Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I got this at Nordstrom rack for $10. A full sized squeeze tube though they had travel sizes for $5. It's better then the old genie tube I got as a sample but didn't like the dipping in and out. Now the packaging is amazing. Product seems great too.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I used to love UDPP. I couldn't go a day without it. It made my shadow and liner last all day and not budge no matter what the temperature. I stood under the water at Niagara Falls, and it was remarked how my eyeshadow was still perfect.

Then the formula changed. The new formula is thin, greasy, and doesn't work at all. If you can find the original packaging (tapered hard bottle with a straight applicator brush) or the packaging before the new changes (squeeze tube, pinpoint tip with NO applicator), give it a try. I need to hunt down some on ebay or something because that was the formula that was perfect. Stay away from the new formula (packaged in a squeeze tube with a jewel-topped angled applicator), as it's not the formula that works and costs way too much for the amount you're given.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is the first eye primer I've ever used and it works so brilliantly I can't imagine ever being without it again.
I have dry skin, but oily eyelids and shadow and liner would disappear by the end of a work day, but with the UD primer everything stays as fresh as when I first applied it.
The product is applied with a doe foot wand and is a flesh-coloured lotion/cream that you pat into your lids and allow to dry before applying eye colour. It doesn't feel tacky or heavy; in fact you can't feel it at all. Powder, cream and liquid colours all go on smoothly and stay in place. I'm so impressed by this product. I just wish I could find a face primer that worked as well.

Believe the hype about this product. Just a little bit will help your eyeshadow and eyeliner stick all day without creasing. I know the price is a little steep for a lot of people, but this stuff lasts a long time. I use it everyday and I can usually get a tube to last a year, if not longer.

I love love love this BUT my eye (which never have reached to anything, ever) because bery irritated, dry, flaky, and scaly, especially in the crease, after I started using this. I'm so bummed. I haven't 100% proven that UD EPP, is the cause of my issu, but it only started when I stared using this product.

This is one of my favorite eyeshadow primers. The consistency is amazing, creamy & sort of thick so you don't need to use much. It holds my eyeshadow in place all day & never creases.

I'm using the HD Eyeshadow Base by NYX now bc it's a close comp & in my price range, but I do miss this primer. If you have the extra $$ it's definitely a great choice.

Doesn't seem to work for me, my eye shadow didn't last without creasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great if you get oily lids and want your shadow to last all day, smooth consistency that is easy to blend. I've done completely matte eye looks and have come back 5+ hours later and there is no creasing and the shadow is still completely matte.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Adore the consistency and the hold it offers even with shadows that are not well pigmented...
Please visit my new blog

My HG eye primer! I absolutely love this eye primer. I got a small tube of this primer along with the Ammo palette and it has completely changed my eye routine. It has a thick, creamy consistency, you only need a small amount on each lid. It makes my eyeshadows blend beautifully and stay on a day and night! It especially works perfectly with Urban Decay eyeshadows, makes them look so intense. I used to use E.L.F eyelid primer which was fine however if you have extra cash to spare, I highly recommend this one.

Video Reviews & Tutorials