Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion

Active Ingredients Dimethicone1.3% Inactive Ingredients Oat Kernel Extract- Avena Sativa , Oat Kernel Flour- Avena Sativa , Oat Kernel Oil- Avena Sativa , Benzyl Alcohol , Shea Butter Extract- Butyrospermum Parkii , Cetyl Alcohol , Distearyldimonium Chloride , Glycerin , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Sodium Chloride , Steareth-20 , Water

on 12/3/2013 3:24:00 AM

My aunt once took my hand and then said 'Ugh!! You have the hands of a farmer! Don't you use cream??' Well, duh, just about every cream there is...! My skin breaks down very easily and I have had problems with both rosacea and eczema all my life. I haven't used this cream for eczema yet but holy moly I have soft hands for the first time in my whole life! Bought this after moving to a very cold dry province when temps of -40 C are common. I was dry & itchy all over and this cream soothed my skin in the nicest way. Smooths on so well after my shower. It's like there's no 'filler' or unnecessary ingredients. Instantly absorbs and protects like a dream. No slippy/greasy/sticky feel AT ALL. Amazed a product does what it says it'll do. Just thrilled. I can use this for hand cream and text 20 seconds later with no residue. Lasts through a hand washing and took the redness right out of my knuckles. Remarkable stuff. Will be a staple and something I will buy over and over again. Healed my cracked thumbs and well worth every penny ($11.49 Walmart). I might even try on my face. Used to use Vaseline every night on my hands and this is sooooo much better. HG!!

on 11/25/2013 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My eczema has gotten really bad this year and I don't know why. My forehead has a dry patch and it gets itchy all the time. There is an occasion dry patches around my eye or on my cheek. I tried different moisturising cream and nothing worked.

I bought this on a whim since it was on sale, and I saw the reviews on MUA so I decided to go for it. After using it for the first time, I noticed results straight away!! I don't know if I should or shouldn't use this on my face, but I did anyway and my dry forehead is no longer dry! It is so smooth and it's not red or itchy anymore. I absolutely love it! I was so self conscious about my forehead but not anymore! I really love this stuff. I use it all over my body too and I don't have any more dry areas and my eczema is a lot better. I highly recommend this. Definitely my HG product!

on 8/23/2013 9:44:00 AM

My favorite HAND CREAM. As a male and it's important that hand creams have no shine and no fragrance. This body lotion works wonders.

Compared to the original it is more emollient. I don't like it for the body as it does not spread as easily and feels sticky afterwards. But for hands, it could not be better. Two FULL pumps absorb quickly and keep my hands moisturized. People can't tell I have applied lotion but sometimes they tease me saying that my hands are too soft. I say it is because I never do manual work :p.

Those with very dry hands might need something heavier, maybe your favorite oil spread before or on top, but for most people this should be enough. I have previously used Vaseline Intensive Rescue Healing Hand Cream and Aveeno Intensive Skin Relief Hand Cream but this works better than those two together! Also, it binds well with my SPF 30 pure mineral sunscreen. It instantly make my hands appear less oily, more moisturized. I have used it combined with several products. It improves on the finish and helping them adhere better to the skin. I am always amazed.

The large bottle is a bargain and there is smaller tube that you can easily carry around. Because it doesn't contain too many light and air sensitive ingredients, it can easily be transferred into a container of any size. I will repurchase each time. I strongly suggest this. Even if you weren't particularly fond of the original. It is different enough and if you don't end up liking it I'm sure your SO would gladly put it on his hands. Great hand cream for a manly man.

Update: I recently tried the Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector. I have to say that I much prefer this. I like the lack of smell, and the fact that I can easily get long lasting moisture simply by over-applying. No matter how much I put, after only 30 seconds of rubbing my hands together, it looks completely matte. For me that is very important. But you might prefer the Hemp Hand Protector if your skin is particularly dry.

on 8/23/2013 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of the best pharmacy brands out there. The price is reasonable and it beats many other highend products in the market. It works like it is supposed to i.e. moisturises and soothes dry and sensitive skin. It absorbs well and works for all seasons. I sometimes add a little essential oil for scent and aromatherapy, so it is great that the lotion comes unscented. This is my go to lotion when I can't get my usual brand.

One lippy off for containing petrolatum and I guess that it is not free from animal testing.

I absolutely LOVE this product. I have sensitive skin (I'm not sure what I'm allergic to but certain skin care ingredients give me an awful red, itchy rash that lasts a few days)

This moisturiser is AMAZING. It soothes the skin immediately & has the faintest smell of milky oats which I adore! It's nice and thick but absorbs really well & leaves my skin feeling baby soft.

I love that the pump has a little plastic clip on it so you can "close" the bottle (perfect for travelling!) - I do have to shake the bottle & cut it open to get the last of the product out but that's the case with all pump bottles so it's not a big deal at all.

Absolute HOLY GRAIL body moisturiser =)

on 6/17/2013 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Aveeno really do make the best lotions for eczema/dry skin sufferers. I recently ran out of the Every Day Moisturising Lotion (the one with the green label), and it ran out very quickly because I was using it every day. So I went back to Boots and saw the Skin Relief Moiturising Lotion, the one in the tube rather than with a pump, and saw that it was cheaper, and also intended for extra dry, irritable and sensitive skin, whereas the every day one was just intended to moisturise dry skin for 24 hours. I would definitely say I prefer the Skin Relief more, because it is thicker, and the second I feel my skin getting itchy, I just have to apply some of this and the relief is immediate. I only have a few patches of eczema left now since I use this twice a day all over the body. It contains shea butter, a triple oat complex with colloidal oatmeal, oat oil and oat essence. It absorbs quickly, is paraben and fragrance free, whats not to love? Would definitely recommend and buy again.

on 6/6/2013 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My eczema recently decided to break out very badly to the point where I couldn't sleep at night. I went to the dermatologist and he recommend me to use this Aveeno lotion to moisturize my skin after putting on all the prescription lotions. At first I was skeptical that it would help with the itchiness at all cause, by that time, I haven't been sleeping for a week and I've tried every other moisturizer that I can find in my house to get rid of it. But boy after the first use, I was a believer. It INSTANTLY relief my skin (no pun intended) from the itchiness and I can finally sleep again after becoming a zombie for a week. Of course the other lotions helped too but this moisturizer was the main thing that made my itch disappear. It claims to 'moisturize for 24 hours' and I can attest to that cause the lotion is somewhat sticky and quiet heavy on the skin. I feel it doesn't disappear until you take a shower. I will definitely keep using this miracle lotion from now on.

For those who are thinking of buying, try to get the new squeeze bottle type instead of the pumps, cause with the squeeze bottle you can be sure to get every last drop.

on 3/6/2013 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I love this lotion! It's pretty similar to the original Aveeno lotion. It gives moisture without any greasiness, and it has a medium thickness. I have moist skin until my next shower. I'm probably going to use this lotion for the rest of my life.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

In the uk this looks different from the pic (above). it comes in a tube and costs next-to-nothing! Was undecided at the chemist.. this or E45. I remembered trying e45 some years ago and made my skin feel like an oil slick. Now this is 10x better. No grease, no perfume and my skin itches less. I use it for a hand cream too and its fab! I will get more when finishes. Just had a look at all the reviews and seems like im not the only one who thinks so.

on 12/2/2012 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't see how this had anything less than a 100% rating. I'm 41 years old and have put lotion all over my body every day since I was about 15 years old. I've tried super high end, super low end, normal (with chemicals), natural (no chemicals) and every combination including everything from super-thin and water-like to cream that's heavier than crisco. This stuff is the best, easily, the best. I had been stuck on either Olay Quench or Hempz for years until I tried this product. I wake up with skin that feels like a baby's bottom. Did I mention I'm 41? My only complaint this that the pump bottle sucks. The one I have right now is 1/3 full and the pump has quit working. It's really annoying but I'll just screw the top off and dump it in my hand. This stuff is GREAT!!

Popular Lotions / Creams