Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse

3.0

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-):, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

One word: BUH-BYE. first of all, this is about as matte as a foundation could get. I don't enjoy having to do a full face for everyday, just some foundation, powder, blush and some mascara. WITH THIS, you look like a corpse. It literally makes the colour and dimension in ones face disappear, so if you wear this you're gonna have to contour, highlight ... Etc. Colours are deceiving, they're a lot more orange / pink and dark then they look like based on the cap. In my opinion, this product is awful. It has good coverage but I mean that's what masks do. It will cling to ANY dry spots, dry spots you didn't know you had, it cakes up around the nose (I even exfoliated) AND it accentuates your pours... Awful. Needless to say if Maybelline discontinues this I will not be depressed at all.

on 2/27/2015 4:49:00 AM

Hate it. Hate it. Hate it!
It's so thick, it felt like I was spreading peanut butter on my face. I tried applying it with a foundation brush, a stippling brush, a fluffy brush, a sponge, a beauty blender and my fingers...nothing made a difference. No matter how little product I used or how well I blended it, it always ended up looking like I was wearing a mask. Which again, I think is down to how thick the product is. It's not a "breathable" foundation either. Once it's on, it feels very heavy and sluggish and gross. It transfers onto everything it touches too...I set it with powder and a setting spray, and it still ended up on my clothes, in my hair and on my husband's face. The range of shades at a first glance is very good, but they all have a very orange/pink undertone which is no good for people with very pale, almost translucent skin like me. Even the lightest shade is 3 or 4 shades too dark for me. The packaging is good, and the amount of product you get for your money is very good, but that's totally irrelevant for me because I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

the color I got was a bit dark for me so I used it as a contour. It's thick and I have sensitive skin so even if it's the right color I prob won't use it as a foundation

on 2/23/2015 4:55:00 PM

Great even coverage that lasts all day. Good value for money. My only critic would be the packaging. I'm a lover of my false nails and the pot is small so you're better to apply foundation with a brush instead of your fingertips!!

on 2/21/2015 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love the coverage and texture makes me look flawless & the foundation lasts all day

on 2/18/2015 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this in dark 3 since I was 14. So 9 almost 10 years. I still use it until this day.Lasts a long time and one of the only foundations I can find in my exact skin color.

on 2/11/2015 7:53:00 AM

Holy Grail foundation!! I saw my sister use this when we were on vacation in Mexico, and her face looked FLAWLESS, even though it was hot and we were walking near the beach. I had to try it for myself, so I bought a jar. The texture is so unique and it melts like butter on your face, but it doesn't feel heavy and cakey. I would recommend that you apply this with a damp beauty blender (sponge) to soak up the excessive product, and set it with some powder. Very cheap and totally worth it!

on 2/9/2015 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I am an nc44-45 and I had this foundation in the shade caramel. I loved this foundation for my blemished acne prone skin until I found out that it has parabens, which isn't good for me as I have PCOS and parabens may interact with my estrogen levels so I avoid it on my skin.

If maybelline take out the parabens and use an alternative preservative, then I would repurchase the new formula.

on 2/8/2015 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love the consistency of the product the fact that it feels so light on the face and isn't cakey is a plus but the down fall is that it transfers very easily, the darkest shade is dark coco 3 which is Wat I was and it seemed a bit light on my face. To me it not a photo ready foundation as it looks patchy on my photos and I size is pretty small and would last maybe a month depending on how much u use.

I used this for a while because I don't like the heaviness that comes with using a liquid foundation. This works OK. Nothing special. It did not match my skin well it was too orange. The next shade up and down did not match me either. It's a nice, airy, light foundation but it's nothing great. I probably would not purchase again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAYBELLINE Dream Matte Mousse foundation review [has Cancer producing ingredient] by LifeThoughtsCamera