MAC Veluxe - Beauty Marked

3.6

I think the reason people don't like this eyeshadow is because they don't know what's the best way to use it. I use it only as a eyeliner and it's the best thing ever! Super pigmented dark almost black purple with sparkles is just gorgeous and brings out really well my brown eyes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Beauty Marked is one of the most unique and beautiful eyeshadows that I have ever seen. When I saw it at MAC, I knew I had to have it. It's a blackened red-purple with sparkles. The pictures don't do justice--at all. You MUST see it and swatch it in person in order to get the full effect of its beauty. I mean, c'mon, its awesome name is enough to draw me in to buy it! (Whoever came up with this name and shade is a genius.)
The texture, however, isn't the best. It's just not as smooth as other MAC eyeshadows are. But the color pay-off is good. You hardly need much product for maximum color. This is, however, a very dark shade, so you may or may not want to apply less for a lighter color.
So far I've only came up with 2 looks with this eyeshadow:
-Sunset-inspired: Amber Lights on inner 1/3 lid; Expensive Pink on middle lid; Cranberry on outer lid, Beauty Marked into crease, on farthest outer lid, and smoked on outer 1/3 of lower lash line for drama and intensity.
-Satin Taupe all over lid and Beauty Marked on outer lid and smoked on outer 1/2 of lower lash line.
I'm trying to experiment to see what other looks I can come up with with this.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Beautiful eyeshadow! It appears really dark when applied alone so I like to blend this over Nocturnelle to bring out the color payoff. This combination, along with Crystal Avalanche in the inner corners, really makes my dark brown eyes pop! I experienced a bit of fall out but nothing too bad. Don't judge me, but I passed out with my makeup still on and woke up the next day with my makeup looking as perfect as when I first applied.

I picked up Beauty Marked from my local MAC store on the weekend, and I'm absolutely in love with it!! It's great as a black for looks, and the purple glitter in the colour does shine through. You can use it as a liner and smoke it if you use it with mixing medium. I love it!!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Not a fan. This color was georg in the pan, but not on my lids. Texture is not smooth, almost gritty. Does not blend nicely and becomes muddy. Too bad.

This is a very disappointing shade, and honestly, why is Mac still selling it? I'm sorry but if you have to foil it to get it to work then it's not worth buying. Even as a black shade, it looks a mess. Save your money.

Well, I seem to be new to the Beauty Marked disappointment party, but here I am nonetheless! The worst thing is, this was my very first MAC purchase ever, so it has left me with a very negative impression of the company and the quality of makeup they sell. I didn't know I had a MAC near me. I never had lived near one. But when I went to Macy's, I saw a MAC counter and looked around. Beauty Marked drew my eye like crazy. I've never seen anything like it. And though I don't normally do pink or peachy looks, I bought Girlie to go with BM and headed home. I put on a primer, put Girlie down as a base, used a Sephora shadow in a dark pink/mauve shade for my lid, and eagerly grabbed BM for the crease. How thoroughly disappointing! No purple. No pink. No shimmer. Just dusty black. Totally not worth the money. I've seen a few youtube reviews about 'making BM work for you,' but they all involve complicated steps or lots of other products. Mostly, you are supposed to put down color (purple or pink, depending on which you want to bring out) underneath BM. That should help it show up. No thanks! Urban Decay does shadows that look glittery and complex in the pan and, guess what, they show up glittery and complex on the eye! Wow! Imagine that! (I also got a black-green glittery shadow from Bare Minerals which applies like a dream, so I know it can be done). I've been researching Macy's MAC return policies and it seems you can take them back as long as you have the return sticker. Sorry. I'm not big on pink looks anyway, so this was a stretch for me as it was. I can't think of a use for Girlie outside of using it with BM, so it will probably go back too. I was thinking of getting Young Punk, but now I'm having doubts about that. I'll at least research it, and will probably order online instead of buying in store (if they give me hassles about the return). Maybe this was a fluke, but it just doesn't inspire me to give MAC another try. I just want my money back. That $40 will go a long way towards a nice palette or perfume set I've been wanting at Sephora too.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This used to be my go-to e/s!! My first year in college I wore it all over my lid with a brush dipped in water to pack it on. WTF was I thinking lol I already have small eyes but that just made my eyes look like slits. Anyways, back to Beauty Marked. The texture is gritty, but the color is incredible!! I love the sparkles. On me it shows up as a black/purple with purple (?) sparkles. I think this shade is so unique. I only use it to do a smokey eye though. I have learned to save this for evenings. It's a great clubbing e/s!!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Super pigmented color. Probably too dark for me to use on my entire lid. I love using this as my crease color. It blends really nicely!

I love using this as a crease colour when I use a purple on my lid. I like it. It compliments the purple eyeshadow and brings harmony to it. It also makes the glitter it in stand out more. It's not an intense black, more softer, it's like a carbon black, with a little bit of reflective red-purple glitter. The only thing is that I wish it had more glitter when it's on the lid. But if you use a black base, the glitter shows up way more.
I don't think it's misleading in the pan because It looks black in the pan! So, that's what I was expecting... to me, it shows up on the eyes like it would in the pan.

Top Rated MAC Products