October 24, 2014 | 889 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Phone Number eye kohl

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by daisybanks

Am a big fan of this pencil because it's soft and smoky toned and not too harsh. I have to be wary with eyeliners - black can be a bit hard on me now - but this soft grey black colour is softer, more flattering. (I've got blue eyes) This is a pencil for those who like a bit of smudge.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by glowww333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great substitution for the black on the waterline, great as invisible eyeliner and very nice on day2day use when you don't want anything too harsh. I prefer this one over the browns i've been using for years.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Nesian1

Where has this been all my life???

LOVE IT.

I love using this in the waterline for a softer smoky day look. I love how soft it is. I love how it doesn't drag on my skin. I LOVE the colour. I love how easy it is to smudge and blend out. I love how when it (very very rarely) melts, it still looks incredibly sexy because its not jet black and my eyes just look even more smoked out. I just love everything about this liner. Will not be without it ever again.

I use MAC gel liner in dipdown around my eyes and this in my waterline and I look like an instant sex kitten.

Did I mention that I love this??

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by arieeel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous. I used to use Greyprint but it ran out so quickly and mac eyeliner isn't cheap. So after my last one ran out I switched to Phone Number. Initially I was afraid of the hassle that would come with non-auto liners because you'd have to sharpen it, but I'm glad I bit the bullet and bought this (and the sharpener) because I can see it lasting me a very long time. Phone Number is a deeper gray than Greyprint, and has a very subtle shimmer in it that really makes a difference from the standard old black. It gives your eyes definition, but not in a harsh way. I'd say this is an almost-black, but not quite. Have to agree with what the other reviewer said about it 'applying like butter'-- i'ts very soft and easy to apply and smudge, and doesn't tug at all. Although sometimes it does come off a little too easily-- sometimes I find a streak of it on my finger after I touch my lid-- most of it stays on until I remove it at the end of the day. Would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by CheapMakeUpJunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was my first mac product ever and I bought this one because it wasnt all black or all grey :) it is really good on the waterline!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by curlywurly100

the perfect way to describe the colour of this, is off-black. don't buy this if you want a black eyeliner, and don't buy this if you want grey.
although i love MAC's 'smolder', which is an all-time classic, you can't be too generous with it for every day application. but with this, you can be, because it's a very slightly shimmering off-black, so used heavily, you can get a look strong enough for your liking, but subtle enough for every day use, and ANY occasion. when i started using this, i got many compliments.

as for staying power, i have no complaints.

i am definitely definitely buying again!

try!
~

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 12:15:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

I use this on the lower lash and upper lids to create a smudey effect, then i use graphblack on my waterline. Creates a stunning effect, think kim kardashian. Although this eye kohl doesnt last long as it get crumbly, which is a similar effect like facinating eye kohl. Make sure this is blended out with a eyeshadow like satin taupe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by muppitonastring

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Phone Number is an underrated pencil. Itís a very deep, smoky grey with subtle and cool toned shimmer/sheen (not glittery). It's very gothic and 'Batman' looking to me. A great alternative for those that want something a touch lighter & less harsh than black. I love MAC kohls, they are very smudgy but that is what makes them so easy to apply and smoke out/blend. If you donít like smudge, Iíd look elsewhere.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by ellesk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Phone Number on a whim because I needed a gray eyeliner in my collection for those days when I wanted a change from black - and I had been wanting to try out MAC eye kohls for a while. I have to say, I was really pleased with the product! It's a medium-toned, cool charcoal color with a lovely shimmer that almost makes it look wet (it's a really nice effect, trust me)! The application is incredibly smooth and simple - I can manipulate it into virtually any shape I want and, because of its consistency, I can use an eyeliner brush to fix the shape or any unevenness that may have occurred. And for me, it stays in place all day (although there has been a bit of migration to the crease on some days, though it hasn't been too much of a problem).
All in all, it's certainly worth a try!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i use this instead of black, because during the day i find this is more softer than using a black pencil.
i like the greeny-undertone, and i dont normally opt for sparkly eyeliners, but i like the amount of sparkle in this one.
it is a powerpoint, though i found that it smudged, and it was longer wearing than the khol, but less-wearing than the technakhol. i had to reapply after a few hours and i wouldnt use this on your undereye or the outer corner if you are prone to natural smudging/runniness throughout the day (if you kinda get what i mean).
i wouldnt buy it again, probably because i have too many eyeliners anyway, but im sure that i will have it for a long time. the pencil is pretty big and i dont always get around to using it. i prefer to use technakhol for it better staying power.