmine scented stuff, it is a really good shower gel.

* Update - after a week for so my skin started reacting to this and getting itchy, maybe its the fragrance. I have very sensitive skin when it comes to shower gels and strangely enough, soaps usually don't cause a reaction (except karma, again maybe its the fragrance. Been using rockstar for ages and its fine).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I dont think there is anything wrong with the texture of this but I dont like the smell even though I love other jasmine scented things. Maybe it is the sweetness of it that puts me off. I dont find it elegant enough. I particularly bought this asking for Jasmine, and thats fine, this just is not my cup of tea. I love my Bamford Jasmine soap though. The other thing with this is that when I go swimming and I use this after, the smell of pool water and this combined smells like poo. Yes, it has the same smell of ass which made me to hate Alexander Mac Queen Kingdom fragrance, which my boyfriend loved and he could not detect any ass smell at all. But I cant use it, even how aphrodisiac it is supposed to be.