July 30, 2014 | 2068 users online

Brows - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Brow & Eye Liner Pencil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by malco

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my HG brow filler, I bought it in Taupe. It's not to dark and has a great waxy element to it that tames my brows. I have had one for several years and bought a back up several months ago.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Karefree2

This is my first review here, but I was inspired to write about this product. I have been on an obsessive search for a brow pencil that is NOT orange-y. My hair and brows are a light-medium ash brown, and I am very fair skinned with a pink undertone, and so anything on my brows with even a slight orange undertone makes me look crazytown. I am not at all picky about texture as long as it lasts throughout the day - but color is super important to me.

I started with Rimmel's famous brow pencil in Hazel, the darling of the beauty blogosphere. Well, the texture was fine (hard and waxy), but - it was NOT what I consider to be taupe or ash, which is how I had heard it described by various reputable bloggers. It's - not ORANGE orange, but - still too orange for me.

So I figured, well, I have to spend some money to get something decent. I scoured the internet and really didn't find much that focused on color - I tried different search terms like "ash brow pencil" and went out and tested many of the ones I found to no avail.

Finally I walked into Sephora and threw myself on the mercy of their "color specialist." She told me that Lancome had the ashiest brow pencils and didn't even take me to look at Anastasia or anything else. She put the darkest blonde on one brow and the lightest brown on the other. They both looked ok; the blonde more natural so I purchased that. Well, of course it looked fine in the store, but what happened when I stepped out? You guessed it. Orange. Just a little. Just enough to make me wonder why I blew $25 plus tax. I returned it.

Back to the internet. I am intrigued by the positive reviews of this Wet n Wild pencil. I generally prefer high end brands but who doesn't love a bargain? And what do you know, Rite Aid is having a sale on them this week, just 69 cents. I bought two and tried it on in my car before I left the lot (so I could return them if it was wrong; I knew I'd never drive back for a $1.50 return). Perfect. Yup, no orange. Just a nice light-medium ASH brown color, a perfect fit for my coloring. Will it be perfect for you? I can't answer that, but if you're looking for a nice ashy brown brow pencil, it's worth the buck to find out.

That's a lot about color - how is the pencil itself? I think that's been answered in other reviews, but my take: It's waxy (as opposed to powdery like Lancome's) but soft. Very pigmented. Color stays all day for me but I haven't tested it by sweating or rubbing. It's HUGE, long I mean, almost to the point of being obnoxious: I have to get close to a mirror to see, and the pencil kept hitting my mirror. Even if a lot of product is lost in sharpening, it will take me ages to use the thing up. The only reason I bought two was so that I could keep one in my travel bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by xoxorose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had to write a review because i love it. I always used E.L.F's eyebrow kit because it seemed to be the most popular and cheap alternative, but this eyebrow pencil in Taupe ( my hair is black) is excellent! i don't know why people like E.L.F's eyebrow kit, it can't compare to other brands. I'm asian and my eyebrows "stick out" so this pencil helped make it stay in place because it's waxy. However, use a light hand when applying to get a natural look. Taupe matches black hair. It's like $2.00 in Canada and i also use it along with Milani's eyebrow kit.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

II bought this brow pencil is Taupe because of all the love it gets here on Makeup Alley. Let me throw my two cents in: I declare my total LOVE for this product. It was 99 cents at Rite Aid but I got it for 79 cents because I spend so much there every year I get a 20% discount on all regular priced merchandise...Whoop!

This brow pencil is great...the color is good for my pale, blonde brows, the pencil is long, it will take me a while to use it up, and the pencil itself is quite soft and waxy which I love. The wax really helps to keep my brows tamed. I used short strokes on my brows and I applied Anastasia clear brow get over my brows when I was done.

I have not had to sharpen it yet but I've used pencils like this before, and by that I mean soft and waxy. You have to sharpen them with short quick turns of the pencil sharpener or else you will end up grinding down the entire pencil.

This little gem is going to be a mainstay in my makeup arsenal and I hope Wet n Wild never stops making this. I hate to think of all the money I have wasted over the years buying so-so brow products when this little jewel was sitting right there in the Wet n Wild display, like a wallflower at the junior high dance, hoping against hope that somebody will ask her to dance! Plus, I HEART the price! I'm in no way, shape or form a makeup snob. In fact, I usually hate buying expensive products and only do so if I have no other recourse like with Anastasia brow gel. I have yet to find a drugstore dupe for it so I just keep shelling out the $20.00 for it, and winch in pain every time I might add.

Maybelline makes a brow pencil that is similar to this in texture, but I could never find a color I liked. Taupe happens to be THE perfect color for my cool complexion, blonde hair and brows.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Update-It is a wonderful product for the price, if you have brows. I have to use a very light hand (because it is on the dark side/very pigmented), but for a dollar, it is near excellent, if you have brows to begin with! I agree that it needs a brush or spoolie on the end. For me, it is not a fine enough point nor hard enough. I would not repurchase, but for many it would be perfect. You do get alot of product..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by AnnikaQuist

HOLY COW THIS BROW PENCIL IS SO PIGMENTED. Like wow. When I put it on for the first time it actually surprised me. Definitely worth your buck! :)
P.S. I would recommend getting a shade lighter than your hair color. I got one that was the exact same shade as my hair, and because it's so pigmented it's a bit much. :/ So just a warning to not pick a color that's too dark or you might end up looking a bit cartoonish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by vbaime2

UMMM WOW THIS IS MY FAV BROW PENCIL IN THE WORLD. I have been using and repurchasing this product since um..for years. It works so well. I buy mine in dark brown and it always looks natural. The key is to not use so much! I used to draw it directly onto my brows, then I found an even better way. Take an angled brush, get the product on the brush, then apply it to your brows. It lasts all day regardless if I use it with any primer. "holy grail" brow pencil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by materialface

I picked up this pencil on a whim in Taupe to fill in my eybrows. I am veeerry impressed with this pencil. I think I'll be purchasing more of these.

- the price of approx. $1.99 CAD is an amazing deal for the longest pencil I've ever seen.
- i tested the pencil on my hand and also to warm the kohl a bit before i apply on my brows, and it is very creamy! in a good way. a lot of drugstore eye pencils are too dry.
- i wish there were more shades of brown to choose from, Taupe isn't the best shade for my brows, but still looks natural
- the plastic pencil cover isn't very secure but hey, thats very minor
- i will definitely continue to repurchase these
** a makeup tip for pencils: I've learned that investing in a really good quality makeup sharpener has a great impact on your pencils, whether its for lip and/or eyes. I've tried all the cheap and average sharpeners and after a NARS MUA recommended I purchase their sharpener, I at first said no thanks. But then after trying to sharpen my lip pencil w/my cheap sharpener, I wasted so much product. SO, i made my way to sephora to pick up the NARS duo sharpener (regular & jumbo size) for $8.00 CAD, and this is one of the best investments, even though it might not seem so important, you could save money and pencil product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm absolutely obsessed with this kohl pencil from WnW in the "Taupe" shade. I use it for my brows. I'm 30yrs old and *just* started doing my brows, like, this year(better late than never? ;D) I have (&have always had) pretty full brows, I get them tweezed/waxed every 4-5 weeks, so never thought I "needed" to do my brows and thought it was only for people with thinning brows but I'm ready to say now that I was wrong!
I had the Taupe pencil in my cosmetics collection already, purchased it at my local CVS store for .99cents just to use as a basic taupe shade of eyeliner, but unfortunately I never really reached for it as an eyeliner so it collected dust until I saw a good amount of posts on the MakeUp Board about people with fair skin and dark brows using it as a brow pencil. I thought hum.. maybe I'll try that? Needless to say I did and have become a bit of a pro with it by now, and I've also tried quite a few other brow products along the way but always come back to this one. The ones I've tried thus far are all from drugstores but are: NYC's brow kit, ELF's brow kit, and Wet'nWild's brow kit. -I like them all, but don't find any of those as fool-proof and natural looking on me personally as the Taupe Pencil (which makes me happy because this pencil is HUGE, much taller than your average kohl liner pencil and is only $1 - it's a win/win)
As I said above my skintone is quite fair (In MAC I'd currently be between N10 & NC15) but I also have very dark brown eyes, and med-dark brown hair (as well as brows) -Taupe blends perfectly without looking like I've placed anything at all on my brow area which is the biggest thing for me, I don't ever want it to look like I've applied anything to make my brows look "done" (If that makes sense?) I typically top this pencil off with a little bit of clear mascara by ELF or Maybelline, just so my brows look tame ;) But the clear mascara part isn't even a "must" with this pencil as it smoothes my lashes down really well on it's own.
I've been using this pencil regularly (6-7 days a week) for about 4 months now and am still only about 1/2 way through it, so it lasts quite a while - regardless of how long it lasts though I plan to repurchase over & over again. I actually just stocked up on 2 more of them recently at a CVS BOGO WnW sale ;)
Wet 'n Wild has really impressed me lately and this is no exception, I highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this. This is HG quality for me. I tried brow products from lancome, elf, and tarte- none of them compare to this pencil. This is waxy enough to keep my brow hairs in place and it looks very natural with my dark brown hair. No red tones what so ever which i cant stand. I am surprise that this taupe color works so well with dark asian hair and it does not look harsh. One of my favorite bloggers blogged about this a few years ago and recommended that I tried it and I am so glad I did. It lasts all day and it does not rub off. The best thing about this is how affordable and easy to find this pencil is. This is the only brow product I use and I do not need a gel to set it. I am still trying to finish the other brow products I brought.