December 20, 2014 | 1610 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mary Kay - Acne Treatment Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by some1ukno

I use a tiny dot on my acne every night and the next morning the redness usually disappear. The acne would still be there except it is not as irritate or bumpy, so it is very convenient for concealing. Don't expect this product to prevent acne from spreading or completely disappear; you still need a good cleanser to prevent acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by prittypixy

Mary Kay's Acne Treatment Gel is a lifesaver for me! Before I started using it my skin was oily and peeling and breaking out everywhere! I use this gel rather sparingly because it does contain 5% bp. So I usually end up using one time at night before going to bed.

An important thing to remember is that when cleansing your face before using this product do not use an exfoliate or a wash cloth just your bare hands and a gentle cleanser. Benzoyl peroxide is a peeler and an astringent so it is important not make any slight lacerations in the skin, because it will greatly increase sensitivity, and may cause irritation.

All in all this product has been a God send! I used not to be able to use foundations or powders because my skin was so incredibly flaky and irritated. All of my foundations used to leave my face looking caked and all of the flakes would stand out like red flags! This acne treatment has worked like no other! I used to use Clearasil and other concoctions of salicylic acid and none of them worked.

Last but not least, I like to use a noncomodogenic facial moisturizer mixed with a couple drops of jojoba oil because neither of them will clog the pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by markgirl91

This is a great spot treatment. I apply it after I cleanse and before I put on my moisturizer.
pros-
good price
does not burn
prevents breakouts from festering up into white heads
easy to apply
a gel that does go on clear
I can even apply on top of my make up during the day (although idk if u r supposed to?)
cons-
the package could be better
it does have an expiration date so that could also be the reason that some people below said that it stopped working for them after awhile.

I would buy this again

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by linfig3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product ruined my face. It burned my skin where I applied the gel and now I have two big brown spots on my face. I have not been able to reduce the appeareance. Really bad product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by slew84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I give it a 4 beacuse for me it takes a couple of days to kick in.
$7 Price is good some things cost you a lot more and smell gross. You get alot especally if you just use it for spot treatment and no burn or horrible smell. and it dose not leave a reaidue like some other brands.
I also love how gentle it is I rub this stuff all over my face (and trust me when my friends saw my face they bought every thing I was using) to treat and prevent spots. I also made my face clearer and brighter.
I will keep using this
The only reason why it gets a 4 is because the packaging could be a little better. As you get to the end I always get to much product out which sucks when i want to just treat a spot. and when you think its finished and cut the tube I get a whole lot more uses

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by azxgiggles

This was an okay product. I did used to love it when I first started using it, but then it stopped working on me. I have no idea why, but I tried not to use it for a while and then I used it again, and there was no more of the effect it had on me the first time I used it. I still use this, however, when I dont have time to find my other acne treatments.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by pizzamomma

Great product!!! It really has reduced my breakouts and it is mild to use. Like all BP products it can dry out your skin but I make sure I moisturize well when I use it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by boombutt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

while i liked that it didnt sting or irritate my skin this just didnt produce the pimple fighting power that i expect. it wasnt as aggressive as i would have liked but i realize with aggressive treatments also comes the usual sting, dryness and irritation. it took over a week for me to notice any changes. i like quicker results than that. i gave this to a male friend and he really liked it. in fact it is all he uses now. he can get some zingers and it really does work well on his skin just not mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by 1BlessedGal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only bp product I can use on my sensitive skin! It heals my blemishes fast without the irritation of some other bp products I've tried. I don't use it often because I do have rosacea and use topicals for that. However, if I get a blemish I put this on it. For me it's the best spot treatment that is the most gentle on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 2:28:00 AM More reviews by mrssuarez21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The BEST. Of course, you have to use with caution because of the drying effects of BP, but, it really works when used correctly. For only 7 dollars a bottle its a steal.