July 22, 2014 | 1374 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by hangloosehannah

YOU need this in your life! It gives the most beautiful effect on the skin. Covers: redness. hyper-pigmentation, and darker areas of the face. Doesn't look flat, and not shimmery. The perfect finish, looks natural, color-correcting, versatile color range. This product looks best alone, or on the face with a small bit of concealer. You really cant go wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by bikibiki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The good news is this product seriously neutralizes my red, rosacea-ey cheeks. The bad news is it also highlights the massive pores on those same cheeks! I guess I can't win. Still, I do like this product. I've tried every kind of correcting primer and potion to try to minimize redness on my face, and this is the only thing that works instantly. Plus, it doesn't take much to have an effect and balance out my skin. I figure I can handle the trade-off of slightly more noticeable pores.

In fact, I was totally surprised that I could even get away with this as a foundation. Having dry skin, it would never occur to me to turn to a powder. While, for reasons listed below, I don't normally use the product this way, I do like how versatile the product is.

Two things do bother me a bit:
1. Red cheeks notwithstanding, I consider myself to be pretty fair, but I find that the "fair" colour does give me a slight greyish pallor. Since I only tend to use this on my cheeks, that's not a big deal, but I do recall a video reviewer with medium-tan skin saying something similar, so it seems all the shades run a bit grey.
2. Perhaps I haven't had enough exposure to different powders, but I don't like the package very much. When I swirl my brush it kicks up a lot of dust, but the way the domed product sits in the pan means that there's a ring of dust sitting around the border of the product (that is a terrible description, so I'm sure no one knows what I mean). I think I just want the product to sit in a deeper pot to keep dustiness at bay.

Overall, though, I would recommend this for people who need help balancing skin tones and I probably would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! When I want lighter coverage I wear this alone & when I want fuller coverage I use this on top of a foundation. This is definitely a product that needs a few minutes to "melt" into your skin. It looks okay at first but after 4/5 minutes it looks amazing. It really sinks into your skin and looks flawless yet natural. The finish is really beautiful especially if you give it some time. I get dry patches on my skin and this never clings to them or makes them more noticeable. I highly recommend this!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by NJquilter55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i used this as my usual daily foundation. Its easy to use, quick application and travels well in the compact. It lasts all day on my 50+ skin and doesn't settle into fine lines. Good coverage when set with her baked powder. Its not as messy as some of the loose mineral foundations I had been using. Its also easy to remove at the end of the day, and doesn't clog my pores or cause breakouts to my sensitive skin.

I have it on auto delivery, because I think its a good value, lasts a long time and the color and ease of use are my favorite foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by mablanton

I had desperately been searching for a powder foundation that would mask red marks (hyperpigmentation from acne ages ago), and my sometimes blotchy skin. I've tried everything, and finally found this product - As soon as it goes on, it immediately masks imperfections. It has a smooth feel, not greasy, and lasts all day. Only complaint would be that it highlights enlarged pores, but I suppose I should find a good primer that minimizes those! All in all, a great product. A little pricey, but definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Rosacea sufferers: used over a primer, dewy-finish medium to full coverage liquid foundation or bb cream (such as Smashbox) and a creamy concealer (I use Maybelline Fit Me) this covers mild to moderate rosacea on my oily/combo/dehydrated skin perfectly! The trick is in the application. Use a light hand to dab it on in just the areas you need it most. It stays put for most of the day with minimal touch-ups. To make it look extra fresh, I also use a setting spray. I can't just use any old powder nowadays as my skin tends to be acneic and oily yet dehydrated; I use this over my liquid foundation and it provides full coverage, yet you can add more (and more!) without it looking powdery or cakey. It has that lovely creamy, luminous look without being too glowy; it is by far the best powder foundation I've tried so far and is so much more practical than a loose powder. I always have the Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil in the mini pressed version with me for touch-ups (my HG finishing powder) as it does not add colour - B&B is just too large to carry around. I find both the Fair and the Medium B&B quite neutral, colour-adaptable and very flattering to my NC25-NC30 skin. In the UK, at around 30 pounds inc. delivery for just 9 grams it's expensive but it's definitely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by maggierose4

I got this Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten in Medium as part of the QVC Ultimate Holiday Train Case. I had been looking for a finishing powder but was impressed by the on-air demo of this product as a foundation. Since my skin is typically clear and I have minor imperfections to cover I thought this was worth a try. My skin tone is in the MAC NW23-25, Guerlain Beige Natural, MUFE HD 125 range.

Balance-n-Brighten is a baked foundation which starts out as a cream. The medium shade is very pretty in the pan. It has swirls of cream, beige, pink and gold in it. When the shades are combined the powder gives a neutral matte finish with a silky feel.

I apply this powder over my moisturizer with either a kabuki or large powder brush. I love that I can build the coverage in areas where I need it. The finish looks and feels creamy and smooth plus does not emphasize any of my dry areas or enlarged pores. It gives a soft focus effect. Also, this product does make my skin itchy like powder mineral foundations do. This is a definite plus. Since this is a pressed powder it's perfect for travel too.

I'm really impressed by Balance-n-Brighten and this has now made it's way into my daily makeup basket.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by beautyfix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As my partner said, makes my (dry) skin which has no apparent lines look much older and wrinkly, shows off every incipient flaw in the texture of my skin. I used porcelain which is an excellent colour match for my snow white skin, very unusually. This is, I would think, excellent for young fresh ultra smooth skin. I imagine spots and any bumps, lumps like lines are magnified by the very pretty lustre of this powder foundation. My partner looked at me with distaste whilst I tried this on so I would use it primarily when wanting to play old crones in pantomimes. This also made my very dry skin actually feel dry, taut and uncomfy so I could;t wait to wash it off and soothe my skin with lashings of moisturiser. I would try this if you are very young and have oily skin with a very smooth texture then I expect you'll love it as it's so foolproof and quick to apply and the lustre is lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by nicoline88

I cannot express how much I love this stuff! Most of the time my skin is too light to find a color that actually matched my tone, but this powder in porcelain was perfect! It covers up my red spots or the occasional blemish with no problem. Also I have very sensitive skin and this is the first foundation that hasn't made me break out. It is so light and looks natural, not cakey like other powders. Using a fluffy brush helps blend it in incredibly. Will continue to buy this for as long as Laura makes it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Elle02

I love this. I put it on over my moisturizer, and it DOES NOT CHANGE color. I have the medium, which I find very flattering and forgiving. I find it a neutral tone, balancing my sallow and red areas, and and sort of glazing over my flaws. Very pretty finish, and does not accentuate my wrinkles, etc. I use this, then put a little concealer where needed ( nyx hi def in medium). add my blush, lip etc , then lightly dust on my Femme Couture - Get A Glow- finishing powder (another thing I LOVE, from Sally beauty). Finish with UD All nighter. It is a very good look-clean, polished and soft, very pretty. I have used a TON of powder foundations. I am hyper critical, and I love it if my skin looks good, but I am really buying this stuff to make me look prettier, you know? And this does. I would strongly recommend giving this a try if you oxidize, need neutral shades, or love a Soft Focus finish.