December 18, 2014 | 1738 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by xclairelouisex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I absolutely LOVE this product. I have sensitive skin (I'm not sure what I'm allergic to but certain skin care ingredients give me an awful red, itchy rash that lasts a few days)

This moisturiser is AMAZING. It soothes the skin immediately & has the faintest smell of milky oats which I adore! It's nice and thick but absorbs really well & leaves my skin feeling baby soft.

I love that the pump has a little plastic clip on it so you can "close" the bottle (perfect for travelling!) - I do have to shake the bottle & cut it open to get the last of the product out but that's the case with all pump bottles so it's not a big deal at all.

Absolute HOLY GRAIL body moisturiser =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Aveeno really do make the best lotions for eczema/dry skin sufferers. I recently ran out of the Every Day Moisturising Lotion (the one with the green label), and it ran out very quickly because I was using it every day. So I went back to Boots and saw the Skin Relief Moiturising Lotion, the one in the tube rather than with a pump, and saw that it was cheaper, and also intended for extra dry, irritable and sensitive skin, whereas the every day one was just intended to moisturise dry skin for 24 hours. I would definitely say I prefer the Skin Relief more, because it is thicker, and the second I feel my skin getting itchy, I just have to apply some of this and the relief is immediate. I only have a few patches of eczema left now since I use this twice a day all over the body. It contains shea butter, a triple oat complex with colloidal oatmeal, oat oil and oat essence. It absorbs quickly, is paraben and fragrance free, whats not to love? Would definitely recommend and buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 4:33:00 AM More reviews by hikari001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My eczema recently decided to break out very badly to the point where I couldn't sleep at night. I went to the dermatologist and he recommend me to use this Aveeno lotion to moisturize my skin after putting on all the prescription lotions. At first I was skeptical that it would help with the itchiness at all cause, by that time, I haven't been sleeping for a week and I've tried every other moisturizer that I can find in my house to get rid of it. But boy after the first use, I was a believer. It INSTANTLY relief my skin (no pun intended) from the itchiness and I can finally sleep again after becoming a zombie for a week. Of course the other lotions helped too but this moisturizer was the main thing that made my itch disappear. It claims to 'moisturize for 24 hours' and I can attest to that cause the lotion is somewhat sticky and quiet heavy on the skin. I feel it doesn't disappear until you take a shower. I will definitely keep using this miracle lotion from now on.

For those who are thinking of buying, try to get the new squeeze bottle type instead of the pumps, cause with the squeeze bottle you can be sure to get every last drop.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by AlwaysDouze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion! It's pretty similar to the original Aveeno lotion. It gives moisture without any greasiness, and it has a medium thickness. I have moist skin until my next shower. I'm probably going to use this lotion for the rest of my life.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by xlipstickloverx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In the uk this looks different from the pic (above). it comes in a tube and costs next-to-nothing! Was undecided at the chemist.. this or E45. I remembered trying e45 some years ago and made my skin feel like an oil slick. Now this is 10x better. No grease, no perfume and my skin itches less. I use it for a hand cream too and its fab! I will get more when finishes. Just had a look at all the reviews and seems like im not the only one who thinks so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't see how this had anything less than a 100% rating. I'm 41 years old and have put lotion all over my body every day since I was about 15 years old. I've tried super high end, super low end, normal (with chemicals), natural (no chemicals) and every combination including everything from super-thin and water-like to cream that's heavier than crisco. This stuff is the best, easily, the best. I had been stuck on either Olay Quench or Hempz for years until I tried this product. I wake up with skin that feels like a baby's bottom. Did I mention I'm 41? My only complaint this that the pump bottle sucks. The one I have right now is 1/3 full and the pump has quit working. It's really annoying but I'll just screw the top off and dump it in my hand. This stuff is GREAT!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by gc2011

This is my daily lotion and I love it. Unscented, thick, but quick-absorbing, it is such a wonderful product.

I have sensitive, itch-prone skin due to allergies, and this keeps it under control. This lotion controls those issues, and seems to prevent them, too. It also has improved my skin's texture and tone, and makes it look supple and younger-looking. Even in the winter, my skin stays balanced and moisturized.

As another reviewer mentioned, it is pretty hard to get the last inch or so of lotion out of the bottle - which is my only (small) negative mention with this product.

I also use this on my kids, who swim all the time, and it takes good care of their skin, too. Love this stuff. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by tahiti1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using this after a knee surgery, because I needed something that wasn't heavily fragranced and would combat the very dry skin I got from all the nasty medications I was on. This stuff is fantastic! Skin looks and feels great! I also massaged it into my surgery scar and see it healing much faster than my other surgery scars have in the past. I love this stuff! The only "con" is that it's hard to get to the last inch or so of the lotion, as the pump can't reach it all. But I love it and it's so worth the extra couple of bucks over the cheaper brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by dubaibeilove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lotion put a stop on my static shock problem due to dry skin. It's unscented and it's absorb by the skin pretty quick. I never went out with a sticky skin with this lotion within a week gave me great results. I tried using Gold Bond ultimate skin therapy lotion but I don't feel any great changes in my skin and it's way too sticky.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by hikaruminmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i never really understood what people meant by "sitting on top of the skin" until i used this lotion. i would rub it on my dry arms on a dry night, then wake up in the middle of the night scratching my skin through a thick layer of rubbery grease. it was as if it didn't get into the skin at all, and my skin just remained dry and itchy under it. shame because i really love the moisturizing oil (pink) and the original lotion (green) by Aveeno. their formulas are so different...