October 23, 2014 | 1196 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Pure Poison

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 9:51:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

I absolutely love this perfume! But then again, perfume is a matter of body chemistry and personal preference. I don't wear perfume to work, as it is not professional in my field. So, when I do wear perfume, it is for when I want to go out.

I think this perfume caters to a population of woman who can pull off strong floral and oriental perfumes. This is not for the faint of heart. The negative reviews probably come from those that prefer a different genre of perfumes. This is not sweet like Prada Candy. Or classy like Chanel No 5. Or light misted like VS body spray. Or geared toward the younger population like Juicy Couture.

Another thing, this does not smell like the other Dior poison perfumes. So, test it out and see what you like. Otherwise, despite some of the reviews below, I get plenty of compliments from both men and women. Just goes to show that to each, their own. This perfume lasts for a long time. You don't need to spray much of it. And the bottle looks absolutely gorgeous on my vanity.

Dior Pure Poison is definitely SEXY. It has jasmine, amber, and white florals that give it a musky smell. Men tend to go crazy for the musk and sandalwood in it. This is the perfect date night perfume, more so in the fall and winter time.

I most likely will not repurchase, as I have the larger bottle. And it will take me a while to get through it. By that time, I am sure there will be something new. But definitely recommended! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by hotrocketship

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not a white floral for pussies. It's lush and POWERFULLY STRONG. I wear white florals very well-but if I applied this incautiously I could probably clear a room. I put that I would buy this again, because it's gorgeous, BUT I also think it would take years to finish off a bottle. On me, it's lush and clean but not in a green way-at all-it's just a screaming honker of a scent singing loudly and joyously but without swear words. Nothing skanky or indolic. It makes me feel very feminine and somewhat potent. My sister sniffed my arm and got gardenias. I just got happy. Definitely give it a try if you do Dior or white floral frags!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Metronomic

this fragance is so fresh and elegant, floral but not to sweet, perfect for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

This is such a lovely scent. Very floral and in your face, but not too strong! I've always been a fan of scents like this, it reminds me a lot of Couture Couture which I also love. I haven't smelled all of the other Poison's but this is, so far, my favourite one. Recommend =)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by ScentingSarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pure Poison is my regular 'go to' fragrance for those cooler months! For me, it's gorgeous, long lasting scent works well in those autumn/wintery days! Maybe that's due to being slightly 'heavier' than my light floral/fruity summery scents - yet in saying that, i will wear it out on a date anytime of the year. Pure Poison makes me feel sexy and mysterious and longed for. I always get asked what perfume I have in when wearing it! I love it, and will continue to buy this perfume as one of my Favourite Winter Scents!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by MariaEffy

It starts out very sweet, with various citrus and green notes. The scent then begins to fade into a nice white floral, as there is gardenia, jasmine and orange blossoms. As the sweetness fades, what you get is a nice powder like blend which is the amber, musk and sandalwood. This is not something I would reach for on a daily basis, but I still like it when I want something different.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Maybitters

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the first designer perfume I ever bought and I have continued to repurchase it over the years. It is a very sexy smelling scent. Definately my favourite perfumes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

I've had the small bottle of this for a good 4-5 years and i still haven't finished because i don't reach for it very often. It actually works with my body chemistry, but it feels a little too sultry for school and now university. It lacks the crispness (usually from some citrus/floral that i tend to like) that i usually go for in the day time so i only use it occasionally during night time. It does last a long time on the skin though, and the scent doesn't change too much from the intial spritz on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by mricci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Too indolic for me. I prefer Hypnotic Poison.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by mzhotniz86