August 27, 2014 | 1796 users online

Conditioner - Garnier - Sleek and Shine

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by corifornication

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Don't buy this crap. Used this for years, now it's loaded with silicones and cheap ingredients. If you care at all about your hair, you'll stay away from this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I stopped using this product back in 2007 and forgot why. I was in the market for some new shampoo and the smell of this made my buy it again. I quickly remembered why I stopped using it when I noticed I was losing way more hair in the shower than usual. I know people lose hair and I often shed when I am stressed but this was way more than usual. Once I stopped using this product and switched back to my usual shampoo my hair immediately stopped falling out. It smells great but that's about the only thing. I will definitely not repurchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by Precila101

The Sleek and Shine shampoo was not available at our Walmart, unfortunately, but at least the conditioner was, (there were bottles of these stuff!) and I just grabbed one. The conditioner is really nice and thick, awesome for my thick hair. I only apply it from 1/4 way down from my scalp all the to the tips. However, the conditioner can be a bit difficult to rinse out, due to its thick formula. But other than that, it works great!! The sleek and shine really does what it claims, at least for me. The scent is soooo addicting I am practically inhaling it in the shower, and most likely getting high off it. Pretty harmful, but it's irresistible!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

I stayed at my friend's house and he had provided this in the guest bathroom. I loved it! It really made my fine, somewhat frizzy hair shinier and smoother!
Can't wait to go get some,

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

Like in my review for the shampoo...I don't believe in the argan oil hype...it doesn't make sense for all these companies to include this ingredient in their line when the trees are soo rare and only grow in Morocco. Think about it. Garnier must manufacture thousands of bottles of this stuff...and other companies must manufacture the same amount right? Think Josie Maran, One N' Only, Organix, Mark Anthony, FX, Nick Chavez...anyways....something just doesn't add up. This is also in ADDITION to vendors I have seen who have BOTTLES of this stuff at the local markets, claiming that their families are from Morocco etc. Or online, you can find bottles of "argan oil" from a lot of cosmetic supply companies.

Anyhoo...

The only thing I really liked about this was the smell. I hate how regular fructis smells, this was really refreshing and I liked how it smelled in the shower. As far as conditioning qualities go, my cheap Sallys Ion Inspired by Nature Conditioner does a better job conditioning than this stuff. Which was soo suprising. I thought my hair would feel nourished, moisturized and well...sleek and smooth! I *almost* followed with a leave in conditioner because it didn't condition my hair that well. I probably won't try another Fructis product...although that fall out stuff looks interesting, but who knows that might not work either.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Beautyisbliss

My favorite products were discontinued (Apivita Propoline old formula). I was devestated! For the past 3 years I have been trying product after product to give me that shiny, silky, frizz free hair that Apivita did. This product is my HG! It works almost exactly like what I had been searching for!
I have Curly, dry, frizzy hair- 3b/c combo. This makes my hair shiny and silky. It lasts for 3-4 days. The frizz dosen't return it just gets more flat and smooth.
I hope I never have to search again! I am so happy with the product!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Camstar1000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I ran out of my wonder conditioner Garnier Triple Nutrition (GTN) with all of the oils etc, and then when I went back to the shop to get it, they didn't have any more at all :( So I picked this one up and proceeded to use it in the same way as I had used the above mentioned conditioner.

For cowashes, it is good, not as great as GTN but it is still very moisturising. The consistency is creamy and thick-ish, and very rich.

For scent, it is just as pleasant if not sweeter than GTN.

For results on afro natural hair- it okay as a substitute for GTN, but not my preferred choice as a conditioner.

Bring back GTN Garnier!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

So, either this product is unusable, or I just don't know how to use it. It works through my long, thick, fine hair easily enough, but come rinse time, it all falls apart. The 1st time, I tried leaving a little in as I would with my regular conditioner. This was a disaster, as my hair dried with a crunchy texture and looked unwashed. The 2nd time, I rinsed every little bit that I could feel out (which took forever). It still felt crunchy when it dried, but looked OK after being brushed. I say OK because it was really just OK - not only was it no smoother than usual, it was actually less soft than my "default" hair. Yes, it actually made the texture worse. The ultimate dealbreaker is that it gives me flaky scalp patches, which means it's going in the trash. Most Garnier shampoos and conditioners have a delicious green apple scent - this one has a sort of banana/passionfruit scent that I don't like nearly as much. Garnier's shampoos and conditioners do excel in one area - I wish all shampoos, conditioners, and body washes came in upside down squeeze tubes as theirs do. In any case, back to Suave Sleek.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by jenkutz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this conditioner as part of a buzz kit along with the shampoo. Just like the shampoo, this conditioner didn't do anything for me. I have dry, fine hair and it didn't seem to make it any sleeker or shiner. To me it performed as well as any run of the mill drug store conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by moonunits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This conditioner was decent, but it left my hair weighed down, and still didn't help with my uncontrollable frizz. My hair is very dry and tangles extremely easily, and this conditioner did nothing to help with it. The only positive things about it was the price and the pleasant scent. I think for someone with less damaged hair than I have it might work nicely, but I unfortunately need something a little better.