Bio Oil All Products

3.5

Botanicals Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil) Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil) Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil) Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil) Vitamins Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Oil base Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) Triisononanoin Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate Isopropyl Myristate Glycine Soja Oil Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil BHT Bisabolol Fragrance (Rose) Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone Amyl Cinnamal Benzyl Salicylate Citronellol Coumarin Eugenol Farnesol Geraniol Hydroxycitronellal Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool Color (Orange) D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100)

on 4/27/2015 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Im not 100% convinced by this product.
I first purchased it a few years ago post surgery to help with healing of my scar but I cant say if it helped necessarily or if time just healed the scarred skin & the surgeon did a great job of the incision...who knows. What I can review though is the application, fragrance etc & give an idea on what to expect from this angle!

Its an oil so it applies just like an oil but it does absorb pretty fast. I dont find the fragrance off-putting however my niece used it during her pregnancy & she used the words 'rancid smelling' so she did not like it.
I do not like the bottle. First of all, the screw on cap is a hassle especially once you've decanted & then need to put the cap back on, your hands are still oily....the bottle gets grubby fast - Im sure there are easier ways to deal with the cap.
Im currently 7 months pregnant so Ive also been using this as my daily oil (for about 2 months now) to avoid stretch marks. Till now, I have not one stretch mark but again, I cant tell if this has to do with the oil or with good genes & not having put on that much weight till now. Its hard to tell since there is no proven evidence that topical oils/creams help with pregnancy stretch marks. Some woman get them, some woman dont apparently. Either way, prevention is better than cure but I have been looking into the Vichy anti-stretch cream so Im going to try that for the remainder of my pregnancy.
Im not hot on the ingredients in this bio oil - big reason for changing to the Vichy.

on 4/26/2015 6:13:00 PM

This product changed my skin. I started using it over three years ago and I have never used anything else. I use it at night so it has time to soak into my skin. It really helped with my red cheeks and acne scaring. It gives my skin a very even look and hydrates it very well.

on 4/24/2015 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The consistency is pretty nasty, it gets everywhere, I did see moderate results though, so I suppose it was a little bit worth it :D

on 4/20/2015 4:13:00 AM

Using Bio Oil made my skin really rough and dry. I started getting flaky dry skin patches on my face, my mum had given this to me to use since my skin was dry but it didn't help, my mum uses this and her skin is amazing but for me since I may have younger skin I use Cetaphil daily moisturizer.Though Bio Oil does have a really nice soft smell. I can strongly say that this product isn't for me. :) x

on 4/15/2015 8:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is nothing special, it's overpriced and mostly made of mineral oil (like unfragranced baby oil). This made no difference to my scars or stretch marks. But I think it's the frequent rubbing with an oil that has helped other people, not the oil itself. I tried it on my face, it did temporarily make my skin look brighter and moisturised. But over time it made my skin more dry and extremely flakey. This is because as the skin becomes used to mineral oil, it stops producing as many natural oils of its own and instead becomes reliant on the product - this is also true of vasaline, which makes your lips even dryer when you stop using it. For this reason, I would not recommend this for long term use on dry skin.

on 4/11/2015 8:14:00 PM

I got this after it became a must-have on a bunch of Korean tv shows but I was quite disappointed with it.
The smell is too strong so I can not use it on my face at all.
I usually don't like oily stuff on my body but I do use it on my super dry scalp. I put it on at night and wash my hair in the morning.
But even then it doesn't do much to my scalp.
I'm going to use it all since it doesn't do anything bad either but I will not repurchase.

on 4/9/2015 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Made my eczema flare up so badly that even the smell gives me the willies. Never again.

on 4/4/2015 1:29:00 PM

Very good for sensitive skin with acne scar. It work well on me and the product is good value.

on 4/2/2015 11:12:00 PM

I wanted something that would meet the needs of my dry and sensitive skin, so I gave bio oil a try. I've been using it everyday for a year now and I literally cannot live without it! It makes my skin feel so lovely (even when I wake up in my dry condo!). There has been a definite difference in my skin - less irritated/red, smoother, and overall more "plump". I love it!

on 3/28/2015 7:31:00 PM

Bio oil really helped fade my scars after surgery and now they are hardly noticeable! Amazing product!

Popular Body Skincare Products