Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium-Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

on 3/29/2015 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This has been my go to for years. I have combo skin but more on the oily side and this has never let me down. I don't know why I left it, but I came right back to using it this fall. It's not heavy at all and sinks right into your skin really quick. You don't need that much either and it's a great price for such a great product from a line like Clinique. I like that it's in pump form since it is more hygienic. It works really well under makeup or sunscreen. Those with dry skin might need to mix it with an.oil or try a different moisturizer. It's a staple for people with combo or oily skin, especially in the summer. I will repurchase more once I run out, but the large one lasts me a long time. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is because it has no SPF. If this had SPF then it would be a PERFECT HG.

on 3/26/2015 10:25:00 PM

A non-nonsense water/gel moisturiser that imparts nothing but hydration (as opposed to oil) + barrier seal. Brilliant for dehydrated oily-skin people. When your skin is hydrated, it doesn't need to produce as much oil. It's also great for oily-normal combo people who prefer to wear a separate sunscreen on top. This moisturiser is light, gives a big dose of hydration that the sunscreen lotion doesn't, and you won't feel like you're weighting your skin down with double moisturisation. Unlike other oil-free gel moisturisers on the market, this isn't scented and so is good for sensitive skin.

Normal or dry skinned people need to look elsewhere, or mix oils with this moisturiser.

on 3/19/2015 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nice basic moisturizer! doesn't cause any breakouts and sinks right in without leaving face shiny or sticky! I use it as a serum before sun protection but it won't be moisturizing enough for really dry or dehydrated skin.
A good basic for oily skins like mine.

This stuff is brilliant if you have combination or oily skin. Probably by favourite product that I have bought for a while purely for the reason that it really does prevent a lot of shine from coming through. I have used moisturisers specifically for oily/combination skin, I've even bought from the Clinique range but I still find them to be heavy and thick. They will make my pores look worse and definitely DO NOT help with keeping oils away but they are very moisturising. I can go bare faced with just this gel on and I have a shine free face for a good few hours which is a huge improvement for me. The only reason I didn't give this product the full 5 lipsticks is because my skin is more on the combination side rather than completely oily so you do have to be careful if you use a powder foundation as it can stick to the dry patches on your face. I get dry around my nose and right by my temples (weird place to be dry, I know) and my urban decay and Estée Lauder double wear foundations can sometimes cling to these dry patches. The gel makes your skin feel lovely but doesn't completely hydrate very difficult dry areas but something has got to give if you want to stay shine free. I have now switched to my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation which I only got a few wears out of earlier in the year due to my oily face. I love the fact that using this gel has made my Giorgio Armani foundation last longer and keep most of my oils at bay which I really struggled with previously. My foundation now glides on like a dream, especially using a beauty blender. I am super impressed with this gel and I now can't live without it.

on 3/1/2015 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Just far too lightweight for my over 50 skin. I need more moisture.

on 3/1/2015 2:14:00 PM

Before the gel came out, I was using the Dramatically Different Moisturizer LOTION, but it wasn't working out too well for my oily/combination skin. But when I tried this gel version, it absorbed much better into my skin and didn't leave an oily residue. I am now on my second bottle of this and I love it! I would recommend this for anyone with oily to combination skin.

on 2/26/2015 3:58:00 PM

Not bad! As I have very dry skin I wanted a good moisturiser that worked great on my skin but didn't make my face feel greasy (I honestly hate that) so when I went to the Clinique counter she suggested the gel form for me instead of the lotion even though it's for normal skin, I love how it goes on at first it's so refreshing it's like splashing water on your face, but I find it drys quickly and it's almost as if my face feels back to normal and dry again! Which for the price I am not happy about (£30) I suppose it's alright for now and I'll use it until I finish it because I'm not about to waste £30 but I think when it's done I'll opt for either the moisture surge which looked good or just try the lotion! Far too expensive for an average moisturiser:/

on 2/23/2015 4:25:00 AM

this moisturizing gel was so so for me, it didn't seem to moisturize enough on some days and left my skin feeling thirsty. i think it would be great for oilier skin types but i think my combination skin must be on the dryer side of the spectrum

One of my favourite moisturizers of all time, this light lotion-gel from Clinique when you look at the formula actually contains a higher amount of anti-irritants and soothing agents than the original Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion.

It is definitely an improved formula and after cleansing and toning really sinks in, contains no oil whatsoever. Those with combination to Oily skin will really find this valuable. Addressing skins' needs without feeling heavy or occlusive. Of course one should always experiment, so ask the Clinique consultant for a sample to make sure it suits your skin and you find it pleasing to use. The main point is that the ingredient listing is very good, so all skin types can benefit.

Highly recommend this, would repurchase this as well as the DDML +

I love this moisturizer.

Pros: luxury package design, gel consistency and moisturizes perfectly

CONS: Soooo expensive but that is the price we pay for beauty

Overall it's the only moisturizer i've come across to actually get the job done.