November 25, 2014 | 1735 users online

Fragrance - Comme des Garcons - Comme des Garcons 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by luyuan

Comme des Garcons 2 was a total surprise to me. Having read the notes of the fragrance, I was under the impression that this was one of CdG's more experimental scents that few people enjoy wearing but can appreciate sniffing just once. Moreover, I thought it would be heavy (due to the cedarwood, patchouli, incense, labdanum, cumin, and vetiver).

The top notes of fragrance do cause it start out with a metallic smell but in a light and airy manner, not in a the industrial, aggressive, edgy fashion one might expect. The metallic notes quickly reveal themselves to be the sumi ink, which is in fact a very warm but metallic smell. I love the inspiration of sumi ink since I've studied Chinese calligraphy and associate the strong smell of the ink with the very meditative practice of calligraphy. After the initial ink notes bloom, a strong bouquet of magnolia comes through and the two primary notes marry to form a feminine and light scent that has significant lasting power. All of the heavier notes create a subtle, warm base for the fragrance and don't overpower the floral and ink composition.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2007 12:36:00 PM More reviews by SpinDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I need to step in here and put some order to this like it / hate it scent. I am a LOVE it wearer. I'd give it a 4.5 if I could. CDG2 is an HG for me... a very clean and unique scent, unlike any other I know. I do not find it cold or metalic at all

I smell the ink note... I really do.. yet, it reminds me of ink dropped on the leaf of a sterling silver rose... a cool rose scent... with a breeze of fresh fall air blowing across the top.

I've worn this scent in the summer in Hawaii and in the coldest weather wrapped in a warm wool sweater.

If you are a lover of unique scents - give this one a try. Cool bottle too. Wish it stood up on its own!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2006 2:16:00 PM More reviews by SniffQ

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OK, I have an odd skin chemistry. Fragrances others adore smell like the water in a vase after the flowers died. I got a sample of CdG2, and after reading the reviews, didn't try it on. The label fell off, and I tried the mystery fragrance. It was heavenly. Sumi ink, absolute mate--I didn't recognize them, but the sillage was there, but not overwhelming, and the fragrance changed every ten minutes. My nose didn't quite discovering it for hours. When it settled down, it was welcoming with incense and something that smelled to me like rose, although there is no rose in it. It took me months to figure out what the mystery fragrance was, and two samples later, it became full-bottle worthy. It's my favorite now, because it does weather transitions well. For me, a must-have

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2006 10:45:00 AM More reviews by veruska

this is one of the most normal in mho cdg perfumes i've evr tried.it's not mindblowing but in my skin i always get the notes of amber in the middle and on the drydown a spicy cumin?i don't particulary like the first time it touches my skin so i give it only three

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2006 5:08:00 PM More reviews by MrLovejoy

this is my number one favourite fragrance. hands down. it opens fresh, but not that aqua fresh, a much different fresh. there's alot in the middle, and finishes with comfy smokey woodsy incense notes. light and dark in contrast but it works together so well! this is an impeccably blended fragrance. it lasts. the packaging is great (not mind blowing, but great).
wonderful on guys, nice on girls, although i wouldnt deem this a particularly feminine fragrance. i always must own a bottle, and its great that cdg is always coming out with another limited edition bottle of it whenever you run out. great to collect!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2005 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Hye_Park_Lover

Love this scent. Although the initial gush up the nostrals after spritzing the perfume is somewhat harsh, the drydown period is lovely. For me, it brings back pleasant nolstalgic memories of my childhood in China. I recognise the scent, as it is the identical scent of hand-crafted wooden fans, made from naturally scented wood of a certain type of tree. So yes, this would definitely be a purchase for me, but I'd imagine that if you don't share this experience or you're not into oriental stuff, you'd be doubtful of this scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2005 10:37:00 PM More reviews by chattykathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Here is the description of the notes of this fragrance: Notes:
Japanese Sumi Ink, Patchouli Oil, Chinese Cedarwood Oil, Magnolia, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Green Mate, Angelica Root, New Aldehyde. To be honest, these notes are basically all turn offs to me and the combination sounds awful. Not to mention that Patchouli is something that ruins everything it is in for me. Well, if I hadn't been sitting next to another MUA'er who was wearing it I never would have given this a chance. The scent drove me nuts. I kept getting wafts of it and wondering what it was. After asking about it, my buddy pulled out her decant of it and let me try a little. It was initially horrible. Could this be the same scent?? Within 30 minutes it was indeed that yummy scent I had admired. I hate to do this to you, dear reader, but for the first time I am at a loss to describe something. I don't even know what I'm smelling here. It is just really wonderful and great smelling. It's not too woody, sweet, floral, musky...it is JUST RIGHT. It smells like a really delicious person. I would definitely ask what it was (as I did) if I smelled this on someone. Thankfully for me, the patchouli did not show itself for me. Lasting power was all day long but in no way was it overpowering. Do try this one, I think it is one of the most unique and easy to wear things I have ever smelled in my three years of intensive sniffing on MUA. BTW, this is just called Comme Des Garcons 2, there is also a CdG 2 men and a CDG 2 women. This is just plain ole CdG 2. It is in a silver bottle and it is the original 2.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2005 10:15:00 PM More reviews by iceprincess316

When I read the description for this fragrance, it totally fascinated me. It really intrigued me but I was also a bit apprehensive. Unfortunately when I sprayed it on in the store, it stunk to high heaven (or hell) and it did offend some people around me. Good thing that the salesladies rushed me rubbing alcohol to take it off. I would have really loved to be able to wear such an unique scent, but unfortunately, I can't.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2005 1:34:00 PM More reviews by evalien

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A lovely perfume. The ink note is fascinating, it's a oriental, flowery incense type of smell. I've bought the Pocket size bottle which is terribly cute.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2005 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Maller

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

CdG 2 starts out with such promise. Sumi ink blocks. Pure, glorious ink and florals with a touch of incense. Fascinating. Highly original. I'm thrilled! But in a very short time it subsides on my skin into a simple aldehydic floral with some fruity notes and a touch of incense and the faintest hint of cumin to keep it moderately interesting. It's a fragrance I get compliments on and I do enjoy wearing from time to time when I want a fruity floral iin the summer. I also quite like the LE bottles of this fragrance. However, it feels like putting on a stunningly original Vivienne Westwood or CdG coat and then removing it to show a lovely, but not overly interesting Celine shift dress underneath. Still attractive and elegant, but not in sync with the *wow* factor of the coat. I think I want new skin chemistry for Christmas. Or maybe new olfactory receptors. I want this to be on my skin what it clearly is on other people's - spicier, woodsier and I'd even be happy with the metallic note (although I wonder if I don't interpret that as sumi ink blocks).