Bio Oil All Products

3.5

Botanicals Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil) Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil) Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil) Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil) Vitamins Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Oil base Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) Triisononanoin Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate Isopropyl Myristate Glycine Soja Oil Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil BHT Bisabolol Fragrance (Rose) Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone Amyl Cinnamal Benzyl Salicylate Citronellol Coumarin Eugenol Farnesol Geraniol Hydroxycitronellal Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool Color (Orange) D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100)

on 4/20/2015 4:13:00 AM

Using Bio Oil made my skin really rough and dry. I started getting flaky dry skin patches on my face, my mum had given this to me to use since my skin was dry but it didn't help, my mum uses this and her skin is amazing but for me since I may have younger skin I use Cetaphil daily moisturizer.Though Bio Oil does have a really nice soft smell. I can strongly say that this product isn't for me. :) x

on 4/15/2015 8:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is nothing special, it's overpriced and mostly made of mineral oil (like unfragranced baby oil). This made no difference to my scars or stretch marks. But I think it's the frequent rubbing with an oil that has helped other people, not the oil itself. I tried it on my face, it did temporarily make my skin look brighter and moisturised. But over time it made my skin more dry and extremely flakey. This is because as the skin becomes used to mineral oil, it stops producing as many natural oils of its own and instead becomes reliant on the product - this is also true of vasaline, which makes your lips even dryer when you stop using it. For this reason, I would not recommend this for long term use on dry skin.

on 4/11/2015 8:14:00 PM

I got this after it became a must-have on a bunch of Korean tv shows but I was quite disappointed with it.
The smell is too strong so I can not use it on my face at all.
I usually don't like oily stuff on my body but I do use it on my super dry scalp. I put it on at night and wash my hair in the morning.
But even then it doesn't do much to my scalp.
I'm going to use it all since it doesn't do anything bad either but I will not repurchase.

on 4/9/2015 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Made my eczema flare up so badly that even the smell gives me the willies. Never again.

on 4/4/2015 1:29:00 PM

Very good for sensitive skin with acne scar. It work well on me and the product is good value.

on 4/2/2015 11:12:00 PM

I wanted something that would meet the needs of my dry and sensitive skin, so I gave bio oil a try. I've been using it everyday for a year now and I literally cannot live without it! It makes my skin feel so lovely (even when I wake up in my dry condo!). There has been a definite difference in my skin - less irritated/red, smoother, and overall more "plump". I love it!

on 3/28/2015 7:31:00 PM

Bio oil really helped fade my scars after surgery and now they are hardly noticeable! Amazing product!

on 3/18/2015 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I am a severely clumsy person. I get scrapes, cuts, burns from all kinds of random accidents more than a 5 year old kid! This is my secret weapon of making it all fade away like it never happened! I currently have an old burn mark on my arm from my curling iron(First time that's happened! Very embarrassing!) and with exfoliating and putting Bio Oil on the scar everyday significantly helps. I faded a burn scar on my leg when I burnt myself with my CHI iron; I had my mirror on my door and would sit down in front of it and do everything while sitting on the ground and I wasn't paying attention and burnt my leg! I said I was clumsy! Left a two inch scar and now you dont see anything! Thanks to this oil. Sometimes I put a couple drops on my arms, chest, and face and it leaves me glowing. It is a greasy oil but that's the least of my concerns as long as this works! This works and beyond. I don't have any stretch marks or babies(yet) so I cant vouch for its abilities on that. I also like cocoa butter& oil but Bio Oil is stronger.In the US, the prices are not at all bad, it's not super cheap but not expensive. But where I live in Switzerland the prices are outrageous! My dermatologist sells it in the clinic and charges 60-70 Swiss Francs. Dont buy it here. In the end, no matter where you buy it from, this is amazing. Be sure to use it consistently and you will see results.

on 3/8/2015 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

***Just for clarity,5 lippies = best price, 1 lippie = bad price

Skin: Oily-combination (My forehead is dry in the morning and then its oily as the day goes on.)

Overview: Helps improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone, aging and dehydrated skin.

Packaging: Comes in a bottle that has the typical toner dispenser (a flat plastic thing with a hole in the middle)

Scent: Very floral. If you are sensitive to scents, I would not recommend this.

Texture: A slightly heavier oil on the hand, but it feels light on the skin.

On Skin: Feels light, but can look a bit greasy. For the night time, use around 4-5 drops and warm it in your hands before PATTING it into your skin. For the morning (when you need a little bit more hydration) use two drops, warm it up in your palms, and pat it onto your face. It will look way less greasy with 2 drops. When I wake up in the morning, the dry patches seem to have calmed down, with the exception of one side of my face (The dry patches stick out ALOT because I sleep on that side of my face so I rub it on my pillow, which dries my skin more. This was not caused by the Bio-Oil)

Moisturizing Power: Usually, after foundation, my dry patches still stick out even it I moisturized my face twice (once with a light moisturizer, and one that is slightly heavier and oilier). With the Bio-Oil, I don't have that problem. I apply toner, then two drops of this, and then my Face Shop Tea Tree Lotion and my dry patches do not stick out anymore. It is really good as a makeup base.

Additional: It says it takes around 3 months to see lightened scars and ACTUAL results, so i'll edit this again when the 3 month mark rolls around. But for immediate hydrating and moisturizing results, I am very impressed and will probably continue to use this for a very long time since it is convenient, and the small bottle lasts a VERY long time so it saves you money. ALSO I have not gotten any breakouts because of this which is a relief, because I actually like this product.

Thank you for reading my review!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I used this throughout my pregnancy twice and day from 8 weeks along with coco butter and a number of Elemis oils and clarins. I didn't have any stretch marks until the last few weeks and then nothing could stop them. Products can only do so much. I do now have Dermaroller every 6 weeks over my stretch marks and acne scarring. This is amazing! The lady who does my roller advised me to use bio oil again and coco butter. This is now working amazingly! But only because it is new skin where I am applying it so it works deeper. My advise is if you have stretch marks and want them gone, have a Dermaroller corse and use bio oil. It's pricey but well worth it!

Popular Body Skincare Products