December 22, 2014 | 946 users online

Cleansers - Korres - White tea fluid gel cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by nicola00

I received a travel size "sample" of this in a set I got, I hate it. While it smells nice and doesn't make me break out, I feel it didn't clean my skin at all. It's great ingredients but for the price, I'd never buy it. It doesn't lather, feels like I'm rubbing lube all over my face, and leaves a weird film. The Korres Milk Proteins cleaners is much better! Don't waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by loiseva1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser, i use it every night and it really does take off all of my makeup, it is safe to use on the eye area although i don't use it to remove eye makeup. It leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh, not tight and dry. My skin is combo/oily, I don't find that its over drying and also doesn't break me out. I also really love this because its all natural and there are no nasty parabens or harmful cheap preservatives. My ONLY massive peeve is the packaging, It needs a pump! when will companies learn to put pumps on their products?! .. regardless I will definitely re-purchase this product .. and maybe I'll buy my own pump bottle to pour it into! haha

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Jislittle2001

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for something more natural and I stumbled upon Korres. I bought the Pomegranate Regimen kit on an impulse and out of frustration because my skin was being very mean to me. This was back in April 2011 and I'm still using this cleanser as well as well the Pomegranate balancing moisturizer from that kit.

I have eczema that is is triggered by gluten so I'm always looking for products that are gluten free. Korres has many products that are wheat free and I don't see any other ingredients that would gluten me (wheat germ, barley, etc). Needless, to say I haven't had a reaction from this cleanser even though it has oat. I can't eat oatmeal or use Aveeno products because they cause me to itch and get rashes.I didn't notice the oat in this product until this month!! :) Anyway, this cleanser leaves my oily, acne prone skin clean and fresh. I will never switch to another cleanser. It's my HG cleanser for sure!!! I use it with my clarisonic and really does it job without tightness, drying, etc.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 4:20:00 PM More reviews by sbgitana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Korres White Tea fluid gel cleanser
My Skin type is Normal, can be dry if I don't moisturize
I was planning on just getting the Korres Wild Rose 24 hr moisturizer, but bought the Korres Wild Rose kit at Sephora which included this cleanser.

Here's my review:
Texture: Thin and watery in consistency. No matter how much I used I could never get a good lather. I really a good foaming texture to a cleanser: this did not deliver. It seems like you would go through bottle quickly.
Finish: Easy to rinse off, no residue.
Performance: Skin does feel cleansed after. Definitely for my skin type must follow with a moisturizer. I used alone and with my Clarisonic. I thought the Clarisonic would help it 'foam' up. It didn't.
Packaging: I bought this in a Korres Wild Rose kit, so it was a small plastic tube.
Odor: It doesn't have a particular scent to it.
Cost: Middle to high end.
Bought at: Sephora
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
Overall rating for this product: POOR.
Not impressed at all and returned product. Perhaps good for those that want no foaming action to a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by helena1014

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my HG facial cleanser. I have sensitive combo oily skin and this cleanser is amazingly gentle and deeply cleansing. I've used this cleanser on and off for over a year now and I am so happy with it. I switched a few months ago to the First Aid Beauty Cleanser just to try something new and while I liked the FAB, I came back to Korres. It is a very lightweight gel cleanser and it does not create a lot of lather, though I do use it with the scrublet from the Loreal Go 360 cleanser and that makes it lather fairly well. It has a light natural scent and is non-irritating to eyes. I've never had issues with it removing all my makeup and it makes my skin feel super soft after use. It's never made my skin feel tight or dry after using it, just clean soft and fresh. It's about $21 U.S., but a little goes a long way and 1 bottle lasts about 4 or 5 months. This cleanser has helped tremendously with oil control without leaving my skin parched and helps calm redness and reduce breakouts. The tube is clear so you can always see how much you have left. Definitely a fan for life.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Ophelia4469

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the bad reviews and complaints. I have been using this for almost a month and it leaves my skin clean and fresh feeling. My skin isn't tight nor does it feel like I have residue left over. The packaging is perfect as it is easy to grip and squeeze. I use it with my clarisonic and it has worked wonders in the cleansing department. HG cleanser for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by monokuro

My skin bio: OTC acne products and prescription products
have been used in the past and continuously thus really dry and still oily skin.

Once you get used to the fact that this white tea fluid gel cleanser does not foam up like usual products and the product design [cap shape, squeeze bottle] is possibly annoying to use, this is fabulous for the oily/combo prone skin.

Strong enough to keep my pores and oil at bay.
Then gentle enough for my cheeks to not dry out.
Quite an interesting product.
Such simple basic cleanser, and yet it may seem inferior compared to super powered acne oil controlling cleansers with active ingredients. I don't like to bash brands because every skin works differently, but Neutrogena has some really good gels that are just too strong and dehydrating for me to use daily.

I say this mild gel cleanser has good power on its own for doing its job of cleansing.

It doesn't feel like it cleanses or does anything, but for the acne prone this is wonderful. Simplicity at its best.

I used this winter and summer, and I found that no moisturizer necessary with this cleanser. [Great for me so I don't worry about moisturizer product plugging my pores. One less step to care for.] Although if someone is using a very drying active ingredient in other products in regimen, then I can see that a moisturizer is needed.

Super gentle on the eyes. Does not sting like maybe other products do.
Eye makeup remover is needed if you use makeup.

I use this as nightly cleanser. I only cleanse in morning if I can see shine on my face that needs rubbing off.
I use about a quarter size amount of gel. I lather gel with water on my fingers then rub into my face for cleansing.

I noticed my skin was fabulous and at its best for the year I used this product. I continuously used this daily , unlike others who only tried a sample. The cleanser does not claim to do wonders for acne, but I noticed a big difference with my disappearance of acne. Cleanser is considered an all skin type cleanser.

I'm surprised such low scores on makeupalley for this product because its the best seller on the korres site and fabulous reviews on the sephora site. Plus it has beautiful minimalist packaging design.

I found the cleanser that works for me and its the white tea fluid gel cleanser. Some reviews have complained of the "film" on the face, but I find that its this "film" [oat protein extract] that keeps my skin from drying out.
It is worth a try for your skin if it seems so hard to manage your face and acne. If this product became fragrance free, I would give a full 5.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 7:48:00 AM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

For reference, my skin is mildly sensitive and, if irritated, can be oily-dehydrated. Origins Clean Energy is my HG, and I've been happily OCM-ing for several years, but I live in the US southeast and there is *nothing* less appealing than smearing room temperature oil on your face after a long, hot day. Fed up and desperate for something refreshing, I sought out the Korres Milk Proteins foaming cleanser but, needing instant gratification, I settled for this when Sephora proved to be out of stock. Fail. I have loved all things Korres, but this is a no for me. The wash itself is a thin gel with minimal lather and a heavy perfume-y "green tea" scent which, although pleasant enough, is surprising. A dime-sized puddle applied to a wet face produces a fine lather, initially, which lessens dramatically over the wash. Nevertheless, my face still feels clean after rinsing (though it doesn't necessarily feel like it's getting there during the washing, if that makes sense) and it removes even stubborn eye makeup. Leaves my skin soft enough, and hydrated--not dry, taut or stripped feeling--and is definitely more refreshing than oil. After a couple days, though, my face looked irritated (some red splotching) and I was developing those weird little subdermal bumps which do not seem to be proper zits and cannot be seen, only felt. By the end of a week, my skin felt noticeably rough. Yet I persisted, attributing my skin's decline to acclamation. I stopped after another week and a half, when I began to actively break out (hadn't had a non-hormonal blemish in ages). I also noticed that my nose was beginning to look cloggy. So I threw in the proverbial towel and went back to my Origins CE and, within 2-3 days my skin was much improved--waning splotchiness, and so, so soft again. I think OCM just suits my skin better, and that this cleanser is not for me, BUT, I do think it could be a decent, mild cleanser for someone else. I would not repurchase (I'd actually return it, if I had the receipt), but I also wouldn't warn people away from it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i got this in the yoghurt kit and ended up liking it way more than the main products. at first i thought it was ok and didnt do much besides it being a gentle cleanser but i tried it again without mu on this time and i love it. it doesnt remove mu or foam much and it has an artificial green tea scent but it leaves my face clean and glowing. it doesnt dry my skin out at all either. im considering getting a full size.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2011 4:14:00 AM More reviews by rocksmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Sorry, but this product was absolutely terrible for me. It left my face irritated, oily, and extremely bumpy. I was very surprised considering it's supposed to be gentle and natural. I can't say if it did anything positive or negative for my acne because I was only managed to use it for two days.

Unfortunately I threw out the receipt and packaging so I can't return it. I'll have to figure out something to do with it, maybe a brush cleaner or something.