September 20, 2014 | 1238 users online

Other - MAC - Mixing Medium Water Based

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2008 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Giddylondon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The first item I tried that I thought would be worth the hype...NOT! I have make up forevers "eye seal" which is easy to use and overall an amazing product! The mac mixing medium just seems to water down the pigment and they apply like watercolors..opaque and ..disappointing. I thought it was going to intensify them! It seems really messy..Duwop has a new product that is made to intensify eye shadows. I am soo glad I spent 17 dollars on this mixing "water". grr

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2008 8:10:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this product for bringing out the intensity of pigments and adding to the 'foiling' process but overall, I don't think it adds much wearing time to my shadows or liners by itself, without a base, such as UDPP, Fyrinnae silken eyeshadow base, or MAC paint. I prefer to put a drop on my brush and just get it barely wet, rub through the E/S, liner or crease brush, then dip brush in pigment, pat brush gently on the lid of the pigment jar or container to remove excess, and then pat slighty moistened pigment on brush, onto the eye area. It does definitely bring out the intensity to pigments and mineral eyeshadows. This process has been especially a wonderful thing to discover with my Fyrinnae eyeshadow pigments - you can't get them too wet, or make them like a paste/mud, but just a drop of the mixing medium to slightly dampen the brush really makes a difference. I had been using Visine as a mixing medium but I think it was making my eyelids slightly red, when I would remove my eye makeup I would notice a bit of a redness that was not there before. I haven't had any allergic reactions to this, thus far. But, I still need a base to keep my mineral e/s from creasing and something to provide a foundation to build them on top of, otherwise they don't stay on (BE, Fyrinnae). MAC's pigments, on the other hand, stayed pretty well on their own, but the color is not as intense without mixing medium. Also, for fine work, such as lining with pigment or mineral shadows, you really need a mixing medium such as this. I will remember the other tips here about saving Fluidlines- I am going to try this with my Clinique black honey liner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2008 12:12:00 PM More reviews by brookecouture

This product is amazing for pigments. I dab a bit on my brush, pat the brush lightly on the pigment color and smooth over my lids. AMAZING. A shiny, wet beautiful finish that does not budge! I only kept samples of pigments because, while I liked them, I hated the fall out, that no matter what you do always comes. This totally erases fall out!
I think my pigment addiction has only just begun and it is definately because of the mixing medium!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2008 1:36:00 PM More reviews by ladyofmirkwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I loved this product when I got it. It was everything I imagined it to be... until it ruined my pigments yes, it ruined my pigments and my eyelids. I developed an allergic reaction to it, it stung at first and I ignored it then... after 3 uses it made my eye swell up for 4 weeks no joke. Then I had to put jojoba oil on them for weeks because they had been chemically burned which means no eyeshadow for that long can you imagine?? This is definately not for sensitive people. at first I didn't want to believe it and used it again, big mistake. I don't know if they formulated it wrong or what but now I cant use the pigments I used with it because i used the stuff in the lid and didnt wipe it out after so I guess it contaminated them because when I try to use those pigments I get another painful itchy swollen eye. I loved how nice it kept my glitter on, but it is just a horrible experience to go through not to mention the money wasted. I would recommend using a primer or paint pot and then applying the pigments and glitters that will work and you don't have to worry about a reaction. If you try this good luck.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2007 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I really liked this product when I first bought it, but over time I developed a strange allergic reaction to it. At first it just tingled. Then it started to sting a little and now even a little drop HURTS like the devil taking a piss on my face. That really sucks because l really like the end result of pigments with this product, I just can't handle the sting.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2007 12:40:00 PM More reviews by masqued_dreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love my mixing medium! I've tried it with both Pigments and glitters and it works beautifully to adhere to the skin with both. Pigments come to life with mixing medium. Yesterday i wore all girl, blue storm and vanilla and they made everything so much more vibrant than with just using UDPP and paint as a base. I would highly recommed this product to anyone who uses pigments and/or glitters. It's a must have for every makeup artist or makeup junkie. I don't know how i survived so long without this item in my kit!

Price: $15 USD

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2007 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Recently my parents went to vegas so i sent my mom with a shopping list, this was on it.

I have only used it a couple times so far but it's cool, i will be using it often with my pigments. I have oily skin so i won't be able to use it without a primer on my eyes or it will crease but so far the few times i have used it i've liked it very much. I will always keep a supply of it in my stash.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2007 12:15:00 PM More reviews by vintagepinupgirl

I finally understand what everyone means when they classify a product as their "holy grail". I can never keep my eyeshadow from creasing, ever. 1 drop an application of this stuff and I get the most beautiful, vibrant staying shadow possible. My favorite is this combined with pigments, of course. It lasted a whole work day in which I repeatedly danced and jumped around in a talent show (I'm a teacher) I used 1 drop per application with air de blu yesterday at 7 in the morning and I came home at 7:45 pm looking like I had just applied. I got this for a steal on ebay so if you can find it there then you can find a great deal. I love this stuff and will never be without it. Also you get an insane amount in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2007 3:58:00 PM More reviews by treecatd

THis product has not only saved a million of my fluidlines as everytime i use one , i add a drop and just seal the jar tight, but has given pigments and e/s a whole new life!!! It's truly fantastic, i just add a drop to my brush or two ,depending on what i'm doing and then just dip my brush in shadow/piggy and apply. then i take a dry brush and soften /blend the edges! people always ask me about my eye makeup and how i get so intense colour and staying power :) UDPP is an overrated product in my opintion :) i love it so much i believe health-insurance should cover the cost for everybody- LOL

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2006 11:57:00 AM More reviews by tragicdecay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i got a sample of this from a friend. normally when i apply my MAC pigments i use eye drops to apply them wet - its dirt cheap and works REALLY well. so when i got this MAC sample, i wasnt expecting much. well...I LOVE IT! because it is more of a gel it is a lot less messy than using liquidy eye drops...and i found when applying pigments, they went on a lot more evenly using the mixing medium as opposed to eye drops the only thing i didnt like was the scent. it smells a lot like glue...it stinks. i would definetly purchase this item but because MAC is so damned expensive, i plan on sticking to eye drops. however, if you can afford it or want to splurge, i definetly suggest this stuff!