April 23, 2014 | 1756 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using what I thought was a decent blush brush (MAC 129) and what I heard was the best bronzer brush (NARS) this blows both away, while doing those two jobs with one tool. Both those brushes seem crude in comparison -

the 187 it like painting watercolour on your face, I can't think of a better way to describe - it distributes powder products beautifully. It blends with ease and colours seem to melt in and become part of your skin, as opposed to sitting on top of your skin. I also appreciate it's versatility. My only gripe is the price: $50 CND plus tax, which is alot of money. I wish I bought this brush in the first place though, which cost less than the other two combined. If I were to start building a brush collection from scratch, this would be the first one I picked up.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Teetska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this brush is OK. but honestly I would expect more out of a 40 dollar (USD) MAC brush. the only reason I say that is because I've been using it for over a month now, and cleaning it once a week with Sephora's anti bacterial brush shampoo and it STILL SHEDS.. I use it with Macs face and body foundation which is water based so this is perfect to buff with because it takes a lot of buffing and blending for this foundation to look right.. but I find this brush not the greatest if I don't have time to sit there and buff my face for 10 minutes.. it can leave you looking a bit streaky.. over all, a good brush. but I would be open to purchasing another brand if something were to happen to it..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is great but the price is the reason I won't buy again!

It's an amazing brush and it seems to be made for otherwise unwearable blushes and MSF's (MAC's mineralized skin finishes), but honestly, I find myself reaching for my Kohl's Flirt! feather dust-her more often. It's similar to the 187 except a bit smaller and obviously less dense, and it only costs $7, so I feel a little more comfortable using it with my powder foundation. The 187 is a hot brush, but it sheds a lot during washes and it cost me too much to break.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by AuroraSom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I personally really like this brush, I personally think that people just don't really use it correctly. I was watching enkoremakeup on YouTube and he was talking about how to use it. You just stipple your foundation on not stipple then buff in. He said if you use the stipple then buff in technique then just use the 129 brush or something. I use this to stipple on my foundation and it definitely takes more time as you really have to make sure that your stippled it on all over and that there aren't any dots on your face when your done. I have actually had that happen to me and it sucked. This brush basically presses the foundation onto the skin and it can give that airbrush look because you're not rubbing your foundation in which eliminates that dewyness

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by IloveShuUemura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first Stippling brush. Before this, I used to use the lightbulb sponge from Shu Uemura to apply foundation. But a sponge absorbs too much products and I find it kinda wasteful so I decided to buy a brush to apply it. Imma big fan of Shu Uemura and initially wanted to purchase their foundation brush but one small foundation brush cost almost 90 SGD. So I went out online and watch makeup tutorials and discovered that many ppl used stippling brush to apply their liquid foundation. Many recommended Sigma and M.A.C but I thought to myself that I am not going to spend anything more than 30 SGD for a freaking makeup brush. So I went to the Watsons which is a Drugstore in Singapore to purchase a cheaper brush. But when I used it on my face, it starts to shred on every part of my face and I had to waste time to get rid of those hairs that is apparently sticking onto my face due to the liquid foundation. Hence,I decided that maybe I should invest in a good brush. Well, there is no Sigma available in Singapore so I went ahead to purchase it from M.A.C and guess what? I'm in love with it right now. It gave a beautiful finish and it felt so soft on my skin. It will shred one or two strand but it's okay. I love the feeling of this brush on my face. Although it is about 84 SGD but it can last for many years so it's kinda worth the money. I will definitely recommend this to my friends.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by shygirl7

This brush delivers a flawless application of foundation. The coverage is full and seamless! This would be a great alternative to my beautyblender when I want fuller coverage, except that I wouldn't chose this for liquid foundation because it sheds like crazy! There is always 5-7 fibres on my face when I am finished and picking them off of my face with my fingers ruins what I had just created. Apart of what makes this brush so great though (aside from the shedding), is that is versatile. I love it for setting my face with powder, and its great for blush! This brush will forever be used for those two purposes. A problem I have run into with this brush is that it spayed like crazy when I washed it. Overall, great brush! But I won't be repurchasing because there are similar, inexpensive versions of this brush that can get the job done.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by caribwoman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like how this brush applies my liquid studio fix foundation but it sheds and I'm left with tiny bristles on my face which is annoying, next time I'll probably try a cheaper brush

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Concealergeek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Waist of money for me. My biggest complaint is that it left my face full of fibres. I write left because after using it for two weeks I gave up and now I use it to remove dust. Quite an expensive tool! Because of this i have stopped buying MAC brushes. I have given my money to Real techniques, Suqqu and Sigma since then. Big big fail, MAC.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Kaharkins1988

Not impressed and depressing to think how much I paid for it. I occasionally use to apply blush but that's about it. I don't feel it looks any different than when I apply with regular brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by discoclemonade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have coveted this brush for quite sometime. All the rave reviews her and on YouTube really lured me in. I am sad to say that I am in the minority here and that this brush is terrible. I purchased it this past Saturday, used it on Sunday only to find that upon using it that there were tons of fibers all over my face. The brush sheds like crazy. So I returned it thinking I may have gotten a defective one only to use the second one and have it shed worse than the first. This brush is not inexpensive but it performs like a cheap one and even feels cheap when holding it. I don't even like the way it applies my makeup. It is too light and splotchy. Definitely not the airbrush effect I was aiming for. It's sad to say that my ELF stippling brush that I purchased for 2.99 works better than this.