Dior Pure Poison

3.7

on 12/21/2013 6:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

It's simply a watered down floral-nothing like it's character infused older brother-Poison. *sighs*I'm disappointed!

on 9/6/2013 9:44:00 AM

This is my first encounter with a big flowery fragrances that I actually love.
Previously my high rotation consisted of fragrances like Molecule 01 by escentric molecules, Eau des Baux by L' Occitane, and other woody orientals. I also love a bit of musky skank, i.e. L' Air de Rien by Miller Harris and Muscs Koublai Khan by Serge Lutens.

I also used to steer clear of "clean" smelling fragrances, and this one has both the big flowers I avoided for so long, and a certain soapiness to it.

I'm afraid I fall short in the notes dissecting department, I leave that to others who can do a much better job than me, but who knows, you might be a woody gal who likes her skank, and find your entrance to the big flower notes in fragrances by this soapy, a bit stand offish, and at the same time rather sexy smell.

Go easy on the trigger, it has plenty sillage!

on 8/1/2013 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is the only fragrance I have ever been able to call my signature fragrance. I am absolutely in love with this perfume.

I don't even know how to explain Pure Poison, and honestly it is so complex that it sort of smells different each time I wear it. Sometimes it is very floral, sometimes it is very warm and sensual and spicy, sometimes I can detect the orange notes. This scent always seems to play perfectly with my body chemistry. It changes over time, and it is never a one dimensional fragrance.

I get so many compliments on this fragrance, and I love that when I tell people what it is, a lot of times they haven't even heard of it. It's not J'adore, it's not miss dior. I feel like this fragrance is my well kept secret-- that I found it as a signature scent before anyone else.

Since it is such a warm fragrance, and a strong white floral, I agree that it definitely is better in the cooler weather. I have worn it during the summer, I just apply it more lightly. Most warmer days though, I go out with just a lotion, and not really any fragrance.

In the winter though, this is *my smell*. I even spray all of my jackets with it, so the scent follows me everywhere I go. People are always complimenting how good I smell, and asking what I am wearing.

I love when I walk past my dh and he takes a big whif and goes "ooooo thats your scent!" lol.

My favorite thing about Pure Poison is that it is the one fragrance I have found that just isn't dupable. I think it's because of how complex of a fragrance it is.

Whenever I smell another perfume I always get so underwhelmed because all I can think is "I smelled this before..." or "this just smells like perfume..". I have *never* smelled anything else that smells like Pure Poison.

I have owned so many perfumes, and not only is pure poison the only one I have repurchased (I haven't been without this perfume since 2007), but it's actually the *only* perfume I ever finished the whole bottle of.

I don't think I will ever not own this scent.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is not a white floral for pussies. It's lush and POWERFULLY STRONG. I wear white florals very well-but if I applied this incautiously I could probably clear a room. I put that I would buy this again, because it's gorgeous, BUT I also think it would take years to finish off a bottle. On me, it's lush and clean but not in a green way-at all-it's just a screaming honker of a scent singing loudly and joyously but without swear words. Nothing skanky or indolic. It makes me feel very feminine and somewhat potent. My sister sniffed my arm and got gardenias. I just got happy. Definitely give it a try if you do Dior or white floral frags!

on 4/17/2013 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this fragance is so fresh and elegant, floral but not to sweet, perfect for everyday use.

on 3/25/2013 10:40:00 PM

This is such a lovely scent. Very floral and in your face, but not too strong! I've always been a fan of scents like this, it reminds me a lot of Couture Couture which I also love. I haven't smelled all of the other Poison's but this is, so far, my favourite one. Recommend =)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Pure Poison is my regular 'go to' fragrance for those cooler months! For me, it's gorgeous, long lasting scent works well in those autumn/wintery days! Maybe that's due to being slightly 'heavier' than my light floral/fruity summery scents - yet in saying that, i will wear it out on a date anytime of the year. Pure Poison makes me feel sexy and mysterious and longed for. I always get asked what perfume I have in when wearing it! I love it, and will continue to buy this perfume as one of my Favourite Winter Scents!!

on 12/31/2012 7:21:00 PM

It starts out very sweet, with various citrus and green notes. The scent then begins to fade into a nice white floral, as there is gardenia, jasmine and orange blossoms. As the sweetness fades, what you get is a nice powder like blend which is the amber, musk and sandalwood. This is not something I would reach for on a daily basis, but I still like it when I want something different.

on 12/2/2012 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was the first designer perfume I ever bought and I have continued to repurchase it over the years. It is a very sexy smelling scent. Definately my favourite perfumes

on 9/23/2012 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I've had the small bottle of this for a good 4-5 years and i still haven't finished because i don't reach for it very often. It actually works with my body chemistry, but it feels a little too sultry for school and now university. It lacks the crispness (usually from some citrus/floral that i tend to like) that i usually go for in the day time so i only use it occasionally during night time. It does last a long time on the skin though, and the scent doesn't change too much from the intial spritz on my skin.

Popular Fragrances