Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

on 5/29/2015 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Probably my new fave foundation. great for oily skin, it'll keep you matte for a long time. While the coverage is nice enough that's it's not too thick is buildable without looking cakey. the only complaint I have is that the packaging pot it comes in get dirty quickly.

on 5/19/2015 2:01:00 PM

This is my fail-safe foundation and I always replace it when it runs out. I use the shade 08 Light Beige and it is the best match for my skin tone I've ever found. It's also really light wearing and doesn't make your face feel heavy at all, has a matte finish but isn't drying at all which is great for my combination skin, and lasts for ages! The mousse formula is so easy to apply and I prefer it over powder and cream/liquid foundations. It just glides over your skin and makes you look airbrushed. For the price, you really can't go wrong!

I have tried over 20 drugstore foundations, where I was to the point where I was gunna ago but a $46 dollar smashbox sephora one, but my friends my had told me about this product. and normally I don't listen to people anymore about foundation because I've relized the foundations that I cannot stand , some people love. so I tried this out and can say I LOVE IT. it is DEFINETLY not pink or orange or anything. and is very build able for very light to full coverage, I normally blend in with my hands and go thru with the brush to blend in. I'm VERY pale and I used the 2nt shade&3rd shade. (forgot the color) because I don't like a real white face even though I'm pale. I like some darkness. so I got a darker color hoping it would be easy to blend, and wouldn't look bad, & it didn't. it was easy to blend on my neck, & on my face and I didn't have to cake it on, only problem is when I'd go to school it would go off after like 4 hours in certain spots and I'd have to re apply, & look oily when I don't have oily skin what's so ever.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is an amazing find from a drugstore brand! Their Dream Wonder products are very impressive. Tried the Fluid Touch, but it was very sheer and I wanted something with more coverage. This really delivers on what it claims. I haven't had a breakout reaction to this, like others seem to have had. My skin is oily and does react badly to heavy foundation, but I had no problems with this.
The package is nice and compact and portable, but it's also thick glass, so it is very heavy. I don't carry liquids in my purse anyway, but this will add weight if you do.
Formula is amazingly smooth. You dip your fingers, or sponge or brush, into the top layer of the mousse and just apply. I find the best application for me is to "tap" my fingers on the product, then "tap" it onto my face, then circular blending all over. I have no problem using it this way. Gives me the most seamless finish.
A little goes a long way with this so use a light touch. I really love the results and it lasted on my face for hours and didn't get blotchy or caked up. The colors tend to be yellow based so I tend to pick the lighter shades with Maybelline. I use the Porcelain Ivory for this product but I've used the Classic Ivory for other products.
I know this will be my go to foundation for now, really loving it!

I actually liked this stuff and the texture didn't bother me like other people. But I couldn't find a good match for my skin :(

on 4/11/2015 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted this to work so badly. But I'm very pale and both the lightest and second lightest shades were much too dark and orange on me. I'm in Canada and the products in the US can be different. I noticed online there were shades called porcelain that were probably not as orange. I'm having trouble finding matte products for my really oily skin. Even Revlon Colorstay doesn't do the trick, though their shade Buff is perfect for me.

Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Halloween!

I've tried this multiple times over the years since my sister loves it, I kept on thinking that maybe it was just my skin at the time and that as my skin changed and matured I'd understand her love of it but no, it's still as bad now as it ever was for me

I got this two months ago on a whim and because Boots had a 3 for 2 on Maybelline products so I grabbed this and a couple of concealers, none of the shades matched me well but I went for Creamy Natural

It looks like a mask when you apply it, it doesn't matter how little I use, it just looks like a beige face mask, the formula feels kind of greasy and yet powdery at the same time, it's a very strange feeling, the product does blend out well but that feeling on my skin makes me shudder

The product did last longer than it used to, I made it to the three hour mark before my nose looked like an oil slick, that being said three hours is still barely a quarter of my day so I wasn't best pleased, powdering does help a little with the staying power but the product also takes on a cakey and almost sand like apperance

But the worst thing about this stuff, yes it does get worse, is the break out it left me with, my cheeks were mountain ranges, none of the spots would come to a head and were all under my skin, they were swollen and very painful and left big lumps on my cheeks, thankfully they've gone now and the Nightmare Matte Mousse is now in the bin where it belongs

on 4/6/2015 8:07:00 PM

I don't mind the packaging but the problem I have with this product is the formula. It seemed to become dry and clump up in the container which spelled bad news for my face. It seperated on my forehead and nose and couldn't be saved with moisturizer or a beauty blender. I think there are better powder foundations and the "mousse" is just a gimmick.

on 4/5/2015 12:59:00 PM

Absolutely aweful. I had this from 12-14 and was wearing it daily. It caused me horrendious acne, created pores on parches of skin that will now never go away, it looked aweful and caked around dry skin. It has damaged my skin beyond repair please please dont use it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I bought this on a recommendation and was liking it initially but the love is gone.

At first I thought it made my skin look smooth and soft and perfect. It blended out smoothly and medium coverage. After 3 months it started looking cakey, textured, and was sinking into my laugh lines baaad. I developed some redness on my cheeks a few weeks ago, it's not bad but it doesn't fit with my make-up look, and this foundation doesn't cover it. I have to go over it with my Studio Fix Foundation Fix Plus pressed powder to cover it. I also had to apply/blend it with a sponge from the moment I bought it, it was too streaky with a brush.

The packaging is bulky but it's a pot and you have to stick your finger or something in there to get product out: very unhygienic. (I tried using the handle on my foundation brush, the foundation brush itself, and a sponge to get product it and ended up wasting more product than the hassle was worth.)

I think this is one of those products that gives drugstore products a bad name. Overall, it worked for a bit but I wouldn't buy it again. Even if it is a fraction of the price of my MAC foundations.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAYBELLINE Dream Matte Mousse foundation review [has Cancer producing ingredient] by LifeThoughtsCamera