October 25, 2014 | 1718 users online

Lip Gloss - Avon - Glazewear Sparkle in Rave

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Grekyl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this colour so much it has become my sig/go-to colour. There's just enough glitter in it to make my lips look fuller, particularly when used with lip liner. It feels nice on, not sticky like most glosses do and the colour lasts quite a while. The only down side is that the glitter transfers so if you smooch your significant other, everyone will know. lol

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

This is one of several Glazewear colors that my mama the Avon rep gave me. Generally, I like the formula, but Rave is not it for me. I'm caramel-toned and Rave did not show up on my highly pigmented lips. Plus, the glitter IMMEDIATELY made my lips itch. Oh well, it's worth a try, just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by doriseses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great color, and the sparkles/glitter is not so big that you can feel it on your lips. The color is very sheer, like a dark fuchsia color.

It lasts as long as any other lip gloss and will need reapplication after you eat.

I wouldn't buy it at the original price, but on sale it's more worth it.

It's a bit drying, but nothing crazy. It feels dry on your lips though so it's not sticky, or super thick or really runny.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by forcedorgasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

complete and utter crap! luckily (i think?) i got this on sale for $2CND. it's super sheer, to the point where it's pretty much a clear gloss with glitter in it. the glitter doesnt show up too noticeably on my lips but in the tube, it can clearly be seen. it somewhat gave a very light sheer wash of pink to my lips, but nothing as the packaging or advertisement in the book appears.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by sarahanne1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got 3 glazewears while they were on sale for $2 each. Tickled Pink, Real Red and Rave. Real Red is gross. The color doesn't blend in nice with your lips, it just looks like it's sitting on there. It looks like blood. Reminded me of the cheerleading practice when a fat girl fell on me and my braces went through my lip. Tickled Pink is cute, but not with my pale complexion. But Rave is where it's at. It's perfect when you just want a little shimmer and a little color to pull your look together. It goes well with my day/work makeup since it's not too dark. I also love it when I go out at night with drastic eye makeup, it lets the eyes pop out and just gives the lips a little shimmer that begs, "Kiss Me." All of the glazewears are creamy, soft, and not sticky at all. My favorite gloss of all time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 4:13:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

I don't really find the glitter pieces to be too big as noted by others, perhaps there is not much consistency from one tube to the next. While the gloss is soft and creamy, I prefer a glassy, sticky gloss and I find there is not enough pigment in this one to satisfy me. Kind of nonexistent and not long lasting. Good pricepoint and okay to wear around the house, but I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this was the best color other then diamonds. it was a nice shear mauve color on my lips w/ very light glitter added. also made my lips soft and conditioned like the other glazewears.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 8:57:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know what everyone is talking about with the sparkle, is it possible that more winds up in some tubes than others? I have been buying this Glazewear for a few years, and have never noticed any more than a touch of sparkle, and certainly not glitter. I like this color, a very sheer natural looking mauve. Great for less-makeup days. All the glazewears have a creamy, soft texture, not glassy or sticky. I find that really bright shiney glosses look best mostly only on very young girls, these are just moist and subtle when it comes to shine. Over a little lip liner or lipstick you can get a much more dramatic look, so they are versatile as well. And when on sale, they are a steal! I like alot of the Glazewears. My one wish would be that Avon comes out with one in a rose creme shade, not too dark, with no shimmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2008 8:46:00 PM More reviews by fwilmore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like the last reviewer said, they must have changed the formulation, because there were NO big chunks of glitter. I really liked the color. It's a lot more sheer than what the tube looks like. It it a very sheer pinky plum with a little shimmer. I have very pigmented lips and this was a wonderful my-lips-but-better color. I love how it's not sticky. I took off a lippie because I have to reapply it throught the day. The fact that it's so un-sticky means that it slips off faster when eating or drinking.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by msannw

Since the last review, the formula of this lipgloss must have been changed. I found it to be a nice, pale pink (actually barely any color) with a subtle glitter/shimmer to it. There were no chunks of glitter as mentioned before. I like this to wear on a day when I want a no-makeup look day. It lasts a fair amount of time, at least on me. At times, I have problems with lipsticks and glosses lasting more than an hour but this surpasses that. Also, I have found that this is the perfect gloss to add on top of Avon's Perfect Pink lipstick. That lipstick really IS the perfect pink and this gloss gives it a nice shimmer. At $1.99 each, it is definitely worth buying again!!