Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

I have a very choppy, pixie cut; and I was looking for something besides pomade to give some distinction in my hair. I think this product really worked. Gave quite a bit of volume and was great if i wanted to tease it, so it provides for an excellent base. I wouldn't use it for long hair, though.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I used this on my short, choppy, edgy, layered hair. Maybe its name is accurate, because it made my hair feel like gum. I love Garnier, but this was a really disappointing product. It made my hair feel and look sticky and gross.

I'm always on the hunt for a good hairstyling product, although I'm never sure exactly what I'm looking for. I have shoulder length hair that is slightly wavy, VERY thick but with thin strands. Anyway, I had a coupon for a Fructis product and saw this. Between this, the surf hair, and some other product in a similar jar, I randomly picked this one. As you've read in other reviews, this is probably ideal for short cuts that you can really play around with. This stuff didn't provide any sort of hold or definition that I could tell, but I'll tell you what it did do... When i wanted to style my hair just after blowdrying it when it's all clean and limp - it instantly gives you that ideal "second day hair". It gives you volume, and it gives you some traction to get your hair to actually do what you want it to. So while this isn't some HG hair product for me, it's definitely useful. It's fun, smells great, and is relatively inexpensive - I'll more than likely repurchase.

On a side note, there's a slight possibility it's breaking out my already acne-prone skin. I'm going to experiment a little bit and update if that ends up being the case. I hope it's not...

I have a razored, choppy, messy pixie cut - think Rihanna's current cut - with angled bangs. My hair is very fine, but I have a lot of it. My stylist used this on me and I really like it. It makes my hair look messy without being crunchy or spiky. And unlike a lot of products used at salons, it's totally affordable!

I don't know if I'd use this on longer hair - I think it would have been too heavy when I had long hair. But on a short choppy cut, it's perfect.

i thought it worked good. but i have used better products like this. that is why i am not re-buying this

I like this product quite a bit. I have BSL fine and thin naturally curly hair. I wear my hair in various ways - straight, curly, and wavy. I like to put some of this in wet hair and twist into a bun, then air dry, to get nice waves. It also works well for slicking back parts of my hair close to my face, areas that tend to frizz out or stick out at odd angles. It does make my hair hard and crunchy, but I can easily scrunch or brush that out when hair is dry. I've also tried a bit of this on dry hair to tame frizz and to straighten. The trick is to not use much. It's got the same smell as other Garnier styling products, which I like. Nice little drugstore find.

My hair is really straight and thick naturally. I have a short cut with lots of layers and bangs.
This stuff was awful with my hair. It was difficult to work with and once I finally got it into a somewhat manageable consistency, it did NOTHING for my hair. No hold, no texture...nothing. I returned it the day after I bought it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I used this on my 9 year old son's hair. He has fine, short hair. It did nothing for him. It left his hair greasy and limp. You know it's bad when a 9 year old won't use it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Worthless garbage just like all supposed holding products I've tried. I have very fine and thin straight hair (think toddler's hair on an adult head) and when I wear my hair down, rather than frame my face, it hangs all stringy in my eyes (I use a thickening/root volumizing mousse and hair gel combo just to get it like that) so I wanted to find a product that I could use to keep my hair out of my eyes and give it some sort of volume.
I have tried tons of products and nothing works..same thing happens each time. Since my hair is so thin, even the smallest amount of anything makes it look wet and greasy and then within an hour, the product is just gone. It sort of absorbs into my hair or something..it's as if it never was applied in the 1st place. Hairspray. Hair gel. Molding glue. Whatever and this product was no different.
I took a little and rubbed it onto my fingers and then sort of just ran my fingers through my hair in the front on the left and then the right stopping a few inches down. I just wanted volume and for my hair to stay where I put it in the front. I then blew dry on the cool setting to set it and immediately I was not impressed. It hardly did anything except make my hair look wet/greasy and within an hour my hair kept falling back into my eyes..hanging limp and so I looked in the mirror and sure enough that minimal poof I got was completely gone. I can't even feel the product on my hair..it's gone.
I can see this product working if you have actual thick, nice hair but if you have thin hair, it's garbage. Then again, if you have thick, nice hair, basically any hair product will work sculpting wise.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this in a pinch when I ran out of Sebastian Moulding Mud. It definitely was not what was expected. Even a very little bit makes me hair feel like it was styled with bacon grease. It stayed sticky in most spots and where it wasn't sticky, it was stiff and unpleasant to the touch. I have longer hair so I think that this stuff is more for shorter hair styles - at least when hair isn't going to touch your face, neck or shoulders.

The nice thing is that Garnier Fructis products are very reasonable priced so I wasn't out a ton of cash. I did save the tub, though, as it is great for packaging small amounts of hair gel for traveling.

Popular Styling Products