October 24, 2014 | 1462 users online

Skincare - Face - Philosophy - Help Me

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by lisakay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product saved my skin. After years of having clear skin I started breaking out on my forehead and cheeks at age 38. I tried different moisturizers and stopped using hair styling products, thinking I was having a reaction to them, but nothing worked. Help Me completely cleared up my skin after about 2 weeks of using it, and a year later my skin looks better than it has in years. I use this with Hope in a Jar SPF during the day and non SPF at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Skilver

i got Help Me to replace "On a Clear Day retinol lotion" because they discontinued it :( Help Me is a little stronger & you use it at night instead of in the daytime. it work great as long as you remember to use a moisturizer afterwards, i use hope in a jar. i have acne & this really does help keep control of it! i have been using it 2 days on & 1 day off before bed for 4-5 months & it really has helped me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by winterlover

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry, sensitive, breakout prone skin. This is fragrance free so does not bother my sinuses or skin. This helps my 'fisherman's face' : I have pale, couperose skin, with whiteheads and acne. So it definitely helps dry up whiteheads, lessen breakouts, and fades my pinkish brown melasma. It is drying so I put my Cerave lotion on first, wait 20 to 30 minutes and then put it on. I use 1-2 x a week. Will always repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by sanduhra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive/combination skin, and I was looking for a miracle after experiencing my first intense breakout in months if not years. I've been using a pea-size amount on my face for approximately three weeks every night, and I have noticed that my skin is significantly clearer/brighter without any retinol-induced irritation. I am usually pretty sensitive to harsher products and was apprehensive of a break-out/rash, but I've only seen improvements. I highly recommend Help Me for others with sensitive skin. For those who are not seeing results, I would recommend exfoliating and toning before using this to give it a little boost.

EDIT 1/7/13: Still awesome, but purchase this on Amazon! It's much cheaper than at Sephora/Ulta.

EDIT 2/27/13: My first tube lasted me for 3+ months of generous, daily use!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is so expensive, it's $60 in Canada. Ouch. But a little goes a long way. when I put this on before bed I wake up with nice skin. It's not working miracles, but I really do see a difference in my skin when I use it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by brichick

This is a great product!! Usually retinol products irritate my face badly but this did not AT ALL. I use this only at night and I was my face with purity, use Origins Perfect World Serum, then this Help Me lotion and then I finish with Bobbi Brown's Intense hydrating night cream....face has looked great and I haven't had any breakouts while using this combination. Highly recommend for those in the 30's that are looking for a product with retinol in it that doesn't irritate your skin and the price is great...a little bit (less than a pea size) covers my entire face.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by spiritkc

I keep buying this when I run out, which says a lot. The packaging doesn't thrill me because the tube looks sort of sad and used-up after the first couple of uses, which is tragic if you like to play with your products and line them all up to admire them.

I noticed that my lines and red splotches were really helped by this when I first started using it. Now I don't know if I'm really seeing any difference, but my fine lines and splotches aren't getting worse and I've been going through the sort of surprising early 30s aging that reminds you that 25 is long gone, so it has to be working.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2012 6:22:00 AM More reviews by TinaNZ

Very disappointing :-( At NZ $92 for the teeny tiny tube which resembles a travel-sized toothpaste, I was expecting a miracle; however, after six weeks of continual use I have not seen any benefits whatsoever (despite taking photographs and comparing them). The good thing about this product is that a very small amount (pea size) goes a very long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by unicornlover

All in all this is a good product if you use it every night. I have used it now for 6 weeks and noticed a great improvement in overall clarity and beauty of my skin.

With that being said, it took about 2 weeks for my skin to not sting when using this. Also, make sure NOT to get it in the eye area - it is really inflammatory.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by luanafp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Having used this every evening for the past 13 months, I have noticed huge improvements in terms of pigmentation and size of my face pores.
I absolutely love this product - Its highly absorbent, the smell is ok and it does not leave a burning sensation like other retinol creams.
I use this on top of Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Serum and the combination has transformed my face from oily-acne-disaster into a beautiful and smooth young woman's face.
I do not have wrinkles so I cannot comment on the effect on wrinkles, but I had acne and high pigmentation and I swear by this product.