December 18, 2014 | 1674 users online

Powder - Shiseido - Sun Protection Compact Foundation [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

RE-FORMULATED. Please find reviews for the new formula here:

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by zoolosophy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really hated this product. Beside the fact that the colour was an awfull match for me, maybe it was a mistake of the saleslady I don't know, it didn't set well on my dry combo skin, looked cakey as hell and way too greyish....... It was stinging as well...Very disapointed , for that price I expected a lot more.
two lippies for the sunscreen and great packaging. I won't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by kfife10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just started using this this week, and I'm very impressed. I use Shiseido's Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42, then use the powder foundation on top of that. I use the liquid foundation is SP40, but the SP40 powder is too dark. I exchanged it for the SP30 powder and it is perfect.

This powder is a great addition to the liquid foundation. I have melasma all over my face and it can get pretty dark, so I need a lot of coverage. I read that the powder has a "light" coverage, but I experimented with putting just the powder on my face, with no liquid foundation, and found the powder has a pretty good amount of coverage itself. I don't use the sponge that comes with it; I use that for applying the liquid foundation and I use a compact puff to apply the powder.

As other reviewers have said, don't let the dark colors scare you; they apply so much lighter! There are some colors that have some pink in them and there are colors that do not. The SP40 and SP30 have no pink in them, which is what I need to match my light olive face. The SP30 is a perfect match.

This really seems to disappear on my face, which means I can put a good amount of powder on and my face doesn't look chalky or powdery at all. My husband remarked on how good my face looks with it.

This powder also does a better job of preventing my oil slick of a face from being shiny, much better than what I was using before, which was Neutrogena's Mineral Sheers pressed powder. The Neutrogena is not a bad choice, but I like that the Shiseido powder has an SPF of 34, compared to Neutrogena's at SPF 20. I need to be really diligent about my SPF in order to keep the melasma at bay, and this is a great way to re-apply it during the day.

The only con is that I'm used to the compact puff/sponge part being at the bottom of the compact, rather than the top, but I guess I'll just get used to that.

This is the most expensive powder I've ever used, but it's worth it. It seems like it's going to last a very long time, and I like that you don't have to buy the case again.

This is looking like it will be my HG!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by dingo123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I live in San Antonio, TX and I'm very fair-skinned. I run a children's program, so I spend a lot of time outdoors and I don't have time for touch-ups. I've used MAC Studio Fix for years because of the convenience, but I have to say that I like this MUCH better. I had to touch up a lot less, sometimes even not at all, throughout the day. And this is after being outside and sweating. I also think that it sets better than MAC. The Studio Fix can sometimes look cakey or obvious, but the Shiseido blends in really well and looks more natural. I will still keep my Studio Fix around for when I have extra time for blending, but for someone who is busy and spends a lot of time outdoors in the the heat and sun and doesn't have time for a lot of fuss, I strongly recommend the Sun Protection Compact. And I usually burn really easily, and I can say that the sun protection is pretty good. It doesn't prevent sunburn 100%, but in my case I think it works pretty good considering I'm outside so much and that it's intensely hot in South Texas all the time.

I'm an NC 30 in MAC, and I use the SP 40 color in Shiseido. It looks really dark in the compact, but trust me, it blends right in perfectly.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by ebijou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For fair girls out there, please don't be shy of these colors! They are MUCH fairer then the pan. I have no clue why. I am N20 and it is lovely.

It does last forever. I love its good SFP as I don't wear sunscreen.

I have large pores and it makes then disappear.

I guess you get the best of mineral makeup (finish-wise) and other powder foundations (coverage and lasting power).

Love it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 9:49:00 AM More reviews by flieslikethunder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have been wearing this powder religiously since I first purchased it three months ago. It provides a great finish over my foundation, and keeps it in place for my whole workday. As a foundation, it provides light coverage, and a soft, natural finish. I love the packaging, it's compact, re-usable, and hygienic, you really can't beat it. This has been my HG daytime powder since the day I purchased it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by princessmakeup

I bought this a month ago and I love it! I live in a very hot climate so sun protection and sweat proof is a must. This is it! HG statuts. It provides excellent sun protection, and does not run or streak or oxidize on me, and lasts 12+ hours! The color selection is limited but I got matched at a counter and it's perfect for me. Coverage can be shear to full but not cakey depending on how you apply it- dry, damp sponge or with a brush. I'll buy this again and again, and since you buy the compact once and then re-fills, it's really not expensive. I will never, ever be without this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2011 6:03:00 PM More reviews by ohsoosmexy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product gives me light to medium coverage. I have no complaints about this product other than the packaging...it's a bit bulky for me. AND the SA at Dillards. Don't work at a makeup counter and not know the products. I originally bought this is sp40 with the night SA and took it back the next day to exchange. I asked for a sp30 shade and the day SA was like "they're all the same." and I was like "nooOo, they come in different shades..." I showed her where the shade was listed and she was like "Oh." Then she pushed me to try on the foundation to make sure I liked the color bc she said "if you bring it back then that's a damaged product and a return on my sales report." I was like wtf...but I told her no i'm headed back to work and I don't want to take off my makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by lulubongo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. Its so easy to apply! I just dab a little(If you use to much it looks bad) with a sponge provided. It has very natural looking colors-you can even dare to go darker than you are. It does look matte but only a bit and If I use vichy aqualia antiox under it, my face look gorgeously glowing. It doesn't clog my pores or cause allergy it covers discolorations (like allergy) quite well and stays on my face for long. And it has SPF that doesn't cause allergic reaction (most on them does it for me).
Disadvantages:
-expensive (and you can never but it really cheap even on e-bay)
-doesn't last long one compact is finished in less than 2 months
-packaging is really ugly

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by babybun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I live in Thailand and this product is just the right one to withstand the heat, sweat, and uva/uvb! long lasting, sweat-resistant, i am forever loyal to this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 8:21:00 AM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the liquid sun protection foundation and this. Ended up returning this. It is way too greasy for an all day foundation. It turns oily after an hour, and my skin looked better without makeup than with this.