November 27, 2014 | 1508 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by nudylipstickgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tried at the Ulta store. I was a nice texture and wasn't too drying or cakey. I tried this in Medium and at first the finish was beautiful medium light coverage, but after an hour or two I notice it has some slight oxidation and somewhat looked slightly tannish, which looked strange against my light olive skin. I hope they will come out with this in colors for those with no orangy/ tannish hues one day. I might go back and try the light to see what happens.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This powder has gone through a number of different formulation changes over the years. And, I've had a chance to try them all. The regular runs dark on me, even though I have a medium complexion. So, when Laura came out with the Fair shade I started using that. This powder doesn't provide a lot of coverage. So, using it as a foundation is a no-go for me. It provides sheer-to-light, buildable coverage. Therefore, I only ever used it as a finishing powder. It would look great on my face for about an hour or two. But, it would always start to oxidize as the day wears on, making my face end up looking a shade darker. This happen with every new formulation that came out. I tried sticking with this powder, along with Laura Geller's whole line as a whole, but in the end, I realized that I had bought into nothing but hype.

I don't plan to waste any more money on her line. Even though I do enjoy watching her on QVC.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

I love the finish!! It looks so natural and wonderful. On its own, it doesn't cover my acne marks, but seriously, the finish is FANTASTIC! My husband even noticed and encouraged me to spend the extra money every time! The compact lasted me almost a full year, so it's worth the price. I also use it 6-7xs a week. I also use Laura Geller's foundation stick with this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by jellibellyz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

purchased this in medium. it covered redness nice and evened my skin a little bit, but it unfortunately oxidizes on my skin about 2 shades. it only last about 3-4 hours max on my skin. its nothing special, doesnt keep my face matte, does not last long and makes it look muddy later on. this one just didnt work for me :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by hangloosehannah

YOU need this in your life! It gives the most beautiful effect on the skin. Covers: redness. hyper-pigmentation, and darker areas of the face. Doesn't look flat, and not shimmery. The perfect finish, looks natural, color-correcting, versatile color range. This product looks best alone, or on the face with a small bit of concealer. You really cant go wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by bikibiki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The good news is this product seriously neutralizes my red, rosacea-ey cheeks. The bad news is it also highlights the massive pores on those same cheeks! I guess I can't win. Still, I do like this product. I've tried every kind of correcting primer and potion to try to minimize redness on my face, and this is the only thing that works instantly. Plus, it doesn't take much to have an effect and balance out my skin. I figure I can handle the trade-off of slightly more noticeable pores.

In fact, I was totally surprised that I could even get away with this as a foundation. Having dry skin, it would never occur to me to turn to a powder. While, for reasons listed below, I don't normally use the product this way, I do like how versatile the product is.

Two things do bother me a bit:
1. Red cheeks notwithstanding, I consider myself to be pretty fair, but I find that the "fair" colour does give me a slight greyish pallor. Since I only tend to use this on my cheeks, that's not a big deal, but I do recall a video reviewer with medium-tan skin saying something similar, so it seems all the shades run a bit grey.
2. Perhaps I haven't had enough exposure to different powders, but I don't like the package very much. When I swirl my brush it kicks up a lot of dust, but the way the domed product sits in the pan means that there's a ring of dust sitting around the border of the product (that is a terrible description, so I'm sure no one knows what I mean). I think I just want the product to sit in a deeper pot to keep dustiness at bay.

Overall, though, I would recommend this for people who need help balancing skin tones and I probably would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! When I want lighter coverage I wear this alone & when I want fuller coverage I use this on top of a foundation. This is definitely a product that needs a few minutes to "melt" into your skin. It looks okay at first but after 4/5 minutes it looks amazing. It really sinks into your skin and looks flawless yet natural. The finish is really beautiful especially if you give it some time. I get dry patches on my skin and this never clings to them or makes them more noticeable. I highly recommend this!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by NJquilter55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i used this as my usual daily foundation. Its easy to use, quick application and travels well in the compact. It lasts all day on my 50+ skin and doesn't settle into fine lines. Good coverage when set with her baked powder. Its not as messy as some of the loose mineral foundations I had been using. Its also easy to remove at the end of the day, and doesn't clog my pores or cause breakouts to my sensitive skin.

I have it on auto delivery, because I think its a good value, lasts a long time and the color and ease of use are my favorite foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by mablanton

I had desperately been searching for a powder foundation that would mask red marks (hyperpigmentation from acne ages ago), and my sometimes blotchy skin. I've tried everything, and finally found this product - As soon as it goes on, it immediately masks imperfections. It has a smooth feel, not greasy, and lasts all day. Only complaint would be that it highlights enlarged pores, but I suppose I should find a good primer that minimizes those! All in all, a great product. A little pricey, but definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 11:31:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Rosacea sufferers: used over a primer, dewy-finish medium to full coverage liquid foundation or bb cream (such as Smashbox) and a creamy concealer (I use Maybelline Fit Me) this covers mild to moderate rosacea on my oily/combo/dehydrated skin perfectly! The trick is in the application. Use a light hand to dab it on in just the areas you need it most. It stays put for most of the day with minimal touch-ups. To make it look extra fresh, I also use a setting spray. I can't just use any old powder nowadays as my skin tends to be acneic and oily yet dehydrated; I use this over my liquid foundation and it provides full coverage, yet you can add more (and more!) without it looking powdery or cakey. It has that lovely creamy, luminous look without being too glowy; it is by far the best powder foundation I've tried so far and is so much more practical than a loose powder. I always have the Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil in the mini pressed version with me for touch-ups (my HG finishing powder) as it does not add colour - B&B is just too large to carry around. I find both the Fair and the Medium B&B quite neutral, colour-adaptable and very flattering to my NC25-NC30 skin. Recently my skin has been very clear so I've been using B&B as my only foundation with just a touch of concealer and coverage is still excellent. No oxidising or fading on me - I use Reviva, my HG primer. In the UK, at around 30 pounds inc. delivery for just 9 grams it's expensive but it's definitely worth it.