BeneFit Cosmetics Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

3.7

on 1/31/2014 10:14:00 AM

My mum and sister absolutely adore this, and say they couldn't live without it. I on the other hand can take it or leave it. Sure, I'll keep it in my desk at work and use it for emergencies but I won't bother buying it again when it runs out - which it probably won't as it lasts ages (which is a plus if you like it). Reasons for this are:

1. I'm fairer skinned than my family and even the lightest shade Spin the Bottle is a little too yellow for me.
2. I have an oily t-zone and this product is too 'moist'. It slides off straightaway if I knock it i.e. by scratching my nose.

The plus side: If you have time to set it as soon as you've applied it (I find warm fingers work it in well) it provides a good coverage - great for emergencies.

I'd recommend this to people with skin on the dry side and with olive undertones.

on 8/11/2013 4:21:00 PM

This is one of my favourite foundations, it goes on creamy and works best if you apply with a brush I use smash box no 13 brush, it has long lasting wear and has a high coverage the only down fall is the price, it cost me €39 and lasted about 6 weeks, packaging is very handy for on the go but I did find a lot of product was hard to get at when you get down to the end.

on 6/28/2013 12:42:00 PM

Too bad this is being discontinued. It is one of the better foundations I have tried lately. Color match was problematic with only 4 choices but they blend so well that the colors are pretty forgiving. Great coverage. Glides over pores. It covers like a cream foundation but lasts so much better and did not get oily or break down. The lasting power was not quite like ELDW or Colorstay but held up pretty darn well in high humidity. When it wears off it is pretty even. Foolproof - slap it on, blend, and go.

This stick is stupid expensive but everything is these days. I said "yes" to rebuy but I won't rebuy knowing it is going bye-bye. Why do all the good products get discontinued and crappy ones stay forever?

on 6/27/2013 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this foundation so much but the only problem is I have dry skin so it accentuates my dry patches. On the other hand it makes my skin so flawless and leaves a matte finish. PLUS my pores are actually hidden by this foundation. I just wish it could be more moisturizing.

After using Estée Lauders Maximum Coverage Double Wear I completely broke out in spots for the last three months so 3 weeks ago I stopped using it and went looking for a new foundation and I stumbled across the benefit counter! I asked what was their best foundation for full coverage and I was colour matched to Tea Party in the Playsticks range (it was the wrong colour completely), I was pushed into buying it and regretted it the second I came home! But I eventually got used to it only to my shock discovery that it only lasted me 2 weeks!!! It was completely gone after just two weeks. I applied it directly to my face and as I like the full coverage look I would put a few strokes on! But two weeks for the price I payed (€36) it was a complete waste of money! I would only recommend this product if you use it sparingly and not everyday! Otherwise complete waste of money! Found a new foundation which I love so wont be budging from that for a while!

on 5/31/2013 7:57:00 AM

I've been wearing this product for years, but in different ways. I originally would use it as a foundation, but the face IMMEDIATELY became shiny and oily-looking, so I only use it as a concealer on certain areas of my cheeks where I have discoloration on top of my foundation and it seems to work well. You do have to set it with a powder, but overall the lasting power and coverage is great.

One tip: It can definitely be used as a highlighter because of the luminous look it gives your skin when used in certain places. If used carefully, it won't look cakey and the stick will last you for quite a while!

on 5/21/2013 6:14:00 AM

I tried to apply this in a range of ways but no matter how I would apply it it would always turn super orange on me. Sad considering how much it was and how much I wanted to like it.

on 4/10/2013 12:31:00 PM

Love this product!! It goes on smooth, covers what needs to be covered, but looks natural on my skin. Hope they never discontinue this product!!!

on 3/30/2013 3:29:00 AM

As a die-hard makeup bargain-hunter I'm loathe to spend this kind of money especially on a foundation as it's a product I use every day with multiple touch-ups; however I get so many compliments on my skin when I wear this I couldn't resist repurchasing. While even with the lightest shade the colour leans just slightly too dark and on the yellow side, I find a light application and blending with a regular flat foundation brush are enough to ensure a natural looking application. My favourite thing about this foundation though is that it can also be used as a concealer, as I have major problems finding concealers to match the colour and texture of most of my liquid foundations - this I can just dab on as and when needed with my little finger or a concealer brush, and as the stick is so light and portable it saves me having to carry a separate concealer when on the go. Also I do find the look and texture of my skin tends to improve as I wear this, presumably down to the ingredients (green tea, chamomile and ginkgo biloba). As I tend not to use this every day (especially not for work!) it does tend to last a few months but I doubt I could justify the price for an everyday foundation.

on 1/29/2013 9:20:00 AM

I've just repurchased this, and I'm not generally a repurchaser, so that tells you something.

I use the colour paper doll; it's a fraction too dark for me but a good blending makes it look fine.

The smell is lovely, lavender, and having read lavender is antibacterial, there might be something in it as my skin is the best it has ever been with this.

I went back to Mac Studiofix for just a few days and broke out again, so knew there was something good about this.

It's easy to put on as it's in a stick - I just swipe on forehead, cheeks, nose and chin and get blending. Seems to have fairly decent staying power - maybe 6 hours of looking really good.

Slightly greasy feel to the fingers but it does seem quite moisturising.

The packaging is great and I plan to buy a spare to keep in my handbag.

The only negative is that the stick isn't very big (although when you get to the bottom there's a lot of product left that you can dig out).

Would love to have a greater range of colours.