Too Faced Lip Injection

3.1

Mineral Oil, Polyisobutene, Mineral Oil (and) Ethylene/ Propylene/ Styrene Copolymer, (and) Butylene/ Ethylene/ Styrene Copolymer, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Benzyl Nicotinate, Capsicum Fruitescens Extract, Flavor. (+/-): Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) Net Weight: 4.5 g/ 0.16 Oz Country of Origin: USA Lip Injection Techno Ingredients: Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Mineral Oil (and) Ethylene/ Propylene/ Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene/ Ethylene/ Styrene Copolymer, Mica, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Benzyl Nicotinate, Capsicum Frutescens Extract, Flavor( Aroma). (+/-): Red 6 lake (CI 15850:2), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

This is my ultimate plumping lip gloss and possibly one of my favourite products of all time. I used it when i was pretty unhappy with how my lips werent particularly plumped! I used this and after a quite uncomfortable tingle (beauty is pain!) i had amazing plumped lips, the only downfall to this product is your lips get very red which makes it hard to put a lipstick etc over it without still having a red undertone but this is amazing. Like i said though if you can't handle a bit of uncomfortable stinging for beautiful lips, i wouldnt recommend this to you.

on 4/30/2013 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I use this once in a while when i'm going out. It works for me; gives my lips a little bit of plump, makes them slightly red, and lasts for quite a while!
This plumper has a kinda sweet mint candy smell. Not too strong.
I usually apply, let it do it's magic, remove, and then put on a lipstick or gloss.
Be careful not to get this outside of your lips, it will make your skin red and make your lips look chapped!

on 4/25/2013 9:37:00 PM

Bottom Line: This worked for me. It definitely plumped my lips, and I have pretty full lips as it is. Of course, that also means you have to put up with the unpleasant stinging sensation. If you can hold out for the 2-3 minutes for it to go away, though, it gives great results. The kind I have (which is the one pictured) is just a clear gloss. It's a little pricey though, and of course there's some discomfort involved, so I wouldn't use it every day or anything. This is more of a special occasion, I-wanna-look-sexy-tonight kind of product for me. For that, it's great-but definitely not an everyday item. It's a decent value for the amount of product you get, too. Plus, the packaging is nice. That's always a sweet bonus!

on 4/7/2013 1:15:00 PM

I'd heard good things about this brand for lip plumping so when I found this in TKmaxx for 5.99 GBP I went ahead and tried it. I hadn't tried a gloss lip plumper before and to be honest I don't think I would now be interested in trying one again. I'm not really a gloss person anyway, as I find it far too sticky, awkward for eating and kissing etc. I don't find the effect to be that great for the damage it ultimately does to your lips (see reviewer's below explanation). This isn't for long term use. As a skincare fanatic I think I'll just stick to what is good for my lips.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hello Ladies... Please be cautioned about using lip plumpers!!!

ESP. this one. For years, I swore by this product & it's sister product Too Faced Lip Injection EXTREME. I never really had big lips my whole life so this was awesome. When I first tried it, I was hooked. I got that a poofy pout that I'd never had before. So I used it for a long time as long as I could afford it.. What it does is that there are actually extracts from peppers in it. The ingredient is Capsicum Frutescens Resin... which comes from Capsaicin, the chemical in peppers that makes them spicy!!

These extracts will widen the blood vessels in the lips and therefore stimulating blood flow (which explain the stinging sensation.) It will cause a mild INFLAMMATORY response to the Capsicum Frutescens Resin. Yes... I said INFLAMMATION, like the kind you get when you eat something you are allergic to. This is why the lips do get plump and luscious. So yes... it does do the job it sets out to do.... BUT THERE IS A PRICE.

As with any inflammatory reaction, the body will of course try to negate that through healing. (ON A SIDE NOTE, during allergy season this plumper would not work as well, and I couldn't figure out why. It's because of the ANTI-INFLAMMATORIES in the meds.) Anyways... moving on... The body is an incredible, well-oiled machine and it will repair the slight "damage" cause by the reactant (Capsicum Frutescens Resin). When used repeatedly over time, your lips will lose it's own volume and you will need to use it more and more. This is because your body will just continue to heal inflamed blood vessels over and over. Just like a scab that keeps getting picked, the skin will get worse and worse until there is a scar. After using this for a few years, (and being too vain about my lips to figure it out,) my lips were thin, lifeless, and even lost some if it's natural pink luster. They became darker due to the microscopic damage in my lips. It's taken 2 years for my lips to finally look normal.

Like I said earlier, just use caution when using this. If you use it all the time... then you will cause a lot of damage. This product DOES work... almost too well. But just like how anything in life sounds too good to be true, just think about the long-term effects.

I would reccomend this lip plumper only be used for very special occasions. Like very special... but remember to exfoliate, moisturize and give your lips some tender-loving care the week after. Also, if you are wearing it, don't forget you are! Because your boyfriend won't like it when you kiss him and his lips start stinging!!!! lol!

on 1/29/2013 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i bought the gloss on ebay and i gotta say i'm pretty dissapointed
i got the clear gloss which applies nicely, the smell reminded me of redbull which is yummy and it lasted hours but as for plumping i literally did not see a difference in the size of my lips but man it stings when you put it on! maybe it's because my lips aren't that thin but i would never repurchase this again

on 10/23/2012 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on the fence about this product. The packaging is great, because unlike other glosses it doesn't smear the content on the outside of the tube, and the color is tinted with a subtle pink color. I don't think I would have bought this for full price seeing as lip plumpers feel a bit... gimmicky to me. But I saw this on sale for like half the price and thought "aw, what the hell."

When I first applied it on my lips I noticed that it had a nice feel to it. Not sticky like all the other glosses out there, but you definitely notice it, the smell was pleasant too. But then it became tingly, and then it became uncomfortable, and then it became... well, it burned a bit. I had it on for like 5 minutes, and removed it after that. Smart move, woman, because I could see that my lips had had enough. They were red and felt somewhat sensitive. But the effect? Well, something definitely happened. My already pigmented lips looked enviable snow white red against my pale skin, and the contour around my lips looked more defined. I already have semi full lips, not tin, but not all plump and sensual either, and this stuff clearly made them stand out more. I don't think it plumped my lips like it should have, but it made a difference, so I'll give the product a good 3 just because it did something with my lips.

PSST: Did you know that the lip gloss's plumping properties is thanks to the cinnamon extract...? So you can actually make your own lip plumper by using things like cinnamon extract, ground ginger, cayenne pepper, wintergreen and peppermint oil mixed with an old lip gloss. These ingredients will increase your blood flow and work as a semi irritant that makes the lips swell. Just don't swallow it or something, like lip injection it burns like a b*tch once it hits your throat. Mix and match your favorite concoction until you have found something that works, and transfer the recipe to a lip gloss of higher quality if you'd like. Just remember to be carefull about essential oils, that's some concentrated stuff.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought two of these lip plumpers in a sale for 25p each. I had read great reviews about them and was very excited when I found them for 25p when they usually retail between 13-14.50. I have found that on application it smells fantastic, glides on very easily and gives a fantastic colour. After a minute it starts to tingle which I love personally, then it turns your lips red and plumped. Sometimes too red but the instructions state that you should remove it after 5 mins and put something else on. I tried to layer the product but it didn't do anything extra. I only have one complaint and that is you have to be careful when applying make sure its in the right place. Otherwise you could end up with wonky lips!! Other than that for the price I paid I was not expecting miracles yet it works reasonably well. I would recommend this product and I would buy it again however not at the original retail price.

on 7/9/2012 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This just didn't work for me - granted I have very thin lips, so I was being overly optimistic. It does sting, and then about 10 minutes later the whole area outside of my lips was red - like I'd been sucking on a raspberry lollipop. Not quite the look I was going for, and I don't have sensitive skin.
It was also $50 from Kit Cosmetics in Australia - expensive mistake.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my very first produict from Too-Faced, I baught in Sephora. It does have a powerfull tingle for about 15 minutes after I apply. I have the large one in a light pink colour, the extreme one and even techno pink.. It's worth it I spent major bucks on it. I'm so used to Urban Decay and Bare Escentuals (Bare Minerals), but I decided to give this lipgloss a try. It does an great job at plumping an dit works. It is a high shine gloss that lats for many hours on end, I was surprised. The smell, scent, taste, and staying power are excellent and phenomenal. It takes several hours to see the results. The lipgloss has a high shine wwitha mirror finish. Lip injection does what it promises. There are many time I put this over lipstick. This is my favorite plumper, the longest lasting, I got my moneys worth, and i think this is one o fthe best plumpers if not the best.....

Popular Lip Treatments