April 19, 2014 | 1872 users online

Brows - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Brow & Eye Liner Pencil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

II bought this brow pencil is Taupe because of all the love it gets here on Makeup Alley. Let me throw my two cents in: I declare my total LOVE for this product. It was 99 cents at Rite Aid but I got it for 79 cents because I spend so much there every year I get a 20% discount on all regular priced merchandise...Whoop!

This brow pencil is great...the color is good for my pale, blonde brows, the pencil is long, it will take me a while to use it up, and the pencil itself is quite soft and waxy which I love. The wax really helps to keep my brows tamed. I used short strokes on my brows and I applied Anastasia clear brow get over my brows when I was done.

I have not had to sharpen it yet but I've used pencils like this before, and by that I mean soft and waxy. You have to sharpen them with short quick turns of the pencil sharpener or else you will end up grinding down the entire pencil.

This little gem is going to be a mainstay in my makeup arsenal and I hope Wet n Wild never stops making this. I hate to think of all the money I have wasted over the years buying so-so brow products when this little jewel was sitting right there in the Wet n Wild display, like a wallflower at the junior high dance, hoping against hope that somebody will ask her to dance! Plus, I HEART the price! I'm in no way, shape or form a makeup snob. In fact, I usually hate buying expensive products and only do so if I have no other recourse like with Anastasia brow gel. I have yet to find a drugstore dupe for it so I just keep shelling out the $20.00 for it, and winch in pain every time I might add.

Maybelline makes a brow pencil that is similar to this in texture, but I could never find a color I liked. Taupe happens to be THE perfect color for my cool complexion, blonde hair and brows.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Update-It is a wonderful product for the price, if you have brows. I have to use a very light hand (because it is on the dark side/very pigmented), but for a dollar, it is near excellent, if you have brows to begin with! I agree that it needs a brush or spoolie on the end. For me, it is not a fine enough point nor hard enough. I would not repurchase, but for many it would be perfect. You do get alot of product..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by AnnikaQuist

HOLY COW THIS BROW PENCIL IS SO PIGMENTED. Like wow. When I put it on for the first time it actually surprised me. Definitely worth your buck! :)
P.S. I would recommend getting a shade lighter than your hair color. I got one that was the exact same shade as my hair, and because it's so pigmented it's a bit much. :/ So just a warning to not pick a color that's too dark or you might end up looking a bit cartoonish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by vbaime2

UMMM WOW THIS IS MY FAV BROW PENCIL IN THE WORLD. I have been using and repurchasing this product since um..for years. It works so well. I buy mine in dark brown and it always looks natural. The key is to not use so much! I used to draw it directly onto my brows, then I found an even better way. Take an angled brush, get the product on the brush, then apply it to your brows. It lasts all day regardless if I use it with any primer. "holy grail" brow pencil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by materialface

I picked up this pencil on a whim in Taupe to fill in my eybrows. I am veeerry impressed with this pencil. I think I'll be purchasing more of these.

- the price of approx. $1.99 CAD is an amazing deal for the longest pencil I've ever seen.
- i tested the pencil on my hand and also to warm the kohl a bit before i apply on my brows, and it is very creamy! in a good way. a lot of drugstore eye pencils are too dry.
- i wish there were more shades of brown to choose from, Taupe isn't the best shade for my brows, but still looks natural
- the plastic pencil cover isn't very secure but hey, thats very minor
- i will definitely continue to repurchase these
** a makeup tip for pencils: I've learned that investing in a really good quality makeup sharpener has a great impact on your pencils, whether its for lip and/or eyes. I've tried all the cheap and average sharpeners and after a NARS MUA recommended I purchase their sharpener, I at first said no thanks. But then after trying to sharpen my lip pencil w/my cheap sharpener, I wasted so much product. SO, i made my way to sephora to pick up the NARS duo sharpener (regular & jumbo size) for $8.00 CAD, and this is one of the best investments, even though it might not seem so important, you could save money and pencil product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm absolutely obsessed with this kohl pencil from WnW in the "Taupe" shade. I use it for my brows. I'm 30yrs old and *just* started doing my brows, like, this year(better late than never? ;D) I have (&have always had) pretty full brows, I get them tweezed/waxed every 4-5 weeks, so never thought I "needed" to do my brows and thought it was only for people with thinning brows but I'm ready to say now that I was wrong!
I had the Taupe pencil in my cosmetics collection already, purchased it at my local CVS store for .99cents just to use as a basic taupe shade of eyeliner, but unfortunately I never really reached for it as an eyeliner so it collected dust until I saw a good amount of posts on the MakeUp Board about people with fair skin and dark brows using it as a brow pencil. I thought hum.. maybe I'll try that? Needless to say I did and have become a bit of a pro with it by now, and I've also tried quite a few other brow products along the way but always come back to this one. The ones I've tried thus far are all from drugstores but are: NYC's brow kit, ELF's brow kit, and Wet'nWild's brow kit. -I like them all, but don't find any of those as fool-proof and natural looking on me personally as the Taupe Pencil (which makes me happy because this pencil is HUGE, much taller than your average kohl liner pencil and is only $1 - it's a win/win)
As I said above my skintone is quite fair (In MAC I'd currently be between N10 & NC15) but I also have very dark brown eyes, and med-dark brown hair (as well as brows) -Taupe blends perfectly without looking like I've placed anything at all on my brow area which is the biggest thing for me, I don't ever want it to look like I've applied anything to make my brows look "done" (If that makes sense?) I typically top this pencil off with a little bit of clear mascara by ELF or Maybelline, just so my brows look tame ;) But the clear mascara part isn't even a "must" with this pencil as it smoothes my lashes down really well on it's own.
I've been using this pencil regularly (6-7 days a week) for about 4 months now and am still only about 1/2 way through it, so it lasts quite a while - regardless of how long it lasts though I plan to repurchase over & over again. I actually just stocked up on 2 more of them recently at a CVS BOGO WnW sale ;)
Wet 'n Wild has really impressed me lately and this is no exception, I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this. This is HG quality for me. I tried brow products from lancome, elf, and tarte- none of them compare to this pencil. This is waxy enough to keep my brow hairs in place and it looks very natural with my dark brown hair. No red tones what so ever which i cant stand. I am surprise that this taupe color works so well with dark asian hair and it does not look harsh. One of my favorite bloggers blogged about this a few years ago and recommended that I tried it and I am so glad I did. It lasts all day and it does not rub off. The best thing about this is how affordable and easy to find this pencil is. This is the only brow product I use and I do not need a gel to set it. I am still trying to finish the other brow products I brought.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by laplaisance

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great brow pencil. So affordable! and works well with my thin, light brown brows. I would give it a 5 if I didn't have to use a brush afterwards to blend or if the pencil had a suitable brush on the non-working end eliminating the need for me to hunt down my own brush. I have bought it twice...having completely used up the first one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by 123loverXOXO

I have dark brown hair but light brown eyebrows, so I decided to try out taupe. I LOVE it! It is the perfect colour for my brows (matches them flawlessly). I used to use eyeshadow for my brows, but they always ended up looking ashy, plus it took too long. This pencil (which is huge btw) gives me excellent control and a natural look (I only use it to fill in any gaps)... I would recommend this for sure. And it's only $1.50, how could you go wrong?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by KourtneyBrooke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My HG brown pencil!!!! I have dark brows that are almost black and the dark brown pencil is perfect for them!!! just dark enough without being black. creamy pencil! I wasn't expecting that for something so cheap. my mom has lighter hair and I got her to get the taupe one and she loves it now too. great product. logged on here just to review it so others will get it cuz I don't want them to stop making it lol