April 16, 2014 | 1040 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Quickliner for Eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by adinamereuta

This is one of the best pencil liners I've used.I have it in "really black", but other colors are also available. It comes with a smudge tip, quite in handy actually. It really stays in place and doesn't run at the end off the day. i only use it on my upper lid, not below the eye or on my watermark and I'm not good with liquid liners, so not sure how it would work for someone else.
Con: it doesn't retract, so be careful not to twist too much out, as it will dry or break.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Jinstellakwon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the ultimate pencil liner. I've been using this liner for a number of years now and I absolutely love it. With a retractable tip, I never have to carry around a pencil sharpener which makes this product super convenient. Additionally, the pencil itself goes on smooth with no tugging or pulling at the eyes. I normally go for the blackest black liner, but for this product I use the darkest brown. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 5:50:00 AM More reviews by 5starchikita

I like this because I am horrible with Liquid Eyeliners (I even took the time to try to learn, it just wasn't working for me) . I find this incredibly easy to use (more so than even a pencil liner) because it literally just glides on. You could touch up throughout the day, but it's fairly long lasting

One of the few eyeliners that don't smudge and don't involve any pulling or tugging on your eyelids . the twist up mechanism is fabulous! It's retractable which i like alot because you never have to sharpen.I also like the smudging brush on the opposite end if you wanted to quickly change to a smokey eye. Try it!

The only downside is i while using it overseas in Vietnam's in 30+ temperatures i found that if i wore it alone with no eyeshadow it would end up in the crease of my eyelid after awhile. i could not combat this issue by dusting my eyelids with translucent powder. The only thing that stopped it was wearing it with eyeshadow. I dont however have this problem back in NZ so long as i apply powder over it and in the crease of my eyelid.

Comes in six colours (when reviewed), all deep dark smoky numbers and all typical Clinique play-safe options. I tried Intense Plum, a deep purple; Intense Charcoal, a dark smoky grey just a few shades off black; and Intense Ivy, a dark moss green. But to be honest, from far off, you can barely tell that they are all different colours anyway so I do wish Clinique had turned up the colour instead of the black. Intense Charcoal is very similar to Smoke Grey. I think green eyeliners look awesome with brown eyes, so I was disappointed in quite how un-green Intense Ivy looked once it was on. My favourite was Intense Plum, which boasts a gorgeous purple shimmer that isn’t totally lost on the eye

As ever with Clinique, they’re all 100% fragrance-free and stringently dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested, meaning you can be guaranteed a gentle formula that works well

For ease of use and intensity of colour, these Clinique Quickliners are a winner. They’re all in shades perfect for creating dramatic smoky eyes yet just a simple swipe or two makes for a good defined everyday eye too.

Whilst they’re not going to replace my holy grail black eyeliner Revlon colour stay anytime soon, they will definitely be staying in my stash as great options for colour eyeliners.

Would i buy it again? Definitely.

UPDATE : After 1 year im almost at the end of my IVY one so these really have alot in them and will last you ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by rt7022

I love me some Quickliner. I always get in in the darkest brown they have, and it always goes on smooth and stays on. I love that it's not an annoying pencil that you have to sharpen and breaks off. Best liner out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by mis23marie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I freaking love this eyeliner! I have only ever used it in the shade smokey brown, and that is a perfect color for my green eyes. To date I have bought three of these! I know they are about $15, and being a college student not the cheapest product, but I feel the price is worth it. It is a gorgeous grey/brown shade, perfect for just a little definition of the eyes. I hardly ever wear eye shadow, I'm usually just a mascara girl. When I do want a little more for school or evening, I use this. It is not obvious that you're wearing eyeliner, which I don't care for. I also like the smudger, very easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I bought this in dark chocolate and it looks beautiful when I line my blue eyes with it. Very intense color. Very easy to use. I can draw a staright brown line or I can use the smudge stick at the other end to create a smoky eye effect. Stays on all day. I get so many complements. I would prefer if I could resharpen it, but I'm fine with the twist applicator. Great price. I'll definitely repurchase this :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

Usually I love Clinique but this product is more for a person who loves a smokey eye, its not for creating a straight dark line. I got this in black but it looks smokey from the start. I have very sensitive eyes and this doesn't irritate but I would like a darker color.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by MikiKaneohe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this in a black shade (dont remember the exact name) a few years ago, and I was not impressed. I used it up and decided I would not bother purchasing again. It smudged and crept downward and I have plenty of other eyeliners that do that for me. Then, I went to the Clinique counter a few months ago wanting to try a Lid Smoothie and in the process of doing a simple eye look for me with that product, the (very professional, knowledgeable & skilled) SA used a purple Quickliner. I explained that I had very oily eye lids and that eyeliners smudge on me. She explained how I need to use a lighter hand with it and even applied it under my eyes which I avoid because that just gives the "racoon eyes" effect a headstart! I liked the purple a lot and figured I would use the Quickliner on a limited basis because I am no make up professional, so of course when I apply it at home it will smudge and look awful. I walked around all day with my eye makeup applied by a professional and it did not smudge and made my brown eyes look really pretty and my whole look was more "pulled together." I was very surprised that there was not even the slightest smudge or creeping down of the eyeliner when I looked in the mirror as I was preparing to remove all my makeup before bed. The old formula I used to have DID NOT wear like this! I have had no problem making this liner look as nice as when the SA applied it. It is so easy to use and lasts all day on my oily eyelids. It applies fairly smoothly and has got me believing I can wear eyeliners! I even wear it when I go running in 90 F weather and this stuff stays put!! I bought another in a black shade and I absolutely love it. I have had no success with Urban Decay, Smashbox, anything with 'kohl' in the name & Buxom. They all give me the crazy halo of black that settles into the fine lines under my eyes and smudges onto the side of my eyes to drag my eyes downward. Thank goodness I gave Quickliners a second chance. The pencil lasts a long time and has a handy little smudge tip for creating a diffused look. I use this on just my lid not my waterline. I always apply TF Shadow insurance, and sometimes use MAC rubenesque paint pot for extra crisp definition of this eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by amandaeclark

Always one of my faves. It doesn't bleed, the wear is decent and never needs sharpened. It applies very well, doesn't get dry and drag against my lid. On the flip side it is not so creamy that I can't control exact placement. For me, it is an excellent formula, the perfect consistency. I would not try a super thick line with it - this liner is more about subtlety. The color payoff is good, which is why I have several. I wish there were more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Corak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first got into makeup, I gravitated towards liquid eyeliners. But a couple of years later, I learned to appreciate the natural, minimalistic and fresh Parisian kind of look, and started to delve into traditional pencil eyeliners. I tried a few drugstore ones, and could not find a perfect one - the formula all tended to be quite dry and really tugged on my gentle eyelids. I decided to look into better quality high end lines, and looked into Clinique, as they tend to be on the more affordable end of high end makeup. Roast coffee, a natural medium brown, caught my eye. I was impressed to say the least. It is creamy smooth, opaque in color, easy to maneuver, does not smudge, and you can make it as natural as you like. I was sold - and this is HG status for me to this date.