September 18, 2014 | 1376 users online

Eye Shadow - Stila - Puppy Eyeshadow

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2006 7:53:00 PM More reviews by kohan836

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You really can't go wrong with this eyeshadow! I was looking for the perfect neutral, natural crease colour for a "no make-up" look. Tried Bobbi Brown's Taupe shadow which was highly rated here, but this was too light for my NC40 Asian skin and barely showed. I ordered Puppy sight unseen and was thrilled that it is just the perfect natural crease shade for me. On the downside, i do find that Stila's matte eyeshadows tend to crease on my oily skin, so I need to wear this over a base or primer (I use Maybelline Liquid Eyes in Peach - cheaper and better than MAC Paints!!). Would probably repurchase as it's otherwise the perfect colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2006 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Woolfie

I got this for my brows on the recommendation of a visiting Stila makeup artist. I'm naturally VERY fair with honey colored hair - ultimately yellow undertones, but practically neutral. At the time I was dying my hair a very cool red and was never happy with anything for my brows. There's actually just a bit of red in puppy that makes it great for brows for redheads.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2006 10:59:00 PM More reviews by ali78

Another great neutral by Stila. A matte light beige brown. I use it as a base/wash for any eyeshadow. Also great to play down the shimmer in other shadows like Kitten and Starlight. Great quality, pigmentation and texture.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2006 12:53:00 PM More reviews by CWHF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The texture and blendability of this shadow is top notch as with all Stila shadows. The color, kind of a light to medium matte beige just didn't work with my coloring (GGG-DDD NC43) and looked ashy and blah. I couldn't get it to work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2005 7:05:00 AM More reviews by tealeafdoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Lovely,simple colour. Great for natural make-up days. Love this eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2005 5:19:00 PM More reviews by arishayla

I have bought this color over and over again. Its a nice light brown. Great to wear when you don't want a lot of color but want just a light flush of color on your lid. Puppy is one of those colors that there is nothing spectacular about cuz its just a brown -- its just a great basic color. I wear it alot on the weekends when I don't want to fuss with my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2005 12:19:00 PM More reviews by joodles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love my Puppy! Puppy is a light beige brown that blends easily and lasts all day without creasing. When applied with a dry brush, the look is natural but better. To add intensity, I use a wet brush and apply 2-3 layers of shadow without letting the shadow dry in between layers. The resulting shade is probably a shade or two darker but still doesn't make me look like I have a ton of shadow on. Puppy also works as a crease color if you're using light shadow colors. Would repurchase in a heartbeat, unfortunately the packaging is very cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2005 10:31:00 AM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

No one does neutrals like Stila. Although the colors might not be as exciting as MAC's or UD, they always give a pretty and polished look. Puppy is a lovely medium matte brown that glides on and has impressive staying power. This is a great "Look at my eyes, not my eye shadow" shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2005 12:20:00 PM More reviews by blissgirl

I have to admit that I couldn't pass this up - mainly because of the name. But it is a great neutral for the office or to wear with brighter colors. It can look a little muddy on my PPP skin if I apply too much - so I apply this sheerly - and I try to keep it either close to my eye or just on the browbone (depending on the look I am going for). It isn't as silky or as easy to apply as Stila's shimmery shadows, but it's a nice matte light/medium-brown. A cute color for a puppy :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2004 11:25:00 AM More reviews by bulbataras

Great every day brown, with just a bit of shimmer to it. Looks lovely on all types of comlexions and has a great lasting power. Could be cool for some, so if you want a warmer brown, try toffee.