April 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Concealers - Bare Escentuals - Well Rested

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by ohmmhm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Maybe it's just me and I'm not as pale as I think but this stuff makes me have reverse raccoon eyes. It's very light, almost white, when it goes on so if you have any color at all to your face, it will be very noticeable and strange looking. Not to mention the fact that it makes dry skin very noticeable. I give it 3 lippies though because this does however work wonderfully as a highlighter for under the eye brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by iheartowls55

LOVE this!!!

I use this powder to set my concealer under my eyes, and it does a great job of really brightening and perking up those dark circles.

It comes in a little jar, and you have to twist the cap to get out the product. I shake out a tiny amount (you really don't need much at all with this) onto the lid, then use a small blush brush to sweep under my eyes.

I also like to use this to set liquid highlighting products, by sweeping it along my cheekbones, down my nose and on my cupid's bow. It helps keep the liquid in place and just freshens everything up.

I lusted over this for awhile before picking it up, and I'm very, very glad I did. I've used it every day for about a month now, and my makeup routine wouldn't be the same without it. I went on a trip recently, and I made sure this was in my beauty bag! I can always tell the difference!

I costs just under $20, which is not inexpensive, but know that it will last you a long time, because you need such a tiny amount, so I think it's worth it.

I also have friends who don't like to wear a lot of makeup, and I've used it on them alone, without a concealer, just under the eyes, to brighten the area. It can work very well alone for ladies who use mineral makeup.

I'm super glad I bought this, and I would recommend it to anyone in the market of a little extra goodie to brighten up your face and makeup routine!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by ClaireF24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product and have used it since it first came out. I first started using it as a stand alone product to hide my very brown and purple toned under-eye circles and eyelids, but now, like others, I pair it with my Stroke of Light concealer. The combo really hides everything and gives me that flawlessness I am after. I also use this on blemishes and sunspots because I find the yellow helps conceal the redness.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by bettyboop530

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This must be a good product and suitable for those who have no serious dark under eye circles like mine. I have tried different ways on working on it with my dark circles but still it tends to give me either that reverse raccoon eyes or grey under eye circles and makes me look like "not rested"... seriously, i guess its main purpose is not to conceal dark circles but only as an eye brightener for those who has minimal to zero dark under eye circles.... and definitely not for those with dry skin.. I tried my best for at least liking this but ugh,,,nahhh... :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by mmfoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't get enough of this stuff! I am so impressed with its brightening power - I didn't think something like this existed!

I layer a bit over my Stroke of Light (Luminous 2) to get a bit more coverage, and it makes all the difference. My eye area almost looks like it has zero dark circles anywhere, and it also look significantly brighter. I haven't ever seen my dark circles be covered completely by something that has this kind of staying power that doesn't get cakey. It reacts well with my other bareMinerals products, and I'm so happy I got a sample of it!

I have also found it helps further color dark spots from acne that I have by my chin. It has helped me skin look even closer to flawless!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by nhuthao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Skintone: NC35

If you're looking for a powder to set your undereye concealer and brighten the area at the same time, this will work for you. If you like that area to be really, really bright-- you'll probably love this. It is definitely lightweight - throughout the day, I don't feel it drying up either.

It doesn't do much to prevent fine lines though, which is one of my main concerns. Try using it with a wet sponge or Beauty Blender -- this really helps to blend the powder with the concealer underneath, and it helps to prevent fine lines. If you have neither, use a fluffy brush. A dense one will apply way too much product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by ohsoglamorous

This is the only product I can find that will cover everything that's on my face that I'm trying to hide. It does not last a very long time, but I give it major points for being able to cover, since most products are horrible at this.

I use this as a regular concealer rather than an undereye circle concealer since Bare Escentuals Bisque in any shade is too dark for my skin. Even regular Bisque comes out orange on me. Well-rested is a little yellow but it's closer to my skin tone than anything else they have.

My main issue with this product, and I know they have changed this recently, is that it makes a mess. When you open it up the powder does not stay all in the middle section, so you end up with it on your vanity. Also, when you are running low on it it is nearly impossible to get the remaining powder out of the bottom section of the container. I've had to take the thing apart to be able to use it all.

I understand now they are making this product in a stick. Perhaps this is because of the issues I have described. I have not tried that yet but I am hoping that form covers as well as the powder does.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was pleasantly surprised by this product! At first I thought, there is no way a POWDER is going to make me look more rested.

Let me start by saying this WILL NOT make you look like you have had your beauty sleep if you were out partying all night! BUT it will make you look less like a hungover zombie xD

I start with eyecream (dry eyes urg) then some eye primer to keep everything in place throughout the day, and whatever amount of concealer I need (big fan of both the Maybelline lumi touch concealer and bare minerals correcting concealer). Then using my MAC 217 I lightly dust this wherever I put concealer.

This instantly sets my cream concealers and make it look more even. It also brightens more than you would think.

I think I like this so much because there is NO FRIGGIN SPARKLES IN IT. Sparkles do not equal brightening! It only makes people wonder why you have sparkly undereyes YUCK.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by cawhitern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using BE for 15+years. I always had horrible skin: acne prone, acne scarring, sensitive, OILY. This makeup changed my life. REALLY! I get compliments all the time on my "great" skin! If they only knew! And now that I'm 54, I have to be careful with what I use on and around my eyes. This stuff is great. I use it on my lids as a primer, under my eyes as a concealer and anywhere I want to brighten. The most important thing to remember about any BE makeup is to use it sparingly- a little goes a long, long way, and use the right brush. I highly recommend going to a BE boutique and have a pro show you how to use this makeup. The only problem with BE is the packaging......but it is so worth the trouble!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by herroyerro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My main complaint with this product is that it's not very long lasting. My under eyes look great in the morning(actually, it looks a little scary bc of the contrast with the redness on my face)

Nonetheless, it does make my eyes look brighter. And I will continue to use it in the morning. I'm thinking of buying the Face Shop's goodbye dark circles powder for touch up the next time I go to pacific mall(that one has lavender undertones which is better for Asian skin i think? also comes with a mirror and a little puff in a separate compartment underneath the powder). Hopefully that one will be longer lasting than this.

and I just have to say that I LOVE the packaging of this! I will defs put my other powders in this when I run out of it!