October 25, 2014 | 876 users online

Hair - The Body Shop - Grape seed glossing serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

SO glad i found this product! Truly, why didn't i know about this years ago after spending tons of money on stupid products that promised the world and didn't deliver? This is an amazing serum! Turns your hair to silk the instant it touches it! I put it on after i wash my hair and let it air dry. In the morning i flat iron and then put a little more of this over the surface of my hair. My hair turns to complete shiny silky soft and smooth wonderful amazingness. And stays this way until i wash my hair again even 2 days later! You don't need much product and no it does not turn it greasy even if you put it close to the roots. If your hair is greasy, it's because your hair is greasy. This product does not make it so. Overall, amazing. And i got it at 40% off at the Body Shop. Cost me $7.49 with tax! CANNOT beat that. I'm stocking up for certain because as is always my luck, it'll get discontinued now that i love it. LOL. I'm not crazy about the smell but thank God it dissapears soon as you've applied it. Overall, amazing! RUN and get this quick!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

I tried this serum out after reading so many excellent reviews both on this site and on The Body Shop's site. I am so happy I did! This is really a miracle working serum.

First off it smells amazing. It's a really signature fresh scent unlike any other hair product I've tried. Secondly it really delivers amazing results. My hair is so much smoother, straighter and blow drying it is such a breeze. My hair used to get so knotted up, so frizzy and would bend into weird looking waves so the only fix I could do would be to flat iron it constantly which of course meant that I ended up with tons of heat damage. Thanks to this serum that is all a thing of the past! My hair blow dries perfectly straight so easily. And the cherry on top is that is fairly cheap running in at about $12 with tax in. After the miracle results I've seen with this serum I will NEVER pay for $40+ serums only sold in salons again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by mkha5345

I got this from the body shop for free with another purchase and it is amazing! I put it on right after I shower and it makes my hair SO SOFT!! My hair would usually be coarse and dry after I let it air dry but this product totally remedied that! It's also great for frizzy hair! You can just rub some in your hair if it's frizzy after blow drying or straightening and it keeps the hair nice and sleek! It's also not oily. It feels like it is oily on your hands right after applying but it eventually dries and doesn't feel oily whatsoever! Another thing, my hair used to get really oily and itchy after one day without washing it, but applying this actually weirdly made my hair less oily and more soft! I no longer have to wash my hair everyday to avoid oiliness; going even two days without washing my hair now doesn't make my hair look greasy when it did before I started using the serum. It's seriously a great product and worth the price! I will definitely be buying this once the one I have now runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 4:02:00 AM More reviews by xtinacab

I really like this stuff. I have very dry ends and after I got ombre my hair got worse. I've used tons of serums but most of them made my hair feel oily and a bit sticky. This stuff is very smooth, smells great and goes on well and the packaging is awesome as it pumps out the perfect amount. You can put it on whenever you want and reapply throughout the day if you need to. Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Zenling

I've been using this since 2006, definitely one of the BEST Body Shop products and very well worth buying. I apply to my hair while it's still damp after a wash, and works well even after blow-drying.

Another great thing I learnt from a friend who mistakenly thought this was moisturising oil for the FACE---it can be used on the skin as well!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

This is a great product to use on wet or dry hair. I generally use it to smooth fly-aways on dry hair. It smells great, lasts a very long time (mine lasted about a year with regular use), and works great when I'm on the go in the mornings whether I leave my hair up or down. Only complaint is the pump only reaches about 75% of the way down (as do a LOT of products out there), forcing you to waste about a month's worth of product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by rosateh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It has been years since the last time I bought anything from the body shop. I bought it without reading any reviews and I was pleasantly surprised how amazing this product is. It make my hair shinier and darker and my head feels lighter now. For the past 3years I have been suffering from massive hair fair. Just a touch on my hairs will cause several hairs to fall. I have tried numerous type of shampoos,extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, hair tonic, honey, lemon, etc but to no avail. However, for the past one week I just added several drops of eucalptus oil to my shampoo and omitted using hair conditioner and I just let air dry my hair and then add some of the grape seed glossing serum. Surprising, this works for me and my hair fall is back to normal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hm... So I read in magazine saying that friction from tossing n turning in bed may cause your hair to become weak n break.

Back to topic, I bought this serum cuz it smelt like grape candy, I use it on blow dried hair before bed and the next morning my hair is easy to brush. When I apply this in the morning, it smoothens out any knots and looks shiny. Ok, I doubt hany hair product can make ur hair look as good as a model in a hair commercial, they have lighting n Photoshop for that ;) So, when knots are smoothened, your hair defiantly looks more shiny no? There is one con though, it is kinda hard to wash off, but other than that, a very good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by yummizu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I finally bought it! It retails for 14$ in Canada and I find it is decent price for such a great product. It beats most of the high end serums I've tried before. The smell is very nice it makes me want to reapply this every time I go into my bathroom. However, what is most important - I love how it makes my long hair look so soft, healthy and shiny and it also defines my layers. I'm so happy with this product. Definitely will be repurchasing and recommend to my friends!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by dawnsiow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair is fine and curly. If I don't use the right product it turns into a hot frizzy mess. This transforms frizzy into soft, pretty beach waves. It doesn't leave my hair greasy, and smells quite good. Packaging is functional and it isn't too expensive. Will definitely repurchase :)