July 23, 2014 | 1912 users online

Powder - Stila - Illuminating Powder Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by EmJay31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty decent powder...I use it over my liquid foundation (Revlon New Complexion) to set it and stop my face becoming oily and shiny throughout the day. It does, for a few hours keep my skin looking matte, and as per it's name it does have a bit of an illuminating effect. I have it in 20 watts, which is a pretty accurate match for my fair skin tone. Overall, it's good for what I use it for, but it isn't very long lasting and it doesn't have enough coverage to be used on it's own as a powder foundation. I won't be buying it again, as I'm sure there are better alternatives out there.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So far I do not like this powder foundation. I dont really understasnd why they call it a foundation on the compact but on the makeup refill packaging it says it gives "transparent" coverage which really doesnt make any sense...and the coverage IS transparent. The foundation sampler at sephora was very soft and glided on well but when I actually bought a new one and took it home it was very hard and I couldnt get much out of the compact.. is that just because it was so new? I dont know..

So far this has ZERO coverage and kinda just sunk into my pores.. Ill keep trying it but idk... seems silly to have to wait for something to work when you just want it to work right away. Meh. TBH I might go back to my mac fix plus powder foundation and its also cheaper and provides medium coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by blondetoadie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this based on the great reviews I have read but it just didn't work for me. The color made me look a bit jaundiced and a little washed out. I ended up getting 30 watts because ten and twenty were just too light for my liking. The finish was also a little weird, it pooled up in my laugh lines around my mouth, which are only there with this powder :/ and accentuated my pores. It wasn't terrible, but not what I wanted when I purchased this powder. I also don't like how you have to buy the compact and powder separately. I bought the powder first and waited to buy the compact until I knew I loved the makeup. back to Sephora it went.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by touchofgrace1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm Chinese American, and my skin is very pale - not quite yellow and not quite pink - somewhere in the middle. My skin is pretty normal with dry patches on my nose. I am low maintenance, so I wanted to find a good product that I can just simply put on and be set for the day. I went to Sephora and sampled almost everything! Most foundations and powders look too pink or too yellow on me. But STILA 10 WATTS is perfect!!!! I have been faithful to Stila as Stila has been faithful to me for the past 4 years. The great thing is that I order it on Amazon for only $11 and it lasts me for more than 6 months!

I simply put on moisturizer (Cetaphil is awesome), and then a very thin layer of tinted moisturizer (Laura Mercier Porcelain) or Perfect BB cream (Missha in #13) and then use a kabuki brush (Ecotools - only $7 and softest brush I've ever used) to put on the Stila 10 Watts IPF on. Then I feel very confident throughout the day!!

That's all I use. And I get compliments about my skin all the time. I don't use anything else on my face. Stila helps me to look young and very natural.

Thanks Stila!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Olive143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I purchased this at Ulta for about $28. Whenever I'm running low of it, the 20% off coupon from them almost always conveniently arrives so it's a great deal. This is a new type of packaging for me since it's a refillable powder you put into the Stila compact case. In any event, I'm so happy with my purchase! In the past the powder foundations I've tried were chalky, oxidized, cakey or didn't match my skin tone. Stila IPF is quite the opposite. The colors range from light to dark and thankfully for leeyao's review and Notepad, it made it easier for me to select my color (60 Watts) for my NC40/C4 skin! The texture is soft, smooth and my 60 Watts has a golden tone that matched my skin color perfectly, buttery smooth. Another plus is that it didn't dry out my skin or age me as some powders tend to do. This is light to medium buildable coverage. HG for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2011 6:26:00 AM More reviews by afassero

Horrible. Make up looks so cakey when applied. Does not blend into skin. Leaves lines. Doesn't last long at all. Don't waste your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

one of the best things I have ever bought! it makes you look soooooo YOUNG.I am 37. it is NOT "sparkly"it is simply illuminating andnot too much so that youllhave a sheen or anything. even when I LOADED it on for FULL coverage..it wasnt sparkly or shiny just extra HEALTHY looking.and youthful.
it is 100% full coverage for me simply by using a lot
otherwise a light dusting over my normal foundation...and even over my normalfoundation and other powder...is just perfect! always look better while wearing it
I got the 20 watts first I am NC15,more likean NC10! and 20 watts was a bit too dark but workable.. just a different look...but the 10 watts I got later on..I got two.... I liked it so much.id stock up! one of the best things I own and I have like100's of items! this is definately top 5 material here. I have very oily skin. it didnt add to that or effect it.seem in fact less oily. yay

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by niki0315

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had heard so many good thing about this popular product of Stila and thought I must try it.
It is just not for me. The powder is very dry and would not blend well into my dry skin. The color I got was 30 Watts which was recommended to light medium skin but I still found it is too light for my NC25-30 skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 12:07:00 AM More reviews by franjipany

I love this powder! It gives a wide range of coverage, from light with a brush, medium with a sponge and heavy used wet. There is a wide range of colours to choose from, and the fact that you can buy refills means that it ends up being cheaper when you use the product over and over (also you can just buy a darker shade in summer). I can get quite shiny during the day, but this powder sticks around very well, and only requires a few little blots during the day with the sponge or brush (this is very acceptable for an ILLUMINATING foundation). Even though I am very conscious of my oiliness I keep going back to this, as it just goes 'glowey' during the day. My HG powder foundation for everyday use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in 60 Watts because it matches my skin tone perfectly. Unfortunately, after applying, it turned dark and orange. I tried using it a second time, this time over a primer. Again, it turned dark and orange. Even over primer it accentuated my pores and made them look huge. It does not cover imperfections at all, and I can't wear this without concealer. I thought about exchanging it for the 50 Watts, but after seeing how it bad it makes my skin look, when in fact I have really good skin for my age, I decided to return it. This cost a small fortune, over $40.00 for the powder and the compact. Also, I did not notice any illuminating effect at all, which is what convinced to pay this outrageous price in the first place. I do not recommend this product.