April 16, 2014 | 1578 users online

Fragrances - Revlon - Charlie Red

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by CandyApple85

i'm no perfume snob - i like my cacharel and arden scents just as much as anything high end - but having said that, i usually avoid the super cheap perfumes that sit on the shelf with the deos and body sprays, just because they seem a little... i dont know, childish almost! i remember when i was 14 or so, i had bottles of the different charlie scents, and exclamation too... when i first got a bottle of versace red jeans, i thought i had 'graduated' into the world of grown up perfume! dear oh dear.... anyway, back to charlie red... i got a huge bottle of this for a ridiculously cheap price last week, bought on a total whim, for nostalgias sake. it smells exactly how i remember it - strong and sweet! reminds me of red door. its kind of sickly, smells like synthetic flowers and honey. very VERY girly!. im giving it three lippies because, its super long lasting, and sprayed with a very light hand, its kind of cute!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by afiscalyear09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this dirt cheap on clearance as a swap item or throw-in, I gave the bottle a quick sniff at the store and thought it smelled sort of off but figured someone else might want it. After having it posted for awhile and realizing nobody else wants it, I figured I'd give it a spray, and I realized that it is exactly the fragrance I've been looking for! When I was a little kid one of my friends' moms used to wear this, she was a really sweet lady, and I would've thought it was Wind Song but it was definitely this, it just reminds me of a really nice lady haha, it's very clean, almost like fabric softener, but I love it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2006 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Ruby2003

Spicy, sexy, and charming...all Charlie Red. Easy on the wallet and not too strong (in a good way).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2006 12:13:00 PM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An amazing fresh floral with no note of syntheticity in it. I got this as a birthday present and I must say I love it. It's just the right fragrance for this end of winter season. I'm usually into expensive fragrances, but I must admit I sometimes commit a prejudice against cheap but worthy fragrances like this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2005 4:18:00 PM More reviews by il23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Loved Charlie White, but hated this. I was told this was more of a sexy scent, versus a light clean scent in Charlie White. This stuff reminded me of old ladies. It was stale and just made me gag a bit everytime I sprayed it. Finally, I just threw it out. The staying power sucked too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2005 12:51:00 PM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stinks on me. It doesn't smell fresh, but stale. It's like a monotone(or shall it be, mono-notes) smell on me. This is definetly not a summer scent.
UPDATE: I'll upgrade this to four lippies. It's been a year later and I'm enjoying this scent. Very casual and sexy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2005 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Lisa_Lowndes

Quote: "they even prefer it to my much loved Hugo Boss woman intense! Cheaper IS sometimes better :)"

So true!! My situation is the same!!

This is the first perfume I ever brought, and five years later, it remains my HG and more than any other perfume I own, men love it. Unfortunately, heat tends to change the scent of Charlie Red on me, so it's a no-no for summer or even spring, which is when I would most like to be wearing it:(

When going out, I was always tempted to wear Hugo Boss because it's expensive and 'higher class'.. but that's just silly. Charlie Red wins, hands down.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2005 6:28:00 PM More reviews by aquamarine11

This is a great perfume for someone on a budget! It has a lovely, spicy, sexy smell which is perfect for a date.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2004 5:17:00 AM More reviews by Lisa_Lowndes

I love Charlie Red because men love it! It's a nice, tingly and sweet smell, and breezy. It's vibrant without being overwhelming, and every man I know has said how lovely it is... they even prefer it to my much loved Hugo Boss woman intense! Cheaper IS sometimes better :)