Creative Nail Design Solar Oil

4.3

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate.

on 12/15/2013 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

When I first got gel nails done, the woman suggested I get Solar oil and use it religiously. I have problems with overgrown and dry cuticles also-solar oil has taken all of that away. I use this everyday, several times a day. This stuff really works. I find it cost effective to go online and buy the big 2 oz size. Go out and get this!

on 11/26/2013 9:53:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this product. It keeps my cuticles moisturized and smooth. It smells amazing and the smell actually makes me want to use it more.

Yes, I do think it is a little overpriced and that there is nothing really 'special' to it - it is just a few different oils mixed together and I could probably whip it up myself at home. Would I want the hassle of mixing it up at home? No way.

on 10/26/2013 2:45:00 PM

I got my first manicure in 1990, and that stylist put Solar Oil on my nails to dry my polish quicker. I had never heard of it before and was amazed at how well it worked, so I bought a bottle. I have never been without it in 23 years. I have recently started applying it nightly as a cuticle conditioning oil, but I have always used it as a nail polish dryer every time I paint my nails. Love the smell, consistency, and especially the way it dries my polish in minutes. Will continue to purchase oner and over.

on 9/20/2013 6:25:00 PM

Definitely a HG product for me! I love cuticle oils and have many different brands, scents, etc. And this one is by far my favorite!! It sinks in fast, very moisturizing, and smells great! The price is in the middle for me. Supply stores have it for a reasonable price, while it's kinda pricey at Ulta. Bottom line- great product and definitely repurchasing!

on 8/5/2013 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Another HG from CND!
I purchased this 5 years ago, and didn't get the hype.
Fast forward to this year - dried out nails that with a painful vertical split past the quick, they broke off and had no bend in them. Eraser sorted my cuticles, but nails were still as above. The usuals weren't working - avoplex, Flexitol, L'occitane, LF and I returned to this in desperation. Luckily it's worked. I felt it absorb right from the 1st application. The vertical split has healed for the first time in 2 years and I've only had 1 broken nail in the 6 weeks I've been using. So this and eraser are now staples and my nails have been transformed from splitting, breaking with bleeding sore cuticles to actually quite nice. I use it 2x daily, and eraser 3x daily, with L'occitane shea hand cream 2x daily. It's such a relief not to have to hide my hands from people anymore.

Update Nov '13. Have found out I'm anaemic, so if your dryness is due to anaemia it may help. With continued use, this has also removed deep vertical ridges in my thumb nail that I've had for around 3 years.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

There are no words to explain my love for this product. I am a cuticle care freak and this is my holy grail. I have repurchased countless times. I have one in my bag, one at home, one at my boyfriends, one at my parents house, and several back ups in my drawer.
The smell is phenomenal and this is the most moisturising cuticle treatment that I have found.
It dries quickly and it not greasy. It dried nail polish too!
I will always love this and continue to buy it. No product will ever take its place.

on 5/10/2013 8:18:00 AM

I've been using this for less than a week and it's totally saved my ravaged cuticles. Amazing and worth the $.

on 3/27/2013 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I started using this when I got Shellac(ed), I don't do Shellac any longer (destroyed my nails) but I continued to use for my routine nail care. I bought a refillable Brush Pen on www.sage.com and filled it with Solar Oil to use on the go. It's an expensive product when you consider it cost about $12 an ounce on AMAZON, which I found was the cheapest price. When I buy the refillable pen and put my own Solar Oil in it the total cost with shipping average $5.50 a pen, Sally Hansen sells a pen at Ulta for $7, and Sephora sells the pen for $12 !! So you can see the cost savings and it's Solar Oil in MY PENS which is a great product and smells good also.

on 3/15/2013 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

What is it?
Jojoba & vegetable oil and perfume.

What does it do?

Claims are made that it will "hydrate and protect" your cuticles and "drive" nutrients deep within the nail bed.

yeah...the molecules are not small enough for that black magic F*ckery. There is only ONE oil that can do that: squalene.

Again, What is it?

Over priced vegetable oil.

What does it do?

Nothing.

Just use Vaseline and cotton gloves.
Or, go to your cupboard and slather on some olive oil. Much more effective in cost and results.
Stop falling for the hype.

on 3/14/2013 9:42:00 PM

What a hidden treasure! My neighbour recommended this to me after noticing my cuticles were so dry and the skin around my nails was sore and bleeding at times (gross I know)!
The first two nights I slathered this on and wore cotton gloves to bed and they were much better the very next day. Now I apply it throughout the day. It sinks in quick, isn't too overpowering smell wise and is easily applied with the applicator brush.
I've heard it helps your nail polish dry quicker but I haven't tried that yet.
I've been using my bottle like crazy and the product doesn't seem to be disappearing so I think it's great value for money.
Hope this helps.