August 1, 2014 | 1224 users online

Skincare - Face - Mary Kay - Blemish Control Toner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2004 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Julesbait

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't have a serious acne problem, but I am prone to breakouts along my jawline and the sides of my face. I use the blemish control toner along with the complete Timewise system, and it's doing the job nicely for me. I only use the toner in my problem areas and on my nose (which produces more oil than Iraq on any given day). I've never had a problem with irritation or dryness, but I would always reccommend following up with moisturizer nonetheless. For this product to be the most effective, it should be used regularly, even if you're not breaking out. One time I ran out of it and I got lazy and didn't order any more for a while. The zits came back. Once I started using it again for a week or so, no more breakouts.
UPDATE: A few days ago, I grabbed this bottle by mistake, and I learned that it also is a great eye makeup remover! I don't recommend doing that, though. Owwwwwww.... lol

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2004 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Ashbo

Used with a benzoyl peroxide cream/lotion, this product works miracles! It contains salicylic acid (BHA), which exfolitiates deep into pores. Yes, it does contain alcohol, but I have noticed no irratation on my skin. I use a complete Mary Kay skin care regimin, and my acne is COMPLETELY gone! I had previously had a horrible acne problem; now, I feel like I glow! :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2004 5:04:00 PM More reviews by mspears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually like this toner at first. It does the job on clearing up blemishes. The problem that I had is that it is so drying. My face was flaky and dry. I had a hard time putting my makeup on. If I would yawn or open my mouth, I could see the dry skin flaking around my mouth. I stopped using this, and in a matter of days, my face was back to normal.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2003 11:10:00 PM More reviews by mg4mk

I was afraid at first to use this due to the allergic nature if my skin. This helped clear my skin within days. I use TimeWise moisture over it and I did not see any flaking or drying of my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2003 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Layla_Lee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to say, even though I am a Mary Kay junkie, this product was disappointing. Yeah, it cleared up my skin and helped with the oiliness, but it also made my skin extra dry and I'm not used to having dry skin. You can buy better products for less than you would spend on this toner. I think its about ten dollars a bottle. Clean and Clear blackhead clearing scrub does the trick for me, is less expensive and is not as drying as Mary Kay. I will not be repurchasing this product again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2003 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Merrydothe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this for over a month hoping for results--it only made my acne worse-along with the rest of the acne line. A no go for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2002 11:13:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you put too much on it will make your skin feel as if it is on fire so be careful. Dab some on in spots with a Q-tip. This was a staple for me about 10 years ago when my skin was oily and acne prone. Now? Forget it. My skin is fine with breakouts only during TOTM. This will do nothing but aggravate your skin.------------------------ UPDATE: If I want to pay what MK wants for this garbage I'd rather buy high end brands or even MAC and Urban Decay.---------------------------------------------UPDATE: I used to love mk products but found out a lot of interesting information on pinktruth.com regarding the products and company. Turns out they are a bunch of scam artists after all. So sad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2002 3:25:00 PM More reviews by donnaellen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has salacytic acid in it and is remarkable. My husband uses it daily for breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2002 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Shawnah

PLEASSEEEEEEEEEEE be careful with the product. I did everything I was supposed to do, I started out slow etc. I ended up with burnt skin (yes burnt whole face red and and peeling) I did not want to be seen out in public for a whole week. My rep said my reaction was not normal but still be careful. I am not overly sensitive either.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2001 12:23:00 PM More reviews by skymom

I can't live without this product. This really helps keep my blemishes under control, and I notice that if I quit using it, I start to break out again. It contains salicylic acid, which can be drying or irritating to some skin, but it does the trick for me. It is similar to Clinique's clarifying lotion 3. Great stuff for oily, blemished skin!