Garnier Sleek and Shine Conditioner

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

New Formulation 7/2011: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Palm Oil, Behentrimonium Chloride, Apple Fruit Extract, Glycerin, Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCI, Apricot Kernel Oil, Citric Acid, Sugar Cane Extract,Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Yellow 5, Lemon Peel Extract, Yellow 6, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aminomethyl Propanol.

on 12/12/2012 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This was great for the first couple weeks. It left my hair very smooth and shiny, everyone would reach for it and comment how great my hair was. After a couple of weeks I started noticing my hair wasn't as dark and looked fried if it hadn't been conditioned that same day. My hair dresser commented on poor state of my hair and had to trim more than usual. In the end this did fry my hair. This is also the last product I will ever try from Garnier, everything else I have tried was also damaging to my hair.

on 10/24/2012 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have really thick, fairly coarse hair, with really dry ends and this conditioner worked really well for me. This has left my hair feeling more soft than any conditioner I've tried in a long time. It also really does control frizz, and kept my hair nice and sleek. As with all Garnier products, this conditioner smells really nice and the smell stays in your hair for a decent time. Would definitely buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Don't buy this crap. Used this for years, now it's loaded with silicones and cheap ingredients. If you care at all about your hair, you'll stay away from this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I stopped using this product back in 2007 and forgot why. I was in the market for some new shampoo and the smell of this made my buy it again. I quickly remembered why I stopped using it when I noticed I was losing way more hair in the shower than usual. I know people lose hair and I often shed when I am stressed but this was way more than usual. Once I stopped using this product and switched back to my usual shampoo my hair immediately stopped falling out. It smells great but that's about the only thing. I will definitely not repurchase again!

on 7/22/2012 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The Sleek and Shine shampoo was not available at our Walmart, unfortunately, but at least the conditioner was, (there were bottles of these stuff!) and I just grabbed one. The conditioner is really nice and thick, awesome for my thick hair. I only apply it from 1/4 way down from my scalp all the to the tips. However, the conditioner can be a bit difficult to rinse out, due to its thick formula. But other than that, it works great!! The sleek and shine really does what it claims, at least for me. The scent is soooo addicting I am practically inhaling it in the shower, and most likely getting high off it. Pretty harmful, but it's irresistible!!

I stayed at my friend's house and he had provided this in the guest bathroom. I loved it! It really made my fine, somewhat frizzy hair shinier and smoother!
Can't wait to go get some,

on 7/9/2012 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like in my review for the shampoo...I don't believe in the argan oil hype...it doesn't make sense for all these companies to include this ingredient in their line when the trees are soo rare and only grow in Morocco. Think about it. Garnier must manufacture thousands of bottles of this stuff...and other companies must manufacture the same amount right? Think Josie Maran, One N' Only, Organix, Mark Anthony, FX, Nick Chavez...anyways....something just doesn't add up. This is also in ADDITION to vendors I have seen who have BOTTLES of this stuff at the local markets, claiming that their families are from Morocco etc. Or online, you can find bottles of "argan oil" from a lot of cosmetic supply companies.

Anyhoo...

The only thing I really liked about this was the smell. I hate how regular fructis smells, this was really refreshing and I liked how it smelled in the shower. As far as conditioning qualities go, my cheap Sallys Ion Inspired by Nature Conditioner does a better job conditioning than this stuff. Which was soo suprising. I thought my hair would feel nourished, moisturized and well...sleek and smooth! I *almost* followed with a leave in conditioner because it didn't condition my hair that well. I probably won't try another Fructis product...although that fall out stuff looks interesting, but who knows that might not work either.

My favorite products were discontinued (Apivita Propoline old formula). I was devestated! For the past 3 years I have been trying product after product to give me that shiny, silky, frizz free hair that Apivita did. This product is my HG! It works almost exactly like what I had been searching for!
I have Curly, dry, frizzy hair- 3b/c combo. This makes my hair shiny and silky. It lasts for 3-4 days. The frizz dosen't return it just gets more flat and smooth.
I hope I never have to search again! I am so happy with the product!

on 6/26/2012 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I ran out of my wonder conditioner Garnier Triple Nutrition (GTN) with all of the oils etc, and then when I went back to the shop to get it, they didn't have any more at all :( So I picked this one up and proceeded to use it in the same way as I had used the above mentioned conditioner.

For cowashes, it is good, not as great as GTN but it is still very moisturising. The consistency is creamy and thick-ish, and very rich.

For scent, it is just as pleasant if not sweeter than GTN.

For results on afro natural hair- it okay as a substitute for GTN, but not my preferred choice as a conditioner.

Bring back GTN Garnier!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

So, either this product is unusable, or I just don't know how to use it. It works through my long, thick, fine hair easily enough, but come rinse time, it all falls apart. The 1st time, I tried leaving a little in as I would with my regular conditioner. This was a disaster, as my hair dried with a crunchy texture and looked unwashed. The 2nd time, I rinsed every little bit that I could feel out (which took forever). It still felt crunchy when it dried, but looked OK after being brushed. I say OK because it was really just OK - not only was it no smoother than usual, it was actually less soft than my "default" hair. Yes, it actually made the texture worse. The ultimate dealbreaker is that it gives me flaky scalp patches, which means it's going in the trash. Most Garnier shampoos and conditioners have a delicious green apple scent - this one has a sort of banana/passionfruit scent that I don't like nearly as much. Garnier's shampoos and conditioners do excel in one area - I wish all shampoos, conditioners, and body washes came in upside down squeeze tubes as theirs do. In any case, back to Suave Sleek.