Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

4.3

INGREDIENTS: WATER,C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, GLYCERIN, CETYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, OCTYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, DIMETHICONE, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, RETINOL, PANTHENOL, DISODIUM EDTA, TOCOPHEROL, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, POLYSORBATE 20, TRIETHANOLAMINE, MRTHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, BHT, CARBOMER.

on 6/21/2014 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I just started using the neutrogena anti wrinkle cream with spf. Its been a week and while i have noticed a difference in the texture of my skin this cream gave me three huge hard bumbs on my chin. I stopped with the cream to get rid of the bumps with my sulphur oitment now im back with the neutrogena cream. Hope it fades the dark spots its responsible for because of the 3 painful bumps it left on my chin. But this cream has improved the texture and feel of my skin and smoothed out the redness on my cheeks.

on 5/6/2014 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I started using this about 5 years ago and it has transformed my skin. Can't beat a good retinol cream for the price. Keeps pores smaller and skin looking fresh. I noticed how dull and "older" i looked once I ran out for a few days and stopped using it. I also tried the CVS brand and it didn't come close to this one, fyi on generics.

Will continue to use until I get alittle older and need a stronger retinol cream. So grateful I found this cream! It CHANGED my life. I never would have been consistent with a product had it not been for convenience of buying it and the cost being so reasonable.

on 2/8/2014 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this along with the anti-wrinkle night cream. Unfortunately I broke out like crazy using this stuff. I wasn't crazy about the formula anyway. My skin didn't feel hydrated at all. I paid $17 for each cream and will be giving both to my sister. I should have just stuck with CeraVe moisturizing lotion, but I have the habit of testing the limits of my skin whenever I see it improving by introducing new products.

on 1/25/2014 3:42:00 PM

I have used this product on and off for almost 10 years. I began in highschool with youtube guru Michelle Phan first mentioned it! I always kick myself for trying other moisturizers because nothing is as worthy for my skin as this! My skin leans on the dry side especially in the winter and this moisturizer keeps my skin hydrated without looking greasy (this is so important to me).

I did knock off a lippie because it does not contain spf and even the spf version (which I originally used) is supposedly a different formula than the night version (FYI: THIS IS THE ORIGINAL VERSION.. IT WAS REPACKAGED AS NIGHT). Also, my eyelids are still dry but overall this is my favorite moisturizer. I use it night and day and it has helped me before even out my skin complexion, including hyperpigmentation.

I know others find the packaging particularly difficult but for me it is easier to control how much product comes out (except when it's nearing the end, then be extra careful because it looks somewhat dangerous!).

I hope Neutrogena NEVER discontinues this product!

on 1/23/2014 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I've avoided moisturizers in the past because my skin is so oily, but really wanted to start taking better care of my skin after noticing small signs of aging. I've been using the Anti-wrinkle Night Moisturizer for about 3 months and I'm sold! I use it every morning after the shower. It's non greasy, absorbs quickly, and works well under my makeup. This stuff is wonderful. It has made my skin softer, smoother, and more even. I don't think I've had a single break out since I've been using it. Acne scars have faded drastically. My skin is less oily (which I hate to admit). Small lines around my eyes have diminished... And a line forming between my brows has plumped up. A few of my friends have even commented on how great my skin looks lately. Score!

The results may not be over night, but my skin is looking better and better with use - Unlike other more expensive anti-aging creams that have great results then stop working after a month. I'm only in my 20's, but I will definitely continue buying this until I feel the need for more drastic anti-aging treatments. The price is very reasonable too (less than $10 at Walmart), easily making it a new staple in my beauty routine.

I'm not sure how effective it would be for deeper lines and wrinkles. But for uneven skin or signs of early aging, it's for sure worth a try!

on 1/7/2014 11:14:00 PM

This retinol treatment with vitamins offers results. Even better? It's more affordable than similar products and probably just as effective at combating the skin issues you're battling. I think it may even outperform similar products that cost twice the price and would recommend it to anyone who's unhappy with uneven skin texture, size of pores or early signs of aging. The packaging describes it as a nightly moisturizing cream "clinically proven to start to visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and age spots in one week..." It's recommended that you apply a "pearl sized amount" each night. I was impressed at how quickly this made my skin feel and look smoother. I noticed a difference within a few applications. If your skin is on the dry side, you may have to use this cream every other night until your skin gets use to it, and/or layer a moisturizer on top. I didn't find it to be very moisturizing (especially during winter), but thought it worked wonderfully in spring/summer/fall when my skin is oiler in humid, southern weather.It seems to melt right into my skin - leaving no tacky, heavy, greasy feel. And I LOVE that it's fragrance free. This cream would be a nightly staple if not for Avene's Retrinal + 0.1 Cream, which seemed to provide faster results for clogged pores and minor breakouts. The Avene costs much more than the Neutrogena. I don't have the guts to do a side-by-side comparison on my face, but think the Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle is a very, very good and affordable product that may offer promising results for someone who wants to slow signs of aging without breaking the bank. I'm seriously considering using just this after my Avene supply runs out.

I've only been using this less than a week and I'm already seeing results. The fine lines on my forehead are less noticeable and my skin is significantly smoother. I held off getting this for a long time because of the price. I'm used to paying $6 for Clean and Clear Dual Action!! lol! But this stuff is great. It's not lacking in the moisture department, sinks in very nicely, and makes my foundation look great! Will definitely repurchase.

on 9/10/2013 6:14:00 PM

I am a cosmetician - After getting a training from Avene I decided to switch from retinol to the stronger retinoldehyde creams (supposedly closer to prescription grade). The avene irritated my very sensitive skin...so i am coming back to this one!

Might not as strong, but definitely don't irritate!

on 9/8/2013 11:53:00 PM

Love this stuff! Cream absorbs nicely , and you only need a pearl sized amount to do the job , plus a teeny bit extra because I put it on my neck too . Leaves my skin smooth and glowing , and keeps the fine lines in check ! I'm on my fourth tube !

on 8/9/2013 11:12:00 PM

A CLASSIC.
This stuff has been around for ages and still remains the best Neutrogena has to offer, despite their "advanced" range with endless retinol products. THIS is their true powerhouse.

It has a fragrance-free light cream texture that can work well for oily skin. Anyway, you should apply only a pearl-sized amount. Drier skin types should go ahead and use a more moisturizing cream over this, and definitively a rich moisturizer during the daytime. My skin is combination and this works surprising well over a gel based product like the DDF Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer Moisturizing Serum. I always wear sunscreen during the daytime.

If you want to try a retinol product this is the place to start. Not that you really need to leave, unless you want to move on to the 'prescription side'. The formula is quite effective. It's true that it causes sensitivity in some people, but isn't that a good thing? It shows that there's enough retinol in there, and it remains stable with time. You need to start slow and apply the minimum. And be careful.. If you apply too much, the adverse effects will be felt after 2-3 days. It will be impossible to go back. Be patient, be slow, and experiment. Once you find your dose, you're on your way to skin that's firmer and visibly healthier.

Contrary to popular belief, this product does not contain less retinol than any of the products in the Ageless Intensives line. In fact, judging from the position of retinol in the formula it contains more than most, and probably more than the best. I do not think that Neutrogena would release a product with a higher concentration of retinol since this is already enough irritating. Who would want more than this? Packaging wise, the metallic tube is superior to pumps or all those plastic tubes that tend to expand and suck air inside.

Overall, the greatest improvement will be noticed in skin tone. For hyperpigmentation you should consider HYDROQUINONE, and for fine lines also 10% L-ASCORBIC ACID. Don't forget to exfoliate - BHAs and AHAs, but be gentle. Daily sunscreen is a must.

40ml tube, about 14.50 USD. 17.50 CAD at Walmart. For retinol you don't really need to spend more, and chances are it won't even be as effective. RoC, SkinCeuticals, Murad.. So many options out there but I am not willing to replace this. A complete skincare regimen includes many different products. Not to mention applying the recommended amount and repurchasing regularly. Johnson&Johnson have certainly done their homework, and know how to compete in the market with a product that is cost effective.

You do not need to be above a certain age to start using this product. Retinol is actually the name of the entire vitamin A molecule. A small amount converts into Retinoic Acid and increases cell turnover. But as it is, it provides additional benefits and is also a powerful antioxidant. It would be excellent to start using in the early 20s to prevent future signs of aging.

It might not be as fast and effective on wrinkles as a RETINOID, but it is less irritating and has its own additional benefits. Moreover, it has very similar outcomes in the long run. In a way, it's like a lower than prescription strength retionoid that does additional things and can be used safely around the eyes. Moreover, retinol can also be applied during daytime because it remains stable even with exposure to daylight, especially under a sunscreen, and even more so when accompanied by other antioxidants. Let's not forget that the texture of this cream is much better and contains a large amount of green tea. The formula of a retinoid in comparison is basic, coarse, and stripped down.

Now it's up to you to choose one.

-------------------
By the way, prescription Retin-A is produced by Janssen, a large pharmaceutcal company owned by Johnson&Johnson which also happens to own Neutrogena.

Popular Treatments (Face)