MAC Satin - Arena

4.5

on 5/24/2012 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

PERFECT subtle highlighter for my NW45 skin. I have used it with plenty of different color combinations and it has the same effect

on 5/9/2012 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

A great and strangely overlooked neutral. This is a warm peach/apricot satin with just a hint of shimmer. To me this is a colour cross between Tissueweight and Pollinator. It goes on smoothly, blends well and is friendly with other warmtoned es. I mostly use this as a wash with brown el for a fast not too 'done' look.

on 4/26/2012 7:39:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have recently decided to move towards more natural looking eyeshadows rather than very frosty or glittery shadows as I am now in my early 40s. I have fair yellow toned skin, brown eyes, red hair. I was wearing mac rubenesque paint pot on the lids, a touch of mac all that glitters in the center of the lid to brighten it up, and ricepaper as highlighter. I have replaced rubenesque with arena for a more natural apricot look on my lids. I apply it rather liberally. Then I add a touch of Mac Grain e/s in the center of the lid to brighten it up the way I used to with All that Glitters. I still use ricepaper to highlight and I add Mac forever green e/l for a natural daytime look.

on 4/17/2012 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

This shade nicely compliments my green eyes.
I have to be careful with peachy shades since i"m so fair however this doesn"t come off orangish at all but rather a light apricot.
Really nice.

on 3/19/2012 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like this colour. I use it in the crease with the brown from my Belissima duo on top, or on my lid with Antiqued in the crease.

on 3/1/2012 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

NC25/NW25ish. Arena is a pretty peachy-tan color. However I find it almost too natural looking on my lids even when I pack it on. It blends in. I would rather have an eyeshadow with a little more omph to it. I may try to use this as a highlighter. I would not repurchase.

on 12/7/2011 12:37:00 AM

This eye shadow is the one constant I've had in my make-up bag since I started wearing make-up ten years ago in 8th grade. I'm Filipina, and I don't like wearing lots of eye makeup other than liner and mascara, even though I have an eyelid fold. I feel like eye make-up that looks beautiful on non-Asians sometimes looks really "heavy" on Asians...although I have been trying to keep an open mind lately and try new stuff. But for now I'd rather just keep it simple. Luckily, this eye shadow does the job. It's satiny, not shimmery/glittery, eyeshadow that complements my yellow-hued skin well. It looks like my skin, but better. As a reference, the last time I checked I was NC40, but I haven't bought MAC Studio Fix since high school (college and grad school means cutting back on expensive cosmetics). Although I'm still pretty tan naturally, I'd say my skin tone now is more similar to Mila Kunis or Vanessa Hudgens when they were on That 70s Show or in High School Musical, respectively (although I'm no where as gorgeous). My skin tone is more like a fair-medium with a yellow hue, but like them it doesn't look "off" when I am darker due to being outside. But whether I'm tan or not, this eye shadow looks great. Sometimes I put this as a highlighter, sometimes on my entire eyelid. Either way I've gotten many compliments on how my eye make-up looks really nice even when they can't tell what's different about it. It lasts a long time as well.

on 12/5/2011 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Maybe its just my individual shadow, but this has no colour payoff, no pigmentation, doesn't go on the brush, doesn't show up. Not impressed, unfortunately.

on 9/26/2011 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have been using Arena for nearly 3 years, it is one of my favorites by far. It feels very nice and soft. Slightly shimmery which I love.

on 9/25/2011 11:53:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of MAC's underrated eyeshadows. One of the MUAs recommended it to me when I said I was looking for a orange eyeshadow to make my blue eyes pop. I absolutely love this colour! It's great for daytime looks with cork in the crease. I'm so glad that the MUA recommended it!

Top Rated MAC Products