January 29, 2015 | 1873 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by starladear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. I do not use it on its own over my whole face, but I need to cover a lot of hyper-pigmentation and tone issues. This is my final layer of coverage after BB cream everywhere, foundation on hyper pigmentation along jawline, concealer under eyes and on blemishes. So on my nose, forehead, chin I use this over BB cream. This gives extra oomph to my covering cosmetics but is not heavy at all. I wear a lot of cover, but when the front parts of my face have only this and BB cream, it doesn't look obvious that I have so much makeup on. It is really perfectly between a powder and a foundation--a powder that really and truly covers. I vary my covering regime sometimes, but I never skip this. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought Fair off of Hautelook for $20 which is at a considerable discount, I think the regular price is $35. What I like about this powder is that it sets my liquid foundation or bb cream nicely. I get a polished look with very little effort. (That's the way I like my makeup maximum effect for minimal effort.) It wears all day for me which is considerable since I do live in a humid environment. Also it does not look cakey or heavy, another big bonus since I a fan of the no makeup makeup look.

I dislike the compact design. Why half a mirror? Who's gonna say, "hey, I don't need a whole mirror when applying powder."? Other than that, it's notable that this powder doesn't come with an applicator, not a problem for me because I usually use my own puff or brush at home, but it could be inconvenient for those who want to retouch on the go.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by nudylipstickgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tried at the Ulta store. I was a nice texture and wasn't too drying or cakey. I tried this in Medium and at first the finish was beautiful medium light coverage, but after an hour or two I notice it has some slight oxidation and somewhat looked slightly tannish, which looked strange against my light olive skin. I hope they will come out with this in colors for those with no orangy/ tannish hues one day. I might go back and try the light to see what happens.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This powder has gone through a number of different formulation changes over the years. And, I've had a chance to try them all. The regular runs dark on me, even though I have a medium complexion. So, when Laura came out with the Fair shade I started using that. This powder doesn't provide a lot of coverage. So, using it as a foundation is a no-go for me. It provides sheer-to-light, buildable coverage. Therefore, I only ever used it as a finishing powder. It would look great on my face for about an hour or two. But, it would always start to oxidize as the day wears on, making my face end up looking a shade darker. This happen with every new formulation that came out. I tried sticking with this powder, along with Laura Geller's whole line as a whole, but in the end, I realized that I had bought into nothing but hype.

I don't plan to waste any more money on her line. Even though I do enjoy watching her on QVC.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

I love the finish!! It looks so natural and wonderful. On its own, it doesn't cover my acne marks, but seriously, the finish is FANTASTIC! My husband even noticed and encouraged me to spend the extra money every time! The compact lasted me almost a full year, so it's worth the price. I also use it 6-7xs a week. I also use Laura Geller's foundation stick with this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by jellibellyz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

purchased this in medium. it covered redness nice and evened my skin a little bit, but it unfortunately oxidizes on my skin about 2 shades. it only last about 3-4 hours max on my skin. its nothing special, doesnt keep my face matte, does not last long and makes it look muddy later on. this one just didnt work for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by hangloosehannah

YOU need this in your life! It gives the most beautiful effect on the skin. Covers: redness. hyper-pigmentation, and darker areas of the face. Doesn't look flat, and not shimmery. The perfect finish, looks natural, color-correcting, versatile color range. This product looks best alone, or on the face with a small bit of concealer. You really cant go wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by bikibiki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The good news is this product seriously neutralizes my red, rosacea-ey cheeks. The bad news is it also highlights the massive pores on those same cheeks! I guess I can't win. Still, I do like this product. I've tried every kind of correcting primer and potion to try to minimize redness on my face, and this is the only thing that works instantly. Plus, it doesn't take much to have an effect and balance out my skin. I figure I can handle the trade-off of slightly more noticeable pores.

In fact, I was totally surprised that I could even get away with this as a foundation. Having dry skin, it would never occur to me to turn to a powder. While, for reasons listed below, I don't normally use the product this way, I do like how versatile the product is.

Two things do bother me a bit:
1. Red cheeks notwithstanding, I consider myself to be pretty fair, but I find that the "fair" colour does give me a slight greyish pallor. Since I only tend to use this on my cheeks, that's not a big deal, but I do recall a video reviewer with medium-tan skin saying something similar, so it seems all the shades run a bit grey.
2. Perhaps I haven't had enough exposure to different powders, but I don't like the package very much. When I swirl my brush it kicks up a lot of dust, but the way the domed product sits in the pan means that there's a ring of dust sitting around the border of the product (that is a terrible description, so I'm sure no one knows what I mean). I think I just want the product to sit in a deeper pot to keep dustiness at bay.

Overall, though, I would recommend this for people who need help balancing skin tones and I probably would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! When I want lighter coverage I wear this alone & when I want fuller coverage I use this on top of a foundation. This is definitely a product that needs a few minutes to "melt" into your skin. It looks okay at first but after 4/5 minutes it looks amazing. It really sinks into your skin and looks flawless yet natural. The finish is really beautiful especially if you give it some time. I get dry patches on my skin and this never clings to them or makes them more noticeable. I highly recommend this!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by NJquilter55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i used this as my usual daily foundation. Its easy to use, quick application and travels well in the compact. It lasts all day on my 50+ skin and doesn't settle into fine lines. Good coverage when set with her baked powder. Its not as messy as some of the loose mineral foundations I had been using. Its also easy to remove at the end of the day, and doesn't clog my pores or cause breakouts to my sensitive skin.

I have it on auto delivery, because I think its a good value, lasts a long time and the color and ease of use are my favorite foundation.