October 25, 2014 | 1324 users online

Concealers - Bare Escentuals - Well Rested

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have had this forever and surprised I never reviewed it. It's ok, but nothing special or anything I would ever buy again. It's supposed to give you that "awake" look but for me it just creases and moves. It's a yellow based matte color that is supposed to get rid of under eye circles, but for me it doesn't do much and never has.

This will crease with or without primer and will get into the fine lines. It looks very crepe on me and I really dislike it. I use it for shadow now because I feel that is is completely ineffective for anything else.

Save your money and get a different under eye neutralizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by wgillesp92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this product, I tried so hard and have used it as many different ways as I possibly can think of, and just cannot come to like it. No matter how much moisturizer/primer/oil/crisco I use on my under eye area, I cannot seem to keep it from creasing and leaving me with tissue paper looking under eyes. Mind you I'm 21, have no wrinkles (yet), and crazy oily skin. It takes a truly horrible product to make me dry, and this stuff does it. Additionally, I'm what I would imagine to be the perfect complexion color for this product; not so pale that it looks like yellow crayon, but light enough that it isn't strangely light, and still it looks very unnatural and yellow on me. I also have terrible hereditary bags under my eyes that no amount of sleep or eye cream will ever fix, and this doesn't seem to cover them, but rather accentuates them. And the packaging isn't my favorite. The black lid smudges really easily, there is always powder stuck under the sifter lid and around the lip of the outer rim, which my OCD personality can't take.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by CarmenDigi

I am always in search of a concealer, brightener, highlighter, powder, etc. that will deal with my dark circles. I have dark circles and puffiness on the bottom and top of my eyes. I saw makeup tutorial and the girl used this product. She had really bad raccoon-like dark circles and it made a big difference. I purchases the Well Rested, in Yellow Ivory, earlier this week. Bottom line - love the product and would re purchase it until I find something better. I also use the Bare Minerals Stroke of Light, and Benefit WattsUp. The Well Rested is used after foundation. I put it on over both foundation and setting powder. It looks great. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by todosjahexistem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

No matter how hydrated my under eyes are, what concealer I use, this powder ALWAYS looks cakey, dry and weird on me. I apply the minimum amount, and with a MAC 224 brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by shauna510

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't get it. A sales person at Nordstrom highly recommended I try this for my dark circles. She said it was what she had on and it was a best seller etc. etc. She herself looked like she had cakey, grey undereyes. Got home and tried it and it also made my undereyes look wrinkley and grey. My circles aren't horrible, but I do have darkness. Not many fine lines either and it made me look old and not rested. Not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by ohmmhm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Maybe it's just me and I'm not as pale as I think but this stuff makes me have reverse raccoon eyes. It's very light, almost white, when it goes on so if you have any color at all to your face, it will be very noticeable and strange looking. Not to mention the fact that it makes dry skin very noticeable. I give it 3 lippies though because this does however work wonderfully as a highlighter for under the eye brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

LOVE this!!!

I use this powder to set my concealer under my eyes, and it does a great job of really brightening and perking up those dark circles.

It comes in a little jar, and you have to twist the cap to get out the product. I shake out a tiny amount (you really don't need much at all with this) onto the lid, then use a small blush brush to sweep under my eyes.

I also like to use this to set liquid highlighting products, by sweeping it along my cheekbones, down my nose and on my cupid's bow. It helps keep the liquid in place and just freshens everything up.

I lusted over this for awhile before picking it up, and I'm very, very glad I did. I've used it every day for about a month now, and my makeup routine wouldn't be the same without it. I went on a trip recently, and I made sure this was in my beauty bag! I can always tell the difference!

I costs just under $20, which is not inexpensive, but know that it will last you a long time, because you need such a tiny amount, so I think it's worth it.

I also have friends who don't like to wear a lot of makeup, and I've used it on them alone, without a concealer, just under the eyes, to brighten the area. It can work very well alone for ladies who use mineral makeup.

I'm super glad I bought this, and I would recommend it to anyone in the market of a little extra goodie to brighten up your face and makeup routine!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by ClaireF24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product and have used it since it first came out. I first started using it as a stand alone product to hide my very brown and purple toned under-eye circles and eyelids, but now, like others, I pair it with my Stroke of Light concealer. The combo really hides everything and gives me that flawlessness I am after. I also use this on blemishes and sunspots because I find the yellow helps conceal the redness.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by bettyboop530

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This must be a good product and suitable for those who have no serious dark under eye circles like mine. I have tried different ways on working on it with my dark circles but still it tends to give me either that reverse raccoon eyes or grey under eye circles and makes me look like "not rested"... seriously, i guess its main purpose is not to conceal dark circles but only as an eye brightener for those who has minimal to zero dark under eye circles.... and definitely not for those with dry skin.. I tried my best for at least liking this but ugh,,,nahhh... :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by mmfoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't get enough of this stuff! I am so impressed with its brightening power - I didn't think something like this existed!

I layer a bit over my Stroke of Light (Luminous 2) to get a bit more coverage, and it makes all the difference. My eye area almost looks like it has zero dark circles anywhere, and it also look significantly brighter. I haven't ever seen my dark circles be covered completely by something that has this kind of staying power that doesn't get cakey. It reacts well with my other bareMinerals products, and I'm so happy I got a sample of it!

I have also found it helps further color dark spots from acne that I have by my chin. It has helped me skin look even closer to flawless!