L'Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert - Vitamino Color Shampoo

Aqua/Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Dimethicone, Glycol Distearate, Sodium Chloride, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Cocamide MIPA, Sodium Benzoate, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Salicylic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Linalool, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Polyparaben, 2-Oleamido-1, 3- Octadecanediol, Magnesium Sulfate, Limonene, Parfum/Fragrance.

on 8/13/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I was really pleasntly surprised with this, and I love it! My hair is at a strange place right now, I'm growing out my damaged bleached hair so now some of it is dry and damaged, and some of it is healthy. I don't want to neglect the damaged parts but the healthy parts don't need a heavy duty repairing shampoo, they just need to be clean and moisturized! So anyway, I decided that the healthy regrowth has the priority because the damage is going to get cut off anyway. Vitamino color shampoo seemed like a good match. I'm not going to lie, I was mainly attracted to it for the scent, which is a clean smell (think pantene) mixed with cherries and raspberries. Yum! But also because it seemed to have the perfect moisture balance for me and it would protect the lowlights I got to blend the bleached hair with my natural hair color. The shampoo left my hair clean but not stripped, and together with the conditioner my hair was surprisingly silky, shiny, and easy to detangle. Plus my hair is naturally slightly wavy and this seemed to bring that out. It's a little expensive, but so worth it. Plus it's way less than some of the really expensive products I used to use, and it works so much better! I also want to try liss ultime, for when I straighten my hair! Oh and just fyi, L'oreal is the company that owns some very high end brands like Kerastase, and the L'oreal proffesionel products have access to the same exact research. Kerastase is so over priced. L'oreal proffesionel is expensive enough to be of the same quality but they didn't tack on another $20 to each product just because of marketing hype. I personally find LP to work much better than KS anyway.

on 3/23/2012 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty good shampoo. It makes hair feel clean & soft :)

on 2/22/2012 9:05:00 PM

Excellent, effective and gentle cleanser for coloured hair. Consistently leaves hair super-soft and shiny.

on 8/15/2011 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

sorry to say that i must stop using this. leaves my colored hair dull when using with hard water. more importantly, it does NOT protect my color! have used it quite a few times thinking it is my imagination that my brown is suddenly red highlighted but finally decided to end this product.

on 7/2/2011 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Well.. I really really wanted to like this. I've been using the cheap L'Oreal shampoo with color protect for years and honestly, besides the smell, it has no difference at all. My hair is still dry, scalp still tight and flaky (not dandruff, my scalp is so dry it flakes) and I think my hair is now frizzy as well to top it all off.
So...
+ Smells nice
+ Washes hair :P
- Very expensive for what it is
- The cheaper version does the exact same thing
I guess it might be different for different hair but for me, no luck. I'm very sad about that, I've had years of misses with shampoos, I did hope this will finally be the HG shampoo I've been searching for. But no dice.

on 5/25/2011 1:33:00 AM

I forgot how great this is until I recently recolored my hair. It leaves my hair very soft, shiny and healthy. It must be used with the corresponding conditioner to get the best results.

I love this shampoo! It works wonders for me because:

- it's really pleasant to use;
- has a rich and creamy texture;
- hair feels conditioned, shiny and very soft;
- the smell is to die for (and lingers)!

I can't find nothing less good to say about this product! It's great! I just can't comment on color preservation since I color only from time to time.

on 2/20/2011 3:16:00 PM

I've used this for 2-3 years now and love it, hands down my favorite shampoo. I have fine (healthy) hair, it's not color treated but I live in a sunny climate so I don't mind extra protection. I've found the weight/feel of color protecting shampoos seem to work best for me; often volume shampoos are too drying and conditioning shampoos weigh my hair down.

Also I'm very picky about scents; even if a product is supposed to be great, if it smells bad (to me that usually means herbal/lavender/etc) then I won't even try it. This smells like berries, probably raspberries? Yum. I hope they never stop making this!

on 11/6/2010 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this is the only Loreal shampoo that i actually like. After a new hair color my colorist said that i have to try this the price was ok so i thought yeah ok why not . It lathers up nice the scent is good makes my hair soft shiny and very manageable . I also like the fact that it doesnt weigh my hair down ,its moisturizing enough and plus prevents a little bit the hair dye from fading .To be honest with you its a good shampoo but its definitely not the best i ve ever used and certainly not the cheapest one and plus im making an effort to use more natural hair products and this shampoo is FAR from natural and also i have the feeling that this shampoo just makes my hair look good it doesnt make my hair grow healthier if you know what i mean

on 10/30/2010 2:16:00 AM

Best shampoo in terms of keeping my colour fresh and love the smell. But if I don't rinse it properly, it forms a slightly itchy buildup on my scalp.

Popular Shampoos