April 19, 2014 | 1748 users online

Scrubs - L'Occitane - Amande Delicious Paste

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I picked this up at an airport a while back, because I had recently run out of my previous body scrub (Lumene, as I recall). I hadnít read any MUA reviews beforehand, but I can surely understand why itís popular. The scent is quite delicious, though just a tad too strong for me. Itís a very gentle scrub; the grains are very small, but they do work for my delicate skin. It also seems to be moisturizing; my skin feels quite silky afterwords (but I always use a body lotion after a shower). I love how it turns into milky liquid as itís washed off. The huge glass jar is very inconvenient in the shower. You have to be very careful with it. However, I think it looks very cute and luxurious in my bathroom, and because itís glass, you can recycle it :)

Ingredients:

BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL, KAOLIN, SUCROSE, OCTYLDODECETH-25, LAURETH-3, SILICA, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) FRUIT EXTRACT, FRAGRANCE, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) SEED MEAL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) SHELL POWDER, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, TOCOPHEROL, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, LIMONENE, COUMARIN, LINALOOL.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Barbi12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the scent of this product. It's gentle, but effective. My skin becomes soft and fresh after using it. A bit pricy therefore I would not buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 8:55:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually didn't buy this product. I had ordered some of the Amande body cream and they shipped two jars of scrub instead. But, lovely people that they are, they told me to keep the two jars of paste. Nice people.

At any rate, this is a so-so product. Not very scrubby at all but feels very nice on the skin. It's a nice product to use and I love the scent but I cannot stand spending big bucks on stuff that goes down the drain quite literally so I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by bedheadmelissa

Lovely and luxurious body scrub from L'Occitane in one of their signature scents, Almond. The scent is extremely strong and has some bitter undertones and a sort of slight grassy/floral overtone as well. It becomes less heavy and leaves a lovely sweet scent on the skin after some time has passed.
It is not a heavy duty scrub and dissolves after massaging into a fluid that rinses easily down the drain. I use this in conjunction with the Almond shower oil and Almond Concentrate lotion and my skin is like silk afterwards. However, the price is a bit steep at over $50.
I love L'Occitane and find their products to be excellent quality but the strength of the scents, no matter how delicious, often give me a headache.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by aestell83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. I received it for Christmas from my Dad who said that the shop by his house always sells out of it the first few days they get it in. I now know why. It smells amazing and after using it my skin feels so soft and smooth and moisturized (I have dry skin and always have to put lotion on). I love the jar because you can get to the last bit of the product (not wasting any like in pumps). Also a little goes a long way so it lasts a while. I will definitely keep buying this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 7:43:00 AM More reviews by knez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this scrub surpasses all the others Iīve tried...and Iīve tried many! It is gentle enough to be used on dry skin, smells heavenly and washes easily off. The skin is left feeling soft, moisturised and smooth after use. it is expensive, but a little goes a long way! The packaging is great too! You donīt waste any remains like in the pump or tube packaging and if you wash the glass jars in warm water and sopa and remove the label you can "recycle" them for home use - I keep buttons and other small things in them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2008 10:32:00 AM More reviews by 135792468

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried a lot of scrubs in my time as a good scrub a couple of times a week is one of the few beauty rituals I do actually do. This is the best I have found. I bought it because I read a readers' comparison of 5 different scrubs in a magazine and this came out top and for once you can believe what they say in magazines. It is expensive and comes in the most idiotic packaging ever (a heavy glass jar to slip out of your hands and drop on your toes) but it smells amazing, it doesn't leave traces in the bathtub, the grains are just the right size so they feel like they are doing something but they don't leave great red scratch marks on your skin, it is moisturising and it doesn't leave a hideous oily film all over you. That's all my boxes ticked. I would repurchase - and have done so.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2008 12:05:00 AM More reviews by fiestyfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this scrub, its not too mild and not too exfoliating. The granules in this paste are just a little to small for my taste, but I believe it does a fairly good job exfoliating. It a nice addition if you are using the rest of the almond line.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2007 11:46:00 PM More reviews by JGarfield

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this scrub. I have sensitive dry itchy skin in fall/winter, and I use this in the shower leaving me with soft skin with no itching! It is a mild scrub, but truly luxurious. Smells so nice and relaxing. It is way too expensive, but I think the jar will last me all winter. The only bad thing, IMO, is the heavy glass jar it comes in. Although the packaging is pretty and "vintage" looking, it isn't very practical. I have to keep this on the counter near the sink, and reach out and "grab" a handful from the shower. Bummer considering the $32 price tag. But this can be overlooked for such a great body scrub! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by yokojoano

Part of a very expensive gift set (shower oil, candle, cream, and scrub). I like the smell, although its a bit strong. I love the way this paste leaves my skin feeling so soft and smooth. I've saved it and only use it for a special treat because its so darn expensive. Packaging is gorgeous. Scent sticks around. I think I'd buy again, but not completely sure because there are a lot of less expensive scrubs that I like just as well.