Lancome Tresor

3.4

on 8/25/2014 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My first experience with Tresor was my first trip to Branson, MO in 2001. I was 21 at the time and went to a real nice perfume store in the red roof mall which was a new experience for me. I smelled this and thought it was so classy that I picked up a bottle for my mom which she truly loved. I have bought her a couple bottles since and I'm not quite sure why I never bought one for myself for I think it's a fabulous scent. I don't get all the "old lady" comments for I don't smell that in this scent at all! It's not overwhelming either and on my skin it's very soft, just lovely. Don't let the negative comments scare you off if you want to try this one. There is a reason it's still popular after almost 25 years.

on 3/23/2014 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

One of my favourite scents from Lancome. The bottle is gorgeous and the fragrance is even prettier! It most noticiably has a scent of rose and peach to it, in a very natural blend. It lasts all day for me, but it does fade to a more subtle scent after a few hours. It is a very elegant scent but definetly not too overwhelming, even though I can be sensitive to different fragrances. A must have in my books.

on 1/21/2014 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have used this fragrance before in the past and was not wowed or turned off by it. I misplaced my BBW Paris Amour one day prior too work and grabbed whatever scent sample I had in my purse to spray on. Oh My Lord!!!! I could not wait to get to work to scrub this off. I smelled like someone doused me with insecticide. I am not kidding, I could not believe how bad this stuff smelled on me. I threw the sample in the trash and was happy that I left my BBW in a work drawer. Not for me, never again.

on 1/18/2014 9:34:00 PM

A powdery Floriental, very much of its time in 1990, that has aged remarkably well and become truly classic. While it shares the same apricot-lipstick-rose character as YSL Paris and Arden Red Door, Tresor avoids the foofy saccharine overload that makes those two so dated & sickening to my nose. I really love Tresor, for everyday wear as well as dress-up, and while I'm too much of a collector to ever have an HG fragrance, this one comes dang close.

Both the bottles I own are pre-reformulation (I own the mid-'90s "Voile de Parfum" spray and a large EDP splash), so I can't speak to the current version. At first application, there's a heavy dose of boozy, half-fermented apricot, followed quickly by velvety rose and powdery benzoin. Tresor is soft, bosomy, almost ethereal in its sillage; yet the spiced apricot sticks around to remind you this stuff is old-school Woman and is here for the day and all night long. It's beautiful and eminently wearable. YUM.

It smells too mature on my skin, but I still like it for a classy, grownup perfume. The bottle is beautiful. Maybe I need to grow into this scent? I still love my young, girly perfumes even though I'm not a teenager or college-age anymore, but I am trying to get more into sophisticated scents. This is a good one. I'd recommend it for a gift, and I would still buy it even for myself if I find a good deal. I think it's great for occasions when you want to feel romantic, sophisticated, sensual, and need a break from the fruity young scents.

on 12/27/2013 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I have been wearing Tresor for 20 years now, and no fragrance can compare to this timeless classic. I worked as a police dispatcher for a number of years and was one of few females in the department. The police officers would come to me in the control room and ask what I was wearing. They said they followed my heavenly scent throughout the department and wanted to purchase it for their wives. I am always getting compliments while wearing this perfume and my husband keeps me stocked. It is my signature fragrance.

on 11/18/2013 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wearing Tresor is like being suffocated in cotton candy drenched with Aqua Net Hairspray. It is sickeningly sweet, with sharp, synthetic, chemical notes.

It was a gift and normally I would wear it at least few times around the giver but I don't think I can stomach it.

The bottle is nice though.

PS: I'm not sure why some who don't like it call it an "old lady" fragrance. There are just as many fans among young women here as in the oldest age group. As a woman who will soon been in the '56 and over' group, I'm getting more sensitive to such remarks.

on 11/18/2013 2:39:00 AM

Such a timeless true classic, it holds so many memories for me.

It is sophisticated and grown up, yet has something about it that does not conform, some whimsy and zest that is that once you've lived a bit and know more. It is not a sugary, flowery teenage perfume at all. It is a very cleverly crafted fragrance that was one of my most worn fragrances for years and I lived a far from proper life! it is equally at home at the office as it is at a party.

The bottle is so elegantly chic, it is like a little architectural design, with the elegance of a Lalique, timeless.

I have an unopened bottle of this stashed away, kept cool and dry, I think I'm going to open it up and allow memories to race back to me. This is a comforting and sophisticated fragrance and unfairly gets the 'old lady' label. There is nothing old lady about this. I think people need to realise we live in a world of cookie-cutter, mass produced, candy shop, artificial thoughtless scents these days, that anything 'real' seems foreign. Remember how perfume is supposed to be worn, let it breathe and mingle with your skin..let it work it's magic. There is something a little bit magic about this perfume and people might be surprised to find it's not what they 'think' it will be.

on 11/9/2013 6:23:00 PM

Are you kidding me? This smells like rocks. I don't understand how ANYONE could find this appealing. If you are under 65 you prbly won't like it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This was another fragrance used by the women in my family since years ago. I am spanish and this is sort of a huge thing where I live. I wouldn't use it, since I am in my early 20's and this is right just for older ladies. The smell is STRONG! Just like Elizabeth Arden's Red Door, this is one of those perfumes that you just require a few drops rather than a full spray application to make it work.
It's not bad, it's actually floral and nice, but it's just too strong. The company should tone it down a lot.

Popular Fragrances