Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation

3.7

active ingredient: titanium dioxide 2.30% ingredients: talc, nylon-12, silica, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, dimethicone, glycerin, polyperfluoromethylisopropyl ether, tocopheryl acetate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) unsaponifiables, lauroyl lysine, petrolatum, zeolite, ptfe, zinc stearate, eicosapentaenoic acid, docosahexaenoic acid, magnesium myristate, lauryl alcohol, pca, laureth-3, tetrasodium edta, bht, sorbic acid, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, [ /-(may contain) mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288)]

on 6/7/2012 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have been using this product for 3 months now and it has not once broken me out. Please note I have combination/oily t-zone type skin and am sensitive to certain ingredients on foundations therefore I break out in lots of small flesh coloured bumps on my forehead mainly if I choose the wrong foundation. Mainly Mac products have done this to me so I am hesitant in trying new. This powder foundation I bought because I wanted a heavier coverage powder over my Bobbi Brown Natural Skin Finish foundation which is quite a light coverage. The result is beautiful flawless finish. The texture of the pressed powder is crazy smooth and does not sink into pores or fine lines and keep in mind I apply this with a sponge for the ultimate in flawless coverage yet it does not look the slightest bit cakey. It's an amazing product, I am very happy with my purchase and would gladly buy again.

The biggest CON about this is the price. I bought mine at Mecca Cosmetica (Australia) powder and case together was $95 AUD. That is ridiculous considering it's the same amount you get with other powder foundations. Since they sell the case and the powder separately I was charged $20AUD just for the case....That price would put anyone off!

But other than that, I'm satisfied :) (I bought 75 Watts btw)

on 5/29/2012 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I’ve never been a big pressed-powder or powder-foundation user, but I actually hit pan on this, which really must be saying something! I lucked out and got this in a ‘mystery bag’ of Stila products; little did I know it would become one of my ‘staples’. The shade number has rubbed off the bottom of my compact, but I’m guessing its probably 20 Watts (it’s a pretty light shade) and it’s an excellent match for my fair skin. The texture of this is almost like a creamy powder, if that makes sense (not too dry). It seems to blend in with my skin’s natural texture, instead of sitting on top of my skin. I love the versatility of this product. I can apply with the included sponge for fuller coverage. I can apply with my finger or a concealer brush for spot-coverage. But most often I apply with a big fluffy brush all over (after my usual TM or liquid foundation) to ‘finish’ my look. This keeps my skin looking fresh for a good 8-10 hours. I might touch it up late in the afternoon, if I notice any ‘shiny’ spots (my skin is pretty normal, though). For an ‘illuminating’ product, I don’t notice any shimmer in this, which is good (I don’t like all over shimmer, anyways). It just makes my skin look fresh and my makeup look polished. This is the only face powder I’ve ever hit pan on, and I just purchased a backup (on eBay, I didn’t pay full price).

on 1/26/2012 8:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a pretty decent powder...I use it over my liquid foundation (Revlon New Complexion) to set it and stop my face becoming oily and shiny throughout the day. It does, for a few hours keep my skin looking matte, and as per it's name it does have a bit of an illuminating effect. I have it in 20 watts, which is a pretty accurate match for my fair skin tone. Overall, it's good for what I use it for, but it isn't very long lasting and it doesn't have enough coverage to be used on it's own as a powder foundation. I won't be buying it again, as I'm sure there are better alternatives out there.

on 1/17/2012 11:39:00 PM

So far I do not like this powder foundation. I dont really understasnd why they call it a foundation on the compact but on the makeup refill packaging it says it gives "transparent" coverage which really doesnt make any sense...and the coverage IS transparent. The foundation sampler at sephora was very soft and glided on well but when I actually bought a new one and took it home it was very hard and I couldnt get much out of the compact.. is that just because it was so new? I dont know..

So far this has ZERO coverage and kinda just sunk into my pores.. Ill keep trying it but idk... seems silly to have to wait for something to work when you just want it to work right away. Meh. TBH I might go back to my mac fix plus powder foundation and its also cheaper and provides medium coverage.

on 1/4/2012 11:11:00 PM

I wanted to love this based on the great reviews I have read but it just didn't work for me. The color made me look a bit jaundiced and a little washed out. I ended up getting 30 watts because ten and twenty were just too light for my liking. The finish was also a little weird, it pooled up in my laugh lines around my mouth, which are only there with this powder :/ and accentuated my pores. It wasn't terrible, but not what I wanted when I purchased this powder. I also don't like how you have to buy the compact and powder separately. I bought the powder first and waited to buy the compact until I knew I loved the makeup. back to Sephora it went.

on 12/28/2011 12:52:00 PM

I'm Chinese American, and my skin is very pale - not quite yellow and not quite pink - somewhere in the middle. My skin is pretty normal with dry patches on my nose. I am low maintenance, so I wanted to find a good product that I can just simply put on and be set for the day. I went to Sephora and sampled almost everything! Most foundations and powders look too pink or too yellow on me. But STILA 10 WATTS is perfect!!!! I have been faithful to Stila as Stila has been faithful to me for the past 4 years. The great thing is that I order it on Amazon for only $11 and it lasts me for more than 6 months!

I simply put on moisturizer (Cetaphil is awesome), and then a very thin layer of tinted moisturizer (Laura Mercier Porcelain) or Perfect BB cream (Missha in #13) and then use a kabuki brush (Ecotools - only $7 and softest brush I've ever used) to put on the Stila 10 Watts IPF on. Then I feel very confident throughout the day!!

That's all I use. And I get compliments about my skin all the time. I don't use anything else on my face. Stila helps me to look young and very natural.

Thanks Stila!!

on 9/21/2011 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this at Ulta for about $28. Whenever I'm running low of it, the 20% off coupon from them almost always conveniently arrives so it's a great deal. This is a new type of packaging for me since it's a refillable powder you put into the Stila compact case. In any event, I'm so happy with my purchase! In the past the powder foundations I've tried were chalky, oxidized, cakey or didn't match my skin tone. Stila IPF is quite the opposite. The colors range from light to dark and thankfully for leeyao's review and Notepad, it made it easier for me to select my color (60 Watts) for my NC40/C4 skin! The texture is soft, smooth and my 60 Watts has a golden tone that matched my skin color perfectly, buttery smooth. Another plus is that it didn't dry out my skin or age me as some powders tend to do. This is light to medium buildable coverage. HG for me!

on 8/29/2011 6:26:00 AM

Horrible. Make up looks so cakey when applied. Does not blend into skin. Leaves lines. Doesn't last long at all. Don't waste your money.

on 8/4/2011 4:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

one of the best things I have ever bought! it makes you look soooooo YOUNG.I am 37. it is NOT "sparkly"it is simply illuminating andnot too much so that youllhave a sheen or anything. even when I LOADED it on for FULL coverage..it wasnt sparkly or shiny just extra HEALTHY looking.and youthful.
it is 100% full coverage for me simply by using a lot
otherwise a light dusting over my normal foundation...and even over my normalfoundation and other powder...is just perfect! always look better while wearing it
I got the 20 watts first I am NC15,more likean NC10! and 20 watts was a bit too dark but workable.. just a different look...but the 10 watts I got later on..I got two.... I liked it so much.id stock up! one of the best things I own and I have like100's of items! this is definately top 5 material here. I have very oily skin. it didnt add to that or effect it.seem in fact less oily. yay

on 7/15/2011 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had heard so many good thing about this popular product of Stila and thought I must try it.
It is just not for me. The powder is very dry and would not blend well into my dry skin. The color I got was 30 Watts which was recommended to light medium skin but I still found it is too light for my NC25-30 skin.