April 17, 2014 | 1596 users online

Lip Treatments - Too Faced - Lip Injection

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by neevebabyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i bought the gloss on ebay and i gotta say i'm pretty dissapointed
i got the clear gloss which applies nicely, the smell reminded me of redbull which is yummy and it lasted hours but as for plumping i literally did not see a difference in the size of my lips but man it stings when you put it on! maybe it's because my lips aren't that thin but i would never repurchase this again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this product. The packaging is great, because unlike other glosses it doesn't smear the content on the outside of the tube, and the color is tinted with a subtle pink color. I don't think I would have bought this for full price seeing as lip plumpers feel a bit... gimmicky to me. But I saw this on sale for like half the price and thought "aw, what the hell."

When I first applied it on my lips I noticed that it had a nice feel to it. Not sticky like all the other glosses out there, but you definitely notice it, the smell was pleasant too. But then it became tingly, and then it became uncomfortable, and then it became... well, it burned a bit. I had it on for like 5 minutes, and removed it after that. Smart move, woman, because I could see that my lips had had enough. They were red and felt somewhat sensitive. But the effect? Well, something definitely happened. My already pigmented lips looked enviable snow white red against my pale skin, and the contour around my lips looked more defined. I already have semi full lips, not tin, but not all plump and sensual either, and this stuff clearly made them stand out more. I don't think it plumped my lips like it should have, but it made a difference, so I'll give the product a good 3 just because it did something with my lips.

PSST: Did you know that the lip gloss's plumping properties is thanks to the cinnamon extract...? So you can actually make your own lip plumper by using things like cinnamon extract, ground ginger, cayenne pepper, wintergreen and peppermint oil mixed with an old lip gloss. These ingredients will increase your blood flow and work as a semi irritant that makes the lips swell. Just don't swallow it or something, like lip injection it burns like a b*tch once it hits your throat. Mix and match your favorite concoction until you have found something that works, and transfer the recipe to a lip gloss of higher quality if you'd like. Just remember to be carefull about essential oils, that's some concentrated stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Darlingofequity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought two of these lip plumpers in a sale for 25p each. I had read great reviews about them and was very excited when I found them for 25p when they usually retail between 13-14.50. I have found that on application it smells fantastic, glides on very easily and gives a fantastic colour. After a minute it starts to tingle which I love personally, then it turns your lips red and plumped. Sometimes too red but the instructions state that you should remove it after 5 mins and put something else on. I tried to layer the product but it didn't do anything extra. I only have one complaint and that is you have to be careful when applying make sure its in the right place. Otherwise you could end up with wonky lips!! Other than that for the price I paid I was not expecting miracles yet it works reasonably well. I would recommend this product and I would buy it again however not at the original retail price.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by RT666

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This just didn't work for me - granted I have very thin lips, so I was being overly optimistic. It does sting, and then about 10 minutes later the whole area outside of my lips was red - like I'd been sucking on a raspberry lollipop. Not quite the look I was going for, and I don't have sensitive skin.
It was also $50 from Kit Cosmetics in Australia - expensive mistake.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my very first produict from Too-Faced, I baught in Sephora. It does have a powerfull tingle for about 15 minutes after I apply. I have the large one in a light pink colour, the extreme one and even techno pink.. It's worth it I spent major bucks on it. I'm so used to Urban Decay and Bare Escentuals (Bare Minerals), but I decided to give this lipgloss a try. It does an great job at plumping an dit works. It is a high shine gloss that lats for many hours on end, I was surprised. The smell, scent, taste, and staying power are excellent and phenomenal. It takes several hours to see the results. The lipgloss has a high shine wwitha mirror finish. Lip injection does what it promises. There are many time I put this over lipstick. This is my favorite plumper, the longest lasting, I got my moneys worth, and i think this is one o fthe best plumpers if not the best.....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Eh. Bought this on a whim on a recent vacation and returned it the day I got home. Read some of the reviews on it and the SA at Sephora recommended it over the DuWop, so I figured it was worth a shot. Unfortunate waste of $19. The cinnamon smell and tingle was nice, but it did absolutely nothing to plump my lips, it just made them red (which is terrible in and of itself because red lips are awful on me). I tested it out for the three days I was on vacation and I could just never get over the gluey texture...the formula just made me feel almost dirty because it's so thick and sticky. Just overall not a fan at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Ellenmarieb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have thin lips and this gave a burning feeling in a gloss format. You could rub some hot sauce on your lips and put some gloss over it and achieve the same effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by jerradtrahan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

it does what it says it will do. but i dont find it great for all day application considering the SERIOUS sensation it generates when applyed. i think this makes a good "lip mask" before apply color and gloss. it plumps by aggitation and it does work, but its sticky and best if worn for 10 mins while apply other makeups, then tissued off just before lip color application, follow with a different gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by micaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Slight tingling which I don't mind, makes me feel like the product is working. It really plumps after a minute of application, my lips get flushed pink, and is good out of the door for a casual day. May not purchase again due to small size for the price. Would love to try other brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by lsuchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a product that you have to try to see if it works for you. I reccomend trying it on the store then buy it if it works. I love it! It tingles my lips but its not an "ow!" tingle its a good tingle! My bottom lip look so good as well as my top! It brings out the natural color in your lips but it doesn't look "fake" it is a natural plump. xox ~A