December 18, 2014 | 1583 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by anyasreviews

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This was the first "real" foundation I used and I love it! My T-Zone gets super oily but this foundation completely stops that! I use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder with this and I never get oily skin whilst wearing it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Missmakeup789

I have LIVED by this foundation for the past few years, lately though it hasn't worked the same and I get a new one every month. I have reaaaally oily skin. And wearing this foundation it looks flawless for about 4 hours, then the oil starts showing and it gets greasy and i can literally see my finger prints if I were to touch my face. I am trying something new today but this will be my go-to foundation if this other foundation doesn't work out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

My feelings about this foundation can be summed up in one word: HORRIBLE! I've tried the Dream Matte Airfoam and didn't like it. But I actually really like the Dream Matte Liquid Mousse. I was curious about this makeup. In the Dream Matte Liquid Mousse, creamy natural is a good match for me. So I bought this in creamy natural as well. BIG mistake. The Creamy Natural in the Mousse makeup is quite a bit darker than the same shade in the Dream Mousse liquid. I could tell as soon as I opened the jar that it was going to be WAY too dark. I could tell just by placing my finger in the mousse. Needless to say, I wasn't about to put it on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by iHaileyloco

I am a makeup artist,and this is my favorite drugstore foundation hands down. I have acne but not necessarily oily skin..so it works perfect for coverage and love the matte finish it gives! I have been using this product for years now and I always get compliments on how nice my skin looks!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by MrsPeet15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Undoubtedly the best drugstore foundation I have found for me. Their fairest shade is petfect for my skin......im a typical redhead, white as a ghost! I love the texture, it instantly mattifies and it lasts an acceptably long time for the very small price. Ive been using it along side the dream illumination concealer (cheap version of Touchè eclat) and their matt maker powder untill I can get back to a department store, and its been great. Best thing of all? IT ACTUALLY STAYD MATTE! ITS A MIRACLE! No greasy face by lunch time! Only downside is the pot with the screw on lid, simply because I find it a bit inconvinient to use, otherwise, my favourite budget make up so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 12:41:00 PM More reviews by LilMissMatched

I see there are a ton of negative reviews for this stuff, and some mixed reviews. Many people don't like this foundation, and with good reason. I personally like this as a drugstore choice because the coverage is good and it stays very matte like the name promises. For somebody with oil, problem skin with acne scarring and redness, this foundation covers very well. A little goes a long way...a wee little scoop from the jar and it covers my whole face. I don't like the packaging...it's very unsanitary, and as some other reviewers mentioned, it has silicone and other nasties in it. I rotate foundation very frequently, and I feel like slathering on face makeup every day for years and years can't be good for your face or skin period...some brands market themselves as better for your skin, but I don't really buy into that hype. I think it's all marketing, and those brands target Eco-conscious consumers who they know will buy a product just because it's carefully labeled as "better your skin, better for the environment", at an inflated price. This maybelline is like $10 at the drugstore and works for heavy scarring but I wouldnt use it everyday...it's much too heavy. I rotate it w/ my Lancôme, my Almay, my Holika Holika Petit BB, and my bareMinerals, among others. It's a decent drugstore buy and it works good for certain things like most everything else. It has it's uses and delivers well for those particular uses: covering up moderate scarring w/out having to use concealer (I don't wear normally use concealer, I hate it's consistency), keeping shine away, and for nighttime wear, not so good w/ direct natural sunlight wear IMO b/c it's so heavy & can appear mask like. Another reason I like it is I have found a good color match in this foundation...it's very difficult for me to find a believable shade that blends seamlessly into my skin. So... I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by ness321

Words can't express how much I hate this foundation. My friends and I all wore at school. It's dreadful, I know people who have scars from repeatedly covering bad skin (acne etc) with this stuff and making it worse. This foundation made me run a mile from anything with the word 'matte' in it for about 3 years.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by TropicalLana

I am. So pale.
Like, pale to the point I need sunscreen at night. (Okay, maybe not, but I'm close.) I like Maybelline foundations/powders because it means that I'll have a pretty wide range of color choices for my skin. I use the lightest that they make, which happens to be 'porcelain ivory'. It comes in a little glass container, and it is plenty for 1-2 months use depending on how often you use it.
This is stuff is THICK. If you are looking for a lot of coverage, this is definitely your thing. It blends exceptionally well, and if you have moderately clear skin and use some finishing powder it's really hard to tell you're wearing foundation! The problem with it is that it is thick, meaning if you wear it all day, it will clog your pores.
And you will get acne.
And you will be sad.
So with that in mind, great stuff! Cheap and you can buy it at CVS.
Just be aware and wash your face very well after wearing it!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by kmjvkmp

Hello All ,

PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW AND TAKE IT INTO STRONG CONSIDERATION.

First I would like to say thanks to all those who do these reviews if it wasn't for them I would be lost as to the good and bad effects to so many products !

It is in my STRONG RECOMMENDATION that you do not use this product it is very harmful long term to your skin in my own experience and opinion.

I used this product for almost 2 years and loved the coverage and smooth finish , then about 5 months ago I started to break out on my chin and and a little on my cheeks and a lot on my forehead. Before using this product I had pretty good skin I would maybe get a zit here or there around my monthly period nothing serious. Then all the sudden I was getting mild to moderate acne and hyper-pigmentation , I was lost I chalked it all up too stress, hair products and coconut oil ( which is also not always great for everyone as a face moisturizer due to its high comedogenic rating but thats another review) but never once did I think it was due to my cover up.
Then I came on here and read similar stories how after prolonged use others where experiencing serve acne breakouts due to this product and it turns out prolonged use of silicone on the skin can cause severe irritation and acne as well as the fact that the packaging is a pool for bacteria being in a little pot in which you constantly are using a make up tool to touch all the contents of the pot daily versus a pump or squeeze bottle.

The ingredients in this product to avoid are :
dimethicone, dimethicone copolymer, hydrogenated jojoba oil, trimethicone

Anything with a "cone" at the end is a silicone and can prove terrible for you skin after prolonged use unfortunately its in a ton of products including shampoo , conditioner , creams and lotion etc. Please save your self and avoid these ingredients.
Note : Avoid any cover up in stick form they are the worst of the worst for silicones.

I also listed Jojoba oil because I read that if you can avoid oils in your make up its much better for your skin as they can clog your pores preventing them from breathing. Jojoba oil as well as other oils are better as cleansers or moisturizers not mixed with make-up or other chemical based cosmetics.

For many months I was trying everything natural and powerful and proven to heal my acne but it persisted to come back and in some places turn cystic or create little bumps ( clogged pores ) in certain areas. I even switched to Maybelline Mineral Foundation another Big NO NO it is even worse that the Maybelline Dream Mousse. Needless to say I have switched brands and now my skin has started to heal so much faster than before. But I warn you save yourself the trouble its not worth the risk or heart ache to use this product.

My new make- up alternative is Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Lifting and firming effect
which is :
Hypoallergenic , Fragrance Free , Gluten Free , Paraben Free , Dermatologist Approved , Non- Comedogenic

LOOK UP THE REVIEWS FOR IT AND FOR EVERYTHING YOU CHOOSE TO PUT ON YOUR SKIN .
READ AND KNOW THE INGREDIENTS AND DON'T BE FOOLED BY A FEW NATURAL INGREDIENTS OR NATURAL PRODUCT CLAIMS DO YOUR RESEARCH :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by chrstnalauren

This is one of my favourite foundations.

I have very oily skin and often have a hard time finding a foundation that will stay matte all day. But then I found this one at the drug store and decided to give it a shot. I am so happy that I spent the money and tried this out.

The texture is very bizarre, it almost feels like it's dry and the application at first is very thick but after blending it all in the outcome is beautiful! I have finally found the perfect solution to my oily skin.

First I put on my lightweight foundation, followed by this... and then a pressing powder and let me tell you, my makeup looks the same at night as it did in the morning. No need for re-application.

I recommend this product to anyone who is looking for good coverage and an all day matte coverage.