April 20, 2014 | 1018 users online

Treatments - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by karamelsutra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this moisturizer. I've already bought a back up that's how much I love it. I'm not fond of the metal? packaging, but the benefits of this cream trumps that. I use this every morning and night after cleansing. What I love most about it is I tend to have an oily T-zone and this does not contribute to it. Finding the most appropriate lotion for my skin has been a struggle and I may have found my HG. I get a lot of forehead breakouts and this has not caused any additional breakouts because it does not contribute to the overproduction of sebum.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by anabanj

I love this stuff! Makes my face really clear.
**QUESTION**
Is it bad if i put it around/near my eye area? (I'm careful not to get it IN my eyes). That's where I have the most wrinkles so I like putting it there. I never get any dryness or sore/red/itchy eyes or anything, no reaction

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by BulkyDecorativeClock

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination-dry (emphasis on dry) skin that tends to hormonal eruptions and generally looking dull/having a poor cell turnover rate. This product takes care of all that, plus I like the anti-aging benefits.

The key for me with this product is to apply only a pea-sized amount (or a thin layer) to my face after cleansing at night & to use a good broad-spectrum sunscreen every day. In my experience, this product is fantastic in delivering results (smoothing fine lines, refining pores, etc.). Plus, it makes you feel thrifty when you start comparing to similar products on the market. Well, maybe that's just me. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by ElleDuncan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is for the Original Formula, no spf, which is now called Night.

EDIT MARCH 2013
I'd originally not liked this thinking it was giving me white heads. Then I tried it again. So here's me thoughts most recently:
I came back to this after I ran out of the other, the Rapid one.
And frankly, I am liking it better than before. i think my clogged pores were more just diet, lack of sleep, whatnot. I am on day five now and think this is just fine. MY skin in the morning is particularly happy with it. It really looks better.

I was using the Rapid Wrinkle Repair (much different formula, with retinol waaay at the end of the list) with good results, including mild flaking and redness here and there that went away and is sign of things working. Then it just kind of plateaued and began to make my skin look dehydrated and not much more going on with skin tone.
I tried the one with vit c and it made my skin red/orange. That happened to me before, and it's odd, but people even commented on my orange/red skin that week!

Then I thought, on Paula's Choice rec I'd try this one because she claims it has a more effective order of ingredients. I had mixed feelings at first but now realize it's all in the application:

on a slightly moist face, spritzed with thermal water or damp from a damp wash cloth padded on skin after cleansing - put a very small amount and smooth in gently, patting into the skin in gentle taps. About ten minutes later, i apply my LIse Watier Sun Smart spf 30 non chemical primer/sunscreen lotion (a mix of the tinted and plain white so it doesn't look so white). Then it's a bit of concealer, powder to seal, and that's it. BUT I find I need to do a quick once over tissue blot about an hour later and then it's good all day.

I also use this at night and wait about two hours before applying my gentle BP lotion over it. I know that a BP should cancel out an antioxidant formula in THEORY. but I do this nightly and it seems to be doing good things for my skin. I think the retinoal and vit e/c all sink in and then the BP goes to work a little later. I'd never mix them at the exact same time.
EDIT on the BP: I am currently alternating nights where I BP over the Retinol, waiting a long time, and sometimes no BP to give it a rest and let the retinol really do its magic. All you acne sufferers out there: try this. it's doing a good job, cheap, too.

A note re sunscreen version: I've read that chemical sunscreens mixed with retinols is actually WORSE for your skin for both UV damage and wrinkles, etc. So that is why I always opt for no sunscreen. THen I can control the non-chemical titanium dioxide etc sunscreens I use over top when I want to use one.
The one you want is called Night. It's not heavy, it's just called night now, used to be called Original.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by m331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've gone through two tubes of this product, but it's a "like" not a "love." It does make skin smoother and I think it's a good introduction to wrinkle creams, it's just very subtle. I'll look for a more sophisticated formula next time, maybe with BHA or AHA.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by missdana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

All these years I never was a Neutrogena fan. Olay products were my first choice to use. Last year I decided to try something different and I saw this Neutrogena box set with a cleanser, eye cream and this Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream. I have never been so impressed with what it did for my skin! All in all it makes me look brighter and younger - I'm 42 and my untouched pictures tells it all ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

PROS: I like the hydration of this cream - it wasn't too heavy on my oily skin but it gave enough moisture that I could use it alone at night. There was no noticeable smell and it soaked in quickly, leaving my skin soft and hydrated without leaving a sheen. The squeeze-y tube is fantastic, it's easy to work with and allows you to get out every last bit of product. The retinol caused flaking and purging after my first week of use, but that went away after a few days so it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected, seeing that this is my first retinol product.

CONS: After about a month of use, I started breaking out badly over my forehead, cheeks and chin. This lasted for about 3 weeks before I figured out that it was a filler in this product that was probably causing it. I stopped use for about a week and the breakout finally subsided, so now I have to reserve this product for use around my eyes only. I've now switched to AHA's, which irritate my skin a lot less and help the acne rather than make it worse. If you have really sensitive or clog-prone skin, I'd be careful with this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by melodysg

Unfortunately I cannot use this product on my face, and neck either.
I was hoping to replace Paula's barrier repair with this but failed. The texture of the product is lovely, absorbs quickly and light yet moisturising but my skin got really bad irriation only from 2-day consecutive use i.e itchy, peeling, etc. My skin CAN tolerate Paula's rentinol and SkinMedica's 0.65 Tri-rentinol but not this "very gentle" rentinol cream. I also tried ROCs rentinol and got irritations too. I will not purchase any rentinol products made by Johnson's and I think my skin doesn't like their formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaMD12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I started using this cream 3 days ago and my skin has never looked better! My skin is more hydrated, even skin tone, fine lines seem to already be diminishing and it has definitely helped my acne.I also have been using it under my eyes and it has drastically helped my dark circles and crows feet. AMAZING! It works well as a daily moisturizer/primer underneath my liquid foundation (revlon colorstay). I also use it at night after I cleanse. I put this cream on and then I use St.Ive's Timeless collagen/elastin moisturizer. Works Wonders! If you have acne prone/oily dehydrated skin with fine lines...this is the cream for you!!

UPDATE 10/3/12: Still Loving this cream! But now that winter is on it's way I need to use a moisturizer over top.

UPDATE 04/25/13: Clogs my pores.. so now I use it for underneath my eyes and it seem to works pretty good. Taking it down two lippies though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I noticed within a week of using this cream a great improvement in my skin.

My face looks firmer and I can see a definite improvement in my lines and creases.

My skin looks brighter and healthier. Does wonders for tightening pores and clearing up the odd spot or two.

I have two prominent chicken pock scars on my forehead and even they have diminished in size and are not so noticeable.

You only need a very tiny amount of cream, super emollient but not greasy and leaves my skin feeling silky soft.

I am very happy with this cream.