August 29, 2014 | 1341 users online

Bronzers - Prestige - Prestige Sunflower Bronzer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 2:18:00 AM More reviews by just_a_small_town_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I cannot begin to count the number of these compacts I have purchased! I literally use them everyday and it seems like I go through them like there is no tomorrow! I know they last me a good while, but I love it so much! I'm lucky enough to not have major skin problems, very seldom do I get acne, my face is usually never majorly dry (except in the lovely northern Alaskan winters, you just can't help it then), and it's never crazy oily, so, many times, I use this and this alone when it comes to putting anything, like foundation, on my face! I use the colour Terra, which is beautiful! Perfect for when I live in Alaska for college, but works just as well in the humid summer weather here in Illinois! Doesn't wear off and evens out beautifully on my skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2008 9:35:00 AM More reviews by keahi

What is up with these bronzers stinking to high heaven? Seriously. Milani's XL bronzer smells like Nair, and this one smells like the active (read stinky) ingredient in self-tanner. One huge lippie off for this because it makes this almost intolerable for me to use near my face. Everything else about this bronzer is pretty nice, so the stench is a big shame. I'm not typically bothered by fragrance in powders (I even kind of like the classic Noxema scent Cover Girl has as its trademark) but come on, it's got to be pleasant. This actually makes the Nair smell of Milani seem preferable. I didn't notice any other reviews ranting on this, so maybe I got a bad/ old batch?
I have the one called "Terra" with the star shaped section of gold overspray. The color of the powder is quite nice--a medium golden tan that isn't too orangey. I also have NARS Laguna among quite a few other bronzers and I disagree that this shade is like Laguna. Laguna doesn't have any strong warm tones and this definitely does. I'd liken Terra most to Cargo bronzer in Medium. It's pigmented and looks nice on although I rubbed off the gold overspray section because that deposited way too much glitter on my face. Once that was gone this was pretty nice. Doesn't seem to be totally matte, but maybe there's some residue from the overspray still left on the surface of the powder. You get a huge compact for $7.99
If not for the smell this would be a steal. As it is, I am too grossed out by the fragrance to bother with this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2007 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Meaghanb123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! The color I bought was Terra and it is awesome. I have all different types of bronzers (Laura Mercier, Benefit's Hoola, Bare Escentuals Warm Radiance & Fake Tan) and this stuff is the same quality. If you want just the tan look without the shimmer you can swipe just that section or if you want a light glow/ soft shimmer just swipe your brush over the star. The compact is big at .70 oz so you get lots of product. My only complaint is that I think I would prefer something a little smaller to be able to carry in my purse...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2007 1:46:00 AM More reviews by afenton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this bronzer is the same colous as NARS laguna--exactly the same. I did half my face in this, half in the nars and could not tell the difference at all. i swapped my nars, and will save some $$ and stick to this! i use it everyday! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2005 10:34:00 AM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for one released in '05, called 'Terra'. My local London Drugs got a Prestige overhaul and these are included in the wall display (there are apparently 2 colours of bronzers but my store hadn't finished stocking it yet) and were sold for $12.99 Cdn. (There was also a separate summer display with a mosaic bronzer and a lip palette, most likely ltd. ed. stuff).
Anyways, this bronzer caught my eye because it was pretty much matte with a little shimmery gold 'sunflower' overspray on top. The colour is perfect ~ not muddy or orange.
Not as huge as the 'lunch plate' sized ones from the past, but still much larger than a blush (or face powder for that matter!) Packaging mimicks that of the e/s only it's bronze brown instead of brushed silver. According to the display, there is another colour that I assume is lighter?? I can update when the store finished stocking the shelves. :)
Definitely a favorite of d/s bronzing powders.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2004 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Whammy

WARNING!!! Top of product "cracks" easy and then turns to a hole!.
This is last year's version of Bronzer XL. I Would've said purchase again, I love the product itself. But after only a few uses the top of the product started cracking, and then a hole appeared! The product doesn't go all the way through to the pan, not a solid, only puffed up in a kind of pie shape. Well, once it started breaking and getting a hole, that was it! Sooo, dumped it all into a jar and will use as loose. It was such a cute, cool product! I am in mourning....