December 21, 2014 | 1864 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Misfit Duo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by miumiujune

I too bought this duo just because the teal looked very lovely. I even didnt bother to think if it would suit my skintone or eye color or anything else. after I tried it out, I love it even more. It is such a brilliant teal, and very specially that U couldnt find anything replaced. Would re-purchase, but kind of doubting if i will finish this duo, LOL

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Giddylondon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yes I would buy it again but itd be forever until I use this beauty up...I am thinking this will be an awesome st pattys eyeshadow...really cool over the UD grass cream shadow!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by sirensandsailors

I'm NC30 with brown eyes and dark hair and honestly I bought this duo just because the teal looked lovely in the pan. I never though it would suit my skintone or eye color or anything. I tried it recenly and it is BRILLIANT. I love love love the color, and it doesn't really look weird on me (which is good news because I love teal and turquoise). It is very wearable and sweet, and you can try it on different bases. I did not find the shadows to be chalky or anything, they go very smoothly. The gold side is too light for my skintone, so it's a bummer. But I pair the teal-green side with other gold and green shadows. The teal side is defined as "emerald" but it doesn't get that dark unless you use a dark base like MAC Sharkskin, and it has a beautiful gold shimmer. Overall, I am very pleased with this duo. It's $32, yes, but for that unique color I would definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2008 2:20:00 PM More reviews by Adrianka88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE the teal side!! I wear it as a think liner or just up to my crease and the beige shade as a highliter. The teal makes me eyes pop and is such a beautiful shade for me. Can look classy or edgy depeneding on the rest of my makeup. Like others have said the beiege side is nothing special, just another highlighter or wash color....they could have paired it with something better considering the price but it is what it is...I wont buy again bc I dont use it too often and dont see this running out anytime soon. Also, I think I could find this teal shade somewhere cheaper...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2008 11:42:00 AM More reviews by blueirisjazz

I love this if I'm going of a kind of edgier look. The shimmery beige shadow slides on like silk, and I use the teal/green shadow with a mixing medium to make liquid liner. It really makes your eyes pop. I wouldn't recommend using the teal shadow as liner without foiling it though, because the powder can drop on your cheeks...and when you try to wipe it off, it can make you look green and sickly! If you do your eyes first it's not a big deal, but if you've already done your face makeup it's really annoying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by VersaceBlonde

As a product: Half of this duo fits into the NARS "stereotype" (brilliant, well-pigmented, silky shadows), while the other half seems straight from a drugstore line. The shadow is a bit pricy at $31, and comes in classy black rubberized compact with a full mirror.

As a color: Misfit is a stunning, shimmering emerald/teal, and a basic satiny beige. The beige has nearly no pigment and simply creates a chalky caking on the eye (although I recently discovered it makes a nice translucent "setting powder" to go over cream eyeshadows to prevent shifting/creasing). The teal completely redeems this duo, however. It is absolutely unique; definitely not aqua, definitely not green, but a beautiful shade somewhere in the middle. The duo is neutral/cool.

As a whole: I normally would not recommend a $31 eyeshadow duo when only one color is worth it (in my opinion, anyways), but the teal is such a brilliant shade that absolutely pops on my blue eyes that I cannot say too many bad things about the duo with both shades taken into consideration.

Complementary Products: Apply a shimmery champagne over the lid (i.e. Smashbox Champagne). Tightline with a black shade (i.e. NARS night clubbing), and use a push brush to dot the teal under the waterline. Don't skimp on the black mascara, and finish with a bronzer and a sheer nude gloss (i.e. Lancome Chai Freeze or Dior Crunch of Chocolate)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 6:54:00 AM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

NARS describes Misfit as “ecru and emerald (both with shimmer)”. The green side looks like more of a teal shade on me than emerald. It’s not a bright grass green or anything like that.. not what I picture in my mind when I think emerald. The shimmer is very subtle – almost matte depending on the lighting. The light beige “ecru” shade barely shows up on my fair skin when applied, but it does an amazing job hiding any redness or pinkish tones in the skin. In the pan, it looks rather boring… It isn’t a shade that I’d gravitate towards if it were on its own but I’m certainly glad to have it now. Makes a good base coat for any colour of shadow.
The lasting power is great… The NARS people will usually use one of their cream eye shadows as a base, but I use this shadow without a base and it lasts all day on me with minimal creasing or fading. I’ve found that the lasting power is much better when this shadow is applied wet.
The texture is highly pigmented and easily blended. Can be applied sheer and blended together or applied wet (spray a tiny bit of water onto your brush). The teal side looks amazing when used wet as an eyeliner paired with some black kohl on the waterline.. Makes my dark brown eyes pop.
I like the packaging as well – rubbery and sleek with a nice mirror inside. It would most likely survive if dropped, which is good for me since I do tend to drop my poor compacts.. and no crappy little brush to take up space.
A definite repurchase for me:)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2007 9:38:00 PM More reviews by INDICAN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the teal. I purchased this duo for the teal alone. The ecru color is pretty faint on my NC30 skin, but I wear it on my lids, with the teal in the crease.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2007 1:43:00 AM More reviews by PrincessScuzzlebutt2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE the teal side of this. Super smooth with lots of pigment. The perfect teal, leaning more towards green. Not quite metallic, but shimmery. The other cream shimmer side is dry and unpigmented.I wish i could give this a 3.5

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2007 7:03:00 PM More reviews by polkaparty

I was wooed into buying this exhorbitantly expensive duo by the name (bringing to mind Marilyn in The Misfits -- those Nars names, God, it's such clever marketing) and by the saucy emerald-green color (after seeing a photo of Beth Ditto wearing a green eye with a huge thick sweep of black liner I was jonesing for a green eye moment of my own). So I bought this, get it home, slap some of it on -- and I look like trailer trash. Fuck, I thought, how could I (blue-eyed, no less) be so naive as to think I could pull off green eyeshadow. I washed it off, and later tried again. This time, I used the ecru as a wash all over my lip, and then applied a line of the green along my lashline with an angled brush, flicking it up a little at the ends. Now THIS was what I was thinking -- playful, lush, summery, Sophia-Loren-y. The green is VERY soft and blendable, and the ecru (on my at least) just smooths out any veins or discoloration about your eyes -- would also be a nice subtle highlighter for the browbone. The duo isn't too shimmery/sparkly, and I like that -- i feel with a 'statement' green like this, there's no need for piles and piles of glitter. I love you, Nars -- now how about lowering your prices a touch?

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No