Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Brow & Eye Liner Pencil

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

When I first decided to start filling in my brows, I picked this up because I figured it was inexpensive and if I really didn't like the look, I wouldn't have lost out on much. I didn't anticipate that I would be so crazy about a $0.99 brow pencil!

I have very warm, light brown hair/brows, and taupe is a perfect match for me. It's not too red like others I've seen (I think I tried one that's similar from NYC once, and that one's super red). This is also the only brow product I use. I feel like the product has enough hold that I don't need to set my brows with a gel. They stay in place all day. Additionally, I don't notice the product breaking down in terms of color/definition unless I've been wearing it for over 12 hours.

I habitually buy a handful of these whenever I'm at the drugstore and running low. This is definitely my go-to brow pencil, and at this price point, I don't think I'd ever consider a switch.

One caveat: I cannot attest to how these perform as an eyeliner, as I have never used them for that purpose.

on 11/10/2013 3:16:00 PM

Very disappointed of this product as an eyeliner. I bought both the dark brown and charcoal shades, because I just needed some cheap liners. I did my makeup and used the dark brown to create a thick line with a bit of a wing, and then by the time I finished getting ready, the wing had faded.. it looked like it was just disappearing. Not impressed. Other than they're poor staying power, they're very creamy and pigmented.

on 10/24/2013 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I generally use Mink Brown for my brows, since I have a lack of eyebrow hair and my natural brows are the most hideous thing on the face of the planet. That pencil is the exact spot-on shade that matches my brow hairs like no other product can. 99 cents for this, to buy it every 3 months? I think that's the greatest thing about it. It's cost-friendly, sharpens easily, applies great, and is just a long-lasting product.

on 10/16/2013 12:12:00 PM

I love this, and the universal taupe is perfect for my brows with no hint of red. It does require a bit of practice, as I'd been used to a brow marker. But the application is second nature now, and looks natural.

If I see the pencil has to be sharpened, I put it in the freezer overnight.

on 8/24/2013 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

AWESOME! this is the perfect eyebrow pencil for me!!! it's SUPER inexpensive too!! finally, a color that is not too dark and not too red.. it's exactly what it says it is, a lovely taupe.

* awesome at filling in my sparse, light ash brown eye brows
* lasts on my oily skin (unless i wipe it away)
* perfect non-reddish color
* not too dark
* i can do a precise dramatic eyebrow with a sharp pencil without it looking harsh
* i can do a soft eyebrow if i leave the tip dull or do light strokes

* 99 cents??? amazing!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I didn't like this product for my eyebrows..It wipes off very easily..I used this product for my eyebrows..maybe I should try it as an eyeliner instead..

on 8/9/2013 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my HG brow filler, I bought it in Taupe. It's not to dark and has a great waxy element to it that tames my brows. I have had one for several years and bought a back up several months ago.

on 8/4/2013 7:28:00 PM

This is my first review here, but I was inspired to write about this product. I have been on an obsessive search for a brow pencil that is NOT orange-y. My hair and brows are a light-medium ash brown, and I am very fair skinned with a pink undertone, and so anything on my brows with even a slight orange undertone makes me look crazytown. I am not at all picky about texture as long as it lasts throughout the day - but color is super important to me.

I started with Rimmel's famous brow pencil in Hazel, the darling of the beauty blogosphere. Well, the texture was fine (hard and waxy), but - it was NOT what I consider to be taupe or ash, which is how I had heard it described by various reputable bloggers. It's - not ORANGE orange, but - still too orange for me.

So I figured, well, I have to spend some money to get something decent. I scoured the internet and really didn't find much that focused on color - I tried different search terms like "ash brow pencil" and went out and tested many of the ones I found to no avail.

Finally I walked into Sephora and threw myself on the mercy of their "color specialist." She told me that Lancome had the ashiest brow pencils and didn't even take me to look at Anastasia or anything else. She put the darkest blonde on one brow and the lightest brown on the other. They both looked ok; the blonde more natural so I purchased that. Well, of course it looked fine in the store, but what happened when I stepped out? You guessed it. Orange. Just a little. Just enough to make me wonder why I blew $25 plus tax. I returned it.

Back to the internet. I am intrigued by the positive reviews of this Wet n Wild pencil. I generally prefer high end brands but who doesn't love a bargain? And what do you know, Rite Aid is having a sale on them this week, just 69 cents. I bought two and tried it on in my car before I left the lot (so I could return them if it was wrong; I knew I'd never drive back for a $1.50 return). Perfect. Yup, no orange. Just a nice light-medium ASH brown color, a perfect fit for my coloring. Will it be perfect for you? I can't answer that, but if you're looking for a nice ashy brown brow pencil, it's worth the buck to find out.

That's a lot about color - how is the pencil itself? I think that's been answered in other reviews, but my take: It's waxy (as opposed to powdery like Lancome's) but soft. Very pigmented. Color stays all day for me but I haven't tested it by sweating or rubbing. It's HUGE, long I mean, almost to the point of being obnoxious: I have to get close to a mirror to see, and the pencil kept hitting my mirror. Even if a lot of product is lost in sharpening, it will take me ages to use the thing up. The only reason I bought two was so that I could keep one in my travel bag.

on 7/28/2013 6:34:00 PM

I had to write a review because i love it. I always used E.L.F's eyebrow kit because it seemed to be the most popular and cheap alternative, but this eyebrow pencil in Taupe ( my hair is black) is excellent! i don't know why people like E.L.F's eyebrow kit, it can't compare to other brands. I'm asian and my eyebrows "stick out" so this pencil helped make it stay in place because it's waxy. However, use a light hand when applying to get a natural look. Taupe matches black hair. It's like $2.00 in Canada and i also use it along with Milani's eyebrow kit.

on 6/17/2013 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

II bought this brow pencil is Taupe because of all the love it gets here on Makeup Alley. Let me throw my two cents in: I declare my total LOVE for this product. It was 99 cents at Rite Aid but I got it for 79 cents because I spend so much there every year I get a 20% discount on all regular priced merchandise...Whoop!

This brow pencil is great...the color is good for my pale, blonde brows, the pencil is long, it will take me a while to use it up, and the pencil itself is quite soft and waxy which I love. The wax really helps to keep my brows tamed. I used short strokes on my brows and I applied Anastasia clear brow get over my brows when I was done.

I have not had to sharpen it yet but I've used pencils like this before, and by that I mean soft and waxy. You have to sharpen them with short quick turns of the pencil sharpener or else you will end up grinding down the entire pencil.

This little gem is going to be a mainstay in my makeup arsenal and I hope Wet n Wild never stops making this. I hate to think of all the money I have wasted over the years buying so-so brow products when this little jewel was sitting right there in the Wet n Wild display, like a wallflower at the junior high dance, hoping against hope that somebody will ask her to dance! Plus, I HEART the price! I'm in no way, shape or form a makeup snob. In fact, I usually hate buying expensive products and only do so if I have no other recourse like with Anastasia brow gel. I have yet to find a drugstore dupe for it so I just keep shelling out the $20.00 for it, and winch in pain every time I might add.

Maybelline makes a brow pencil that is similar to this in texture, but I could never find a color I liked. Taupe happens to be THE perfect color for my cool complexion, blonde hair and brows.

Popular Brows Products