January 29, 2015 | 1030 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by MaxStarz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find it very awkward to apply this foundation because it comes in a small pot and has a very soft mousse texture. Its easier for me to apply it using my fingers and I don't like doing this because its very messy. I tried using a brush but it made me look like I had just smeared it all over. It has light to medium coverage and it leaves a smooth matte finish.It made me break out horribly when I used it twice. My skin is extremely sensitive so I immediately stopped using it after the break outs. On the positive, it is very light and airy and it feels like you have nothing on your skin and the price is reasonable as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by kaysy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after wearing liquid foundation for years. i'm 65. tried it yesterday and HATE it. it's flaky and dry, looks like I immersed my face in powder after applying moisturizer. had to rub most off w tissue before leaving the house.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by hockeyprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

its dry and flakey, turns orange. gross

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by mgtfelicen

At first, I was in love with this product because it's easy to apply and has a nice airbrushed look but after a few days, I noticed that it clogs my pores and makes my skin flaky and makes my nose super oily. And I had to keep on reapplying it because it doesn't last long. Now I'm having a hard time finishing this pot

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Halyal

I have been wearing this foundation, on and off, for a few years. At the beginning I absolutely loved it, as it evened out and mattified my skin beautifully. But as I am getting older, my skin type is changing. Now, it is dry around the edges, especially in the winter. I still really like the consistency and the feel of this foundation, but I avoid it in the winter as it shows up my dry patches and IMO makes them worse. My preferred method of wear: over a moisturiser and a primer, applied with fingers (I find if I use a foundation brush, I end up smoothing it over with my fingers anyway).

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by RoseMckinley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate this foundation. It clogs your poors and oxidizes like whoa.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by susanamrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation last september while on vacation because I was running out of my BB cream and I've heard so much about it that I wanted to give it a try. I really tried to make this work on my skin. I've applied moisturizer and primer before applying Dream Matte Mousse, I'd mix moisturizer or primer to the foundation, I've applied the foundation with a brush and with my hands. I just could not make it work.
I mean, the foundation looks absolutely flawless at first (my co-worker commented on how beautiful my skin looked in the morning), but then it just vanishes shortly after, emphasizing pores and any dry patches.
I finally throw it away yesterday (argh! I hate doing that!) because I think that the foundation has contributed to make my skin even flakier and drier besides the cold we're facing this winter. I've applied another foundation this morning and my skin already looks much, much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by stargazer3

This mousse foundation is super easy to apply. No need for sponges or brushes, works great with my fingers. It goes on great and has wonderful coverage AT FIRST. With or without a primer, this foundation makes me sooo oily w/in 30min after applying. I mean really, really greasy.... even more oily than my plain skin gets alone w/out make-up. If I run my finger over my face and touch something it will even leave an oily smudge. YUCK! No other foundation has ever done this to my skin, and it doesn't naturally ever get that oily either. It also beads up over my pores and I don't have bad skin. I've also noticed it quickly turns orange on my skin as well. I might try one more mousse foundation before trying a different texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by lilmamachia

Got this randomly at Ulta along with the Dream Wonder Fluid Foundation (which is what I really purposed to get at first) since its buy 1 get 1 half off. Been looking for something that gives full coverage with a matte-airbrush finish so when I tried this and realized this does both of those things, I was SO happy. Until I looked at the back and saw the ingredients- I was shocked that it contains TONS of parabens! As you may or may not know, parabens are known to cause breast cancer. There are different types of parabens and usually in drugstore makeup, I see one or two types in a single bottle. But this one, oh my goodness...contains 5! I could not believe it. So now I'm thinking of returning it soon. But since I don't want to be biased, I still gave this 3 stars because it still gives a very good coverage and the finish is undeniably beautiful. When I wore it, it lasted all day and til the end of the night my face still looked flawless with one touch up.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by shinman1016

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this product for years and really enjoy it. I have noticed that different shades have different textures and covers differently. I like the soft airbrushed look this foundation gives. It doesn't last all day, but I have yet to find a foundation that does.