Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), BHT, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

Since I'm older now (ugh) I was having a really hard time finding a natural-looking foundation that didn't look mask-like or accentuate lines, wrinkles, older skin. I saw a demonstration of this on QVC and it piqued my interest. Of course, I googled reviews (here and other sites) and it seemed to have generally good reviews. I found a 30% off code and went for the Piece of Cake set.

I have to say that I am totally happy with this purchase! The kit really has everything you need, along with the foundation brush and eye shadow brush. (Eye shadow and blush are long-lasting too, btw) At first when I applied the B&B, I was expecting it to cover immediately so I was a little disappointed. Then I reapplied a little bit more and realized it made my skin look great without a heavy looking foundation. (I guess I was so used to the thick ELDW.)

It seems like this foundation actually works for all skin ages and types too (from the reviews I've read). If you're not happy w/your foundation, I would def give this a shot. Also, I can do a natural day look in less than 5 mins w/everything in this kit. Not bad when you're in a rush! That's a def plus for me! :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

A nice powder foundation. The name of the shades do not match the actual colors at all. I am a fair in this line, which in other lines I am a light or a light med. Shade names are completely off. It does tend to leave a pink casting, which I actually like, but if you are very golden/yellow you might not like this foundation. Gives good coverage. Has a nice application, and really evens you out. The story is that it is a liquid that was "baked" overnight to turn into a powder form and when you use it down to the tin you will see its on a ceramic tile. While this is a nice story, I think a little bit of it has to do with marketing more then actual product production. However its made it is a nice product and hasn't caused me to break out. Just make sure you try it as it does tend to run a little on the cool side.

I use this as a setting powder over my foundation, and it gives me a luminous glow as well as setting my foundation well. I have really sensitive eyes and can't often use powders as they tend to go in my eyes and irritate them, but this is the only one I've found that doesn't.

Using this for years as its so good with dry skin, my complexion just looks so amazing everyone always complements me on my skin (even though I have bad dry skin ) wish it was easier to get in Perth!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I ended up purchasing this on a total whim and kinda sorta accidentally - it came in the LG "the sweetest things" kit which I purchased ($42.00 for 6 full size products). I had been looking at a few LG blushes and highlighters and when I realized the kit was only like 10 bux more than 1 single product, I was all about that! To be honest I really didn't think much of the product - until I got home and tried it out that is! I have to say I am really enjoying this product.

I do find this to be brightening as it claims - it gives a nice and all over subtle glow to my face without any glitter type effect at all (always my fear). Also I believe that because of the colors in this products "swirl" (yellow, beige and tan, white, pink) it has some brightening power and color correcting properties due to this mixture. It feels nice on the skin - very natural and light, no heaviness at all. This does not settle into my fine lines or pores which was also a surprise because I have extremely dry skin and powder products can be problematic, emphasizing flaws - but this doesn't. I use the shade medium and it's a great match for my NC30 skin tone.

As far as calling this a foundation though... well, I dunno about all that. Although I am only a medium coverage kinda gal (I rotate between Nars sheer glow and L'Oreal Lumi) there is no way I would get enough coverage with this product on its own. However, this is amazing over tinted lotions, BB's, and CC's. It's also nice over foundation but could get a little heavy if applied often throughout the day for those with dry skin (to be fair though I have this issue just generally with any powder and I tend to only use them to set my makeup once upon makeup application). To be perfectly honest I like this more than my Mac mineralized skin finish natural (I use this in medium)because it gives a better color payoff and I don't need to "undue" the powder look with fix plus like I must while using MSFN.

I had to knock off 1 star because this is advertised as a foundation and I just don't think that it offers enough coverage for that title - if it were labeled as a powder I'd def give 5 stars. Will I purchase this again at its full price ($33)? Yup! I think this is gonna be my go-to powder from here on in.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I get sooo many compliments on how clean, smooth and healthy my skin looks wearing this. It's my fav in the spring summer mths to use because it's so light weigth and a miracle worker

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this in medium to use in place of liquids for the humid summer months. I like that this gives light translucent coverage but still evens out my skin. If I need more coverage or have gotten some sun I can apply this over a TM in a slightly deeper shade. I've had no issues with oxidation or breakouts either. I do find that this works best over both a primer or in my case my Missha sunscreen that acts like a primer and a light dusting of silica powder to help prevent shine. This is not glittery or shiney but does give a soft glow that could emphasize oil breakthrough.The compact it comes in is not bulky and is convenient to carry in my purse for late day touch ups. This is pricey at around $32 and I'm not sure how long this compact will last so I'm undecided about buying this again but like it so far.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I could live without the talc in it. Find it light in coverage. does help blur pores and redness. Main reason it is still in my drawer. Being mature age bb cream with balance and brighten works better than foundations for me. I thinks less in more other wise it settles and creases.. On a good skin day use this alone actually I think it performs better than way but it is less coverage. My skin is sensitive and dry and prone to break outs. I use with caution. like it but don't love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This powder is amazing for setting my foundation (I use Revlon colorstay) I like a full coverage look because I have terrible skin.. I do however, have a few issues with this powder. I've noticed that when I use it recently, I have tiny pink dots on my skin that almost looks like flakes of blush. I stopped using it, and switched to my physicians formula CC powder, and the spots were gone. I'm not really sure if anyone else has had this issue, but for $38 dollars I expected better.

The packaging is simple, a little compact with a tiny mirror when you open it up, and there is a lot of product. The best thing about this baked foundation is the amount of product you get, I have been using this since December and it is now April, I am not half way finished yet.

It's okay I guess, I will not be repurchasing.

I love this product. I use it as a setting powder for my concealer; and I love the way my skin looks when I'm done with my makeup application. It actually works really well by itself as well. It's pretty pricey but I love it!!