Bio Oil All Products

3.5

Botanicals Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (Calendula Oil) Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (Lavender Oil) Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil (Rosemary Oil) Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil (Chamomile Oil) Vitamins Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A) Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) Oil base Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) Triisononanoin Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate Isopropyl Myristate Glycine Soja Oil Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil BHT Bisabolol Fragrance (Rose) Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone Amyl Cinnamal Benzyl Salicylate Citronellol Coumarin Eugenol Farnesol Geraniol Hydroxycitronellal Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde Limonene Linalool Color (Orange) D&C Red No.17 (CI 26100)

on 5/24/2015 11:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have extremely sensitive skin. I shave my legs regularly, and for the longest time I have gotten razor burns, bumps, and even eczema on top of that since I am prone to rashes and such. It is a pain. These rashes would cause me to itch constantly, and I started getting hyper pigmentation on my legs from all the irritation, resulting in various dark spots all over my legs. Suddenly, I felt embarrassed to wear skirts and shorts, and my legs became my biggest issue. I tried natural remedies with no success. The marks stayed for a long long time, and I wasn't about to use a bleaching cream or anything of that means on my leg since I had the tendency to break out and react. Just 2 weeks ago I found a bottle of Bio Oil in the washroom cupboard that my mom had been using for stretch marks. When I did some research and saw that Bio Oil could very well work on evening skin tone, I decided to give it a go. I have been applying Bio Oil before bed on my dark spots for 2 weeks, and let me tell you, I have seen a HUGE difference. The marks are gradually fading, and I have only been applying once a day and it has not even been a month! It seems to me after reading other reviews that other's skin conditions have healed greatly in a shorter period of time and I can see that my legs will take a while to reach that point, but I couldn't care less because I see the results and if it works, it works. Yes- it may be a bit pricey but I am not one to slather chemicals on my skin so I am okay with it. I recommend this for dark spots for sure! Be patient.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I didn't see a significant difference in the appearance of my scars and stretch marks on my skin. I've used this for about 1-2 months. Maybe i needed to use it longer. But I wan't a fan of the small and the oily feeling residue as I like oils that absorb into the skin quickly.

on 5/6/2015 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

very useful,it helped fading my acne scars,,i would recommend anyone this product,,would buy again,

on 4/27/2015 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

At first, I was very excited to try this product, and had been using it on and off for the last two years. I can’t say that my experience was a positive one overall. So, I thought I’d write a review as a bit of a warning to anyone that is considering purchasing this oil.

Smell & Texture: Bio-Oil is a pale-orange oil that is very lightweight and non-greasy. I think it smells a lot like the “hair food” product by Pro-line. However, some liken the scent to perfume, and others to lavender oil.

Experience: I have some permanent scars on my legs which I had been applying the oil regularly to (4 months), but I cannot report any changes in the appearance or the texture of the scars. The same can be said for the stretch marks on my hips which are still as conspicuous as they were before. During this time, my fingers were peeling quite badly, but I didn’t associate it with the oil. The worst decision, I ever made was allowing this oil to touch my face. After a few days of using this oil on my face, it not only irritated my skin, but it burned! The same peeling action around my fingers (which probably means this bio-oil has very drying ingredients) was now seen in the corners of my nose, lips and eyes, and I also had quite a bit of redness around these areas and my cheeks. Just to be sure that the oil was causing the skin around my fingers to peel, I decided to continue usage on my arms and legs since I had a little of it left. To be honest, my arms and legs were fine with the oil, yet my fingers started to peel again. From what I've gathered, this oil is fine to use on the body but is horrible on the face, and not amazing with scars/stretch marks/uneven skin tone. There are oils with more benefits out there, and if you’re looking to fade marks on your skin or even-out your skin tone, I would personally try to find a better product.

For a more in depth review, you can check out my blogpost: http://teayii.blogspot.com/2015/04/product-review-bio-oil.html

on 4/27/2015 1:52:00 PM

fab product! used this on stomach throughout pregnancy and didn't get any stretch marks so would definitely recommend it! haven't used it on face cos does seem quite oily but mite give it a shot

on 4/27/2015 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Im not 100% convinced by this product.
I first purchased it a few years ago post surgery to help with healing of my scar but I cant say if it helped necessarily or if time just healed the scarred skin & the surgeon did a great job of the incision...who knows. What I can review though is the application, fragrance etc & give an idea on what to expect from this angle!

Its an oil so it applies just like an oil but it does absorb pretty fast. I dont find the fragrance off-putting however my niece used it during her pregnancy & she used the words 'rancid smelling' so she did not like it.
I do not like the bottle. First of all, the screw on cap is a hassle especially once you've decanted & then need to put the cap back on, your hands are still oily....the bottle gets grubby fast - Im sure there are easier ways to deal with the cap.
Im currently 7 months pregnant so Ive also been using this as my daily oil (for about 2 months now) to avoid stretch marks. Till now, I have not one stretch mark but again, I cant tell if this has to do with the oil or with good genes & not having put on that much weight till now. Its hard to tell since there is no proven evidence that topical oils/creams help with pregnancy stretch marks. Some woman get them, some woman dont apparently. Either way, prevention is better than cure but I have been looking into the Vichy anti-stretch cream so Im going to try that for the remainder of my pregnancy.
Im not hot on the ingredients in this bio oil - big reason for changing to the Vichy.

on 4/26/2015 6:13:00 PM

This product changed my skin. I started using it over three years ago and I have never used anything else. I use it at night so it has time to soak into my skin. It really helped with my red cheeks and acne scaring. It gives my skin a very even look and hydrates it very well.

on 4/24/2015 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The consistency is pretty nasty, it gets everywhere, I did see moderate results though, so I suppose it was a little bit worth it :D

on 4/20/2015 4:13:00 AM

Using Bio Oil made my skin really rough and dry. I started getting flaky dry skin patches on my face, my mum had given this to me to use since my skin was dry but it didn't help, my mum uses this and her skin is amazing but for me since I may have younger skin I use Cetaphil daily moisturizer.Though Bio Oil does have a really nice soft smell. I can strongly say that this product isn't for me. :) x

on 4/15/2015 8:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is nothing special, it's overpriced and mostly made of mineral oil (like unfragranced baby oil). This made no difference to my scars or stretch marks. But I think it's the frequent rubbing with an oil that has helped other people, not the oil itself. I tried it on my face, it did temporarily make my skin look brighter and moisturised. But over time it made my skin more dry and extremely flakey. This is because as the skin becomes used to mineral oil, it stops producing as many natural oils of its own and instead becomes reliant on the product - this is also true of vasaline, which makes your lips even dryer when you stop using it. For this reason, I would not recommend this for long term use on dry skin.

Popular Body Skincare Products