Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/20/2015 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

FYI: Urban Decay's primer potion has a drug store dupe, and it's only $1! E.L.F.'s eyelid primer (the one with the black cap) is an EXACT replica of UD's primer potion. I tested one primer on each eye just to see for myself, and there was absolutely no difference in the consistency of the primer, and the best part was that E.L.F. kept my eye shadow in place just as well as UD. E.LF. Is giving them a run for their money in terms of quality. Yes, UD has the cute packaging and fancy name, but is it worth all the extra money? Not in my humble opinion. I gave it 3 lippies because it does work like it's supposed to.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Nars Pro Prime eyeshadow primer is much, much better. If you do not have oily eyelids at all this will work and perform well but it is not outstanding by any means.

on 2/18/2015 4:14:00 PM

I have to say not impressed, i find it to be running. I'll stick with my Trish McEvoy'Eye Base Essentials' Brightening Eyeshadow Primer, that is the best eye show primer I've ever used.

on 2/17/2015 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this eyeshadow primer! It does its job. It keeps your eyeshadow on all day, with no creasing, or smudging. The only downside is that it is of course a little expensive since it is urban decay, but I just buy the deluxe sample size from Sephora for $10 and it lasts me quite a while.

on 2/16/2015 5:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm so glad the lady at Sephora told me about this when I bought Naked2. I love this primer. I don't have to worry about my eyeshadow creasing or fading anymore.

on 2/16/2015 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The sales clerk at Sephora told me I would wish I had bought the large size rather than the smaller. She was right! Goes on silky, does not get too sticky to blend eyeshadow, and lasts all day even with my oily lids. I just wish Urban decay and so many other cosmetic companies would quit using suggestive names for their products. If I can find an alternative to this by a company that doesn't do that, I will. EDIT 2/18/15 - Sigh. Burns my sensitive eyes. Back to the drawing board;

on 2/16/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE this primer!!! It holds your eye makeup perfectly in place ALL DAY!!! I have used the anti aging version as well and it's also excellent, but I feel this one has longer lasting results. I can get 12+ hours with NO creasing, and my eyelids are super oily! This is an absolute staple and I highly recommend it!!! 😃

My go to for every time i apply any eye shadow, this primer has always been perfect for any look i'm trying to achieve. It goes on smooth and always makes my shadows stand out and stay on all day or night.

on 2/15/2015 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yes it definitely keeps shadows in place and extends wear time, but I haven't noticed it make eyeshadow pigments more vibrant. I totally agree that this is a great primer for oily lids. I don't usually have oily lids though, so it can be overkill, even drying at times. I can also see how it can be irritating as I don't have terribly sensitive eyes but can still experience patchy skin and redness when removing it. It's not all the time for me, but still something to consider. This is the main reason it's not my daily go to, but it is in my overnight bag so gets frequent use. The packaging is attractive and I love UD, but there are some very worthy primers out there that perform just as well without irritation. Being such an iconic product I'm still going to recommend this to people with oily lids and aren't too sensitive, but probably won't repurchase myself as Lorac, Too faced and MAC all have options I find more agreeable to my own lids.

on 2/12/2015 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Initially was very impressed with this primer; it glided on nicely and kept eyeshadow in place. However it soon started to make my eyelids very red, sore and itchy. The skin on my lids changed texture too and looked tough and papery. Stopped using the primer and my eyes are clearing up. I have never had a reaction to any product before and it is a pity that I had a reaction to this as I did like it. However there is clearly something in this primer that doesn't suit my skin. I thought the price was very good for the size of the tube.

Video Reviews & Tutorials