September 19, 2014 | 1896 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Seanik

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by abazapa13

I really wanted to like this shampoo. It was a good price and lasts for a long time and is convenient for travel but the main ingredient is sodium lauryl sulfate and after 2 weeks of using and loving the shampoo, my scalp started to get very dry and itchy and started flaking really bad. At first I thought it was the season change and dryer air that made my scalp so dry but I experiment with my other sulfate free shampoo and my scalp went back to normal. I tried the shampoo bar again and my scalp was incredibly dry and flaky again. Im willing to try the shampoo again if the main ingredient isn't such a harsh sulfate.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by camlynare

I was really eager to try this after reading so many great reviews on it but sadly, i was disappointed. This shampoo is incredibly drying even on my oily scalp. It gave some volume to my hair but not much. It does have a nice fresh scent to it though!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Zelmora

I find shampoo bars an awesome idea however, after using this for almost 4 months (still have some left!) I think i need to get another type of bar from Lush. Mind you this does what it's supposed to do - it has sea salt in it to give your hair volume and is probably good for oily hair, but it's pretty drying and that doesn't help if you have the occasional itchy scalp and such. Other than that it's a very nice product, lathers up well, has a nice smell, lasts for ages, it's a nice shampoo to use if you have dreads too cause it has no conditioning agent whatsoever in it. It's always nice to support Lush, with their eco-friendly packaging, natural ingredients and the fact that they don't test on animals, too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I'm a huge fan of LUSH's solid shampoos, and this one is no exception! I have fine, bleached hair that is oily at the roots and more dry towards the ends. It's so hard for me to find shampoos that control my oil for an entire day without making my ends look like straw. Luckily, Seanik does just that! After using this, my hair feels super clean but not stripped in any way, and with a little conditioner at my ends my hair feels soft, bouncy, and most importantly not at all greasy!
I used to be really skeptical of shampoo bars, but they work just as well as liquid shampoo. I just wet my hair, wet the bar, swipe it down the length of my hair about 6 times (I have longer hair, if yours is short you can use less), lather, and rinse. This stuff lathers up so well and it rinses out clean. I hate when shampoos leave residue in your hair, so thankfully Seanik doesn't. The smell is great -- it smells really fresh and clean and a little salty, it really reminds me of the ocean. The smell really doesn't linger in your hair, which can be good or bad, depending on what you want. I personally wish the smell did linger, but oh well. I was worried that the little bits of seaweed would tangle up in my hair, but I never had an issue. A bar of this will last me about 3 months of everyday use, and considering this is only a little over $10, I think that's an awesome value. Just make sure to store it in a soap dish away from the stream of the shower, otherwise it will get kind of gooey if it never dries fully.
If you have oily hair, check this out! You may become a shampoo bar convert like me. :) (Also try Jumping Juniper and New! if you have oily hair...those work super well too!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I really wanted to love this shampoo. It smells so fresh and clean, lathered great, and left no build up, BUT...it was super drying and dulled my hair to the point of no shine. My usually silky feeling hair feels a bit more brittle since using this stuff. It also loses its circular shape and turns into a congealed ball of gel with seaweed bits in it. I'm not sure if that's normal or if I just got a bad one, but I was unfortunately not impressed with this stuff. I'm open to trying other Lush shampoos, but I sadly won't be repurchasing this stuff again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by absolia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great basic shampoo to keep on hand. I use it whenever I feel product build-up and in my last shampoo before re-dyeing my hair [since it has salt and will pull the dye out, beware!]. It lathers soo easily and richly. It keeps my hair looking good for a lot longer than most shampoos.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

It's almost a solid version of big shampoo. Lathers very well and really give you a good clean. Smells kinda sea weedy. It can be drying tho so bring a good conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Gardengrenade

I've become a bit of a LUSH fanatic lately and I've been eyeing these up a bit. After spending a fair bit of time in there I finally just went for it with the help of a saleswoman and picked this one up. I was a bit nervous because a bar shampoo seems a bit nutty to me, but I do like the idea. I picked this one out because my hair tends to get greasy by the end of the day and I've gone a little colour crazy over the past years so my hair is quite dry and damaged. The big chunks of seaweed freaked me out to be honest, but alas. I'm pretty darn happy with my choice. I was pretty excited when I used it the first time. Like many other LUSH products, a little goes a long way. I used way too much the first time, rubbing it all over my head. You only need to do a quick scrub of it in a few places and it lathers up super well! I, personally love the smell. I don't at all think its over powering. I wish the smell lingered a bit more after use, but that's okay. I noticed after my hair dried there was some volume to it that I normally seem to lack and my hair was SO soft. I did follow up with conditioner on my ends in the shower, but I honestly think this product made a huge difference after one use. The one thing I don't like about it though is trying to store it after use. I'm a bit unsure as to go about drying it out enough so it doesn't turn to mush. I bought one of their little tins but its so hard to open in the shower so I might get something else. I think I need to keep it out to dry a bit before I store it for next time. I'll defiantly go for this one again though. Very happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by 1432

Seanik is one of the best shampoos I've ever tried. It lathers like crazy, just as good as liquid shampoo. I don't mind the scent and I don't really know how to describe the scent. I'm not sure about the volumizing part but my hair is already naturally volumized. the seaweed does help condition a bit but I still need to follow up with conditioner. One thing about the product I don't like is the packaging. It doesn't come with any packaging so you have to use a little Tupperware or buy the tin which I don't suggest getting. The tin is very hard to open, especially if your hands are wet and slippery. You should always let this product dry completely or you'll end up with a blue pile of mush and most of it will have melted away, resulting in wasted product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by gdtbsmcr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Seanik is one of the best shampoos I've ever used, hands down. I'm a bit of a Lush fanatic and I LOVE that they offer solid shampoos. Seanik, being a solid shampoo, lasts FOREVER, lathers very easily, smells fresh and "clean," and makes my dry & damaged hair very soft and easy to manage. I haven't really noticed a benefit to my hair volume-wise, but that's not really why I use it. Also, the fact that is is almost all natural is a huge plus. It does cost about $13 a bar, so it's a little on the pricey side... but it's definitely worth it.