July 25, 2014 | 1911 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Emolloy

The product name does not lie. It definitely made my skin dramatically different. I used it for a week and at first I loved it. But by the end of the week my forehead was covered in tiny bumps. And the rest of my face was breaking out. It completely clogged my pores. I'm at the point where it's probably going to take me 3 weeks to get my skin clear again. If you are acne prone I would not consider this at all. It's not worth it I wish I hadn't.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Slcatlow

Tried the cream and the gel and yes the gel is a better product..but still to me its nothing special..having combination skin..it didn't help at all. It didn't break me out nor did it really hydrate my skin or even balance me. I used it for around 3/4 months and I never saw any kind of improvement. Worth a try..but I'd go with a sample first before you buy the full bottle as it's not the cheapest.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

I don't get the whole Clinique 3 Step thing, it just doesn't work! I used all of the products (in 3, for oily skin) religiously for three years, only to find that I got better effects on my skin from products which cost half the price. I don't understand what is so dramatically different about this: It's a nice consistency, goes on well and does the job of moisturising without creating an oil slick on your face, but that's it really, nothing much different to any other brand. I think it's grossly over priced for what it is and the whole 3 Step System has taught me a valuable lesson in not believing the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by MarciLou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I have combo skin so the summer makes me oil up more in my T-zone and the winter leaves me a bit dry. I went from regular body lotions to petroleum jelly (why?) and then I finally found my friend. I use the gel all year round and it lasts me 3-4 months. I only need to use one pump for my face and two if I want to include my neck. Very light and it doesn't make me oily. I've been using this for two years and I will never go back to anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by annap888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is on POINT. I have struggled to find a moisturizer that hydrate my dehydrated yet oily skin. I have no idea why I over looked this product in the past.

The texture is a lightweight gel that sinks into the skin in a matter of seconds. For me the finish is almost velvety. I do still get oily throughout the day but not nearly as much as with other moisturizers - but it's nothing that a little blotting with a tissue or powder cannot fix.

Even though this isn't a drug store product, I would not hesitate to repurchase this since it does an amazing job for my skin type.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

This was the first time I tried Clinique, and it wasn't a good experience for me. I have sensitive, acne-prone, aging skin. This caused me to break out with painful cystic blemishes. I've had good experiences with Skintelligence moisturizer, just looking for something lighter for summer. Have to keep looking...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by sweetp341983

HG for me. Love this! Best stuff ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 5:48:00 AM More reviews by liquidblues

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had this moisturizer for about 5 months now and it's very close to becoming my HG day time product. It does have good and bad sides, just like every other moisturizer though.

PROS:
- It's light. The texture is perfect for day time.
- It's fragrance-free. It has a very slight medicinal scent but it's not strong.
- It calms redness. I have some noticeable red areas around my nose and they have always bothered me but this gel seems to calm them down quite nicely.
- It smooths out skin and improves the skin texture .
- It a perfect base for makeup.
- It doesn't break me out.
- It lasts a really long time. I've a tube of 1.7 oz for about 4 months now (I use it daily).

CONS:
- It's not moisturizing enough to use at night, especially if you use acne treatments. You're going to need something richer for night time.
- It's not mattifying - it's not creamy/oily but it will not make your skin mat.
- It's quite expensive.

I will definitely repurchase it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

Love the gel texture, excellent as my day moisturiser before the makeup routine. Lightly scrented in a very "fresh" way, easily absorbed into skin. Already have a back up as my current one is 1/4 left. Skin type Oily Combination.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a good basic moisturizer for me, I'm not even 20 yet but my skins been throw absolute HELL from severe cystic acne and over production of oil. After taking acutain and finding the a good skin care routine my skin is much better, dare I say I good skin?! Anyways this is nice smooth non irritating moisturizer has a slight menthol smell witch I like. Its nice to know I can always come back to this, love the pump bottle deign and how fast it absorbs and sinks into my face but never feels heavy or sticky. Just all day lightweight hydration.

Pros
Silky smooth texture
Absorbs FAST
Smells good, "menthol/minty"
Love the packaging pumps are hygienic
Has never irritated my face
Good for daily use
Lasts quite a while maybe 6 months!

Cons
Price is okay I mean its Clinique so what do you expect?!
Isn't anything special, its not a WOW product